CBFM Buddy

Mine is firm too, creative, but not yet low.

Jchic, Yay for femera and the upcoming sex fest! By the way, I was having a looksee at your charts, and I think you may be oing on cd 13. If you disregard your temps during AF, which can often be high/erratic, I think your coverline would be lower, and some of your o dates might be a tad earlier. My temps this month early in the cycle are super high because i was sick. I'm going to wait and see what FF does in terms of a coverline and o date, and then I'm going to disregard those high temps and see how FF adjusts the coverline and o date...

What's cooking dawnlouise , mamma, mrs b? And our newbies?

Dtd one more time for insurance. Now I'm DONE!

Hi Ladies :flower:

Room for one more? Started my first cycle using CBFM and peed on my first stick today :happydance:. xxx
A bit about me, I'm 29 (birthday of doom approaching :haha:) so is OH. We've been together around 5 years and this will be our 9th cycle TCC...(boo).

Due to medical reasons we can only BD 2-3 times in my fertile week, so I'm hoping the CBFM will help time things better.

Until now I was using OPKs. They did work, but I often get a + on the same day as OV, so not much warning. I also temp.

If you could only BD twice, would you bd on the two peaks or the last high and first peak?

And also, do you think the CBFM will also show high on the same day as OV, like my OPKs did?

Sorry about the first mammoth post :flower: xxx

Welcome Popcorn! That is SO not a mammoth post - you should see some of mine. Love your avatar BTW - so very consistent with the alias!

I use the CBFM, OPKs for cross checking purposes, and temping. I get 2-3 days of "highs" on the CBFM before getting a peak. Other ladies will get 5 or more high days, and some people go straight to peak with no warning. I think it just depends on the concentration of hormones in your urine at the time of testing, and it may also depend on the senstivity of the sticks (it's not unheard of to get an expired, or bad batch). In my experience (only 2 months using the CBFM), I will get my first + OPK late in the day of my last "high" on the CBFM before my first "peak." I think I am ovulating the following day. This month I got a + OPK on Saturday night (10pm), which was a "high" day on the CBFM, and the + OPK became stronger on Sunday. Sunday was my first "peak" on the CBFM. I think most ladies ovulate on either the first or second peak day (fertility friend says most women ovulate the second peak day). If you can only BD 2-3 times that week, you could dtd the last high and the second peak, but it's going to be hard to know which "high" will be the last one before peaking. In that case, I would BD both peaks... Once you've done it a couple months, hopefully there will be a consistent pattern so you can predict ahead of time when that last "high" might be. But in general I think the two peaks are the most important...

You can also go by CM - if you have a high day with abundant EWCM, I would take advantage and BD that day. My second peak day on the CBFM I have almost no EWCM, so even though it might be the day I'm ovulating, I may really have already passed peak fertility because of the lack of EWCM...

Hi Daisy :hugs: thanks for the lovely welcome and all the info :flower: This month i know the monitor will be getting to know be, but on average OV tends to happen on CD16 (although last time it was 18 :wacko: we missed it and once it was 14). But, for this month due to Christams and me going to my family a little earlier than when OH joins us, we have planned to BD on CD14 and 15, think that will do for this month and like you say, over the next couple of months hopefully it will get easier to time it :happydance:

I do get ewcm but not that much. Ususally though it's the day before ov and/or the day of ov. Before that it's watery.

Eeek, i'm excited about the CBFM! Although I'm pretty sure being on CD6 I have a loooong wait until I see a high.

Hahaha, I'm glad it's not just me with the long chatter posts :)

Aww, thanks for liking my avatar hun! xxx

:hi: Popcorn :D

If it was me and I could only dtd twice I would pick my last high and my 1st peak, only because the last 2 months I o'd on my first peak. Once you figure out when you o you'll have a better idea. using OPKs along with the monitor might help you some too. But like Daisy said definitely keep an eye out for EWCM or Watery CM! That's your que its go time :D

Agree 100% with Creative.

And Creative - LOVE the new avatar pic of the kiddos! Too cute!

Thanks Daisy! I was going to put up a picture of me but they are cuter :haha:

I tried going to your ttc journal but the link isn't working...

Thanks 1cre8tivgrl :flower: I think that might happen to me too (ov on first peak) so, yep, will be on ewcm watch and see what happens for a bit. Thanks girls!

By the way how long are your cycles and when does your CBFM start asking for sticks? xxx

I have 30 day cycles and always o on either cd17 or cd18. My monitor asks for sticks starting on CD9. Probably the same for Daisy as we are identical cycle buddies :D

Cycle buddies! :happydance:

My cycles are 28-30 days, and according to my temps, I ovulate on CD 17 (this month) and CD 18 (last month). My first month on the CBFM, it asked for a stick on day 6, this time it asked for one on day 9.

I think I'm actually ovulating a day earlier than my temps indicate, based on CM observations and the OPK results. I've also read that it can take 24-48 hours after ovulation to see a temp shift...

Popcorn, if you are on CD 6, you can be cycle buddies with Mamma and Jchic, who are also right around there...They have been quiet today - I know Jchic is busy at work. Speaking of which, I better go do some!

Yes it works now, I had no idea you had one...I see that you just started it a few days ago though.

Its pretty neat, every few days or so we have some excitement in here...either someone is o-ing or testing...I think Jchic and mamma are going to be o-ing when Daisy and I will be testing...I love our little thread :hugs:

Cool :) so i'm right behind you guys with ov on cd16 normally and a 29 day cycle :) xxx well, not in terms of CD, but in terms of cycle length :)

Popcorn, if you are on CD 6, you can be cycle buddies with Mamma and Jchic, who are also right around there...They have been quiet today - I know Jchic is busy at work. Speaking of which, I better go do some!

Yey! Sounds good! I will make sure to say hi :happydance: xxx

Its pretty neat, every few days or so we have some excitement in here...either someone is o-ing or testing...I think Jchic and mamma are going to be o-ing when Daisy and I will be testing...I love our little thread :hugs:

Eeek! I'm excited to be part of this thread! xxx

Hey Ladies! Feeling optimistic today!

Just hung out with gf for lunch at work and she's just about to have her baby. She told me she had almost no warning signs before she had a pos preg test. Does anyone get ovulation pain? I dont and i've also heard some people feel implantation... i'm CD20 right now and fingers tightly crossed!!! I also feel like i really cant tell the difference with cm and man-goo (love that term one of you came up with!!!). But i have heard of people using primrose oil to improve cm... ? Need to help the swimmers along!

Also - does anyone have an opinion on when to start doing preg test? My cycle is around 30 days long - according to CBFM, ov days were 14 & 15. My periods are not spot-on time or anything (no pun intended).

Girls I am worried...my cervix went from Medium firm this morning to now High and soft...do you think I haven't o'd yet?? I mean my temps and the monitor all say I have but why would my cervix finally decide to go high, its been medium since my first high on the monitor...ahhhh!! Help!

Hey New!

How many days post ovulation are you? I can't remember ... are you charting?

I never noticed ovulation pain before, but I did have some cramping on Sunday night that I think must have been ovulation pain. I've never been pregnant so I don't know about implantation pain, but I've heard there can be cramping.

I too have issues differentiating between CM and man goo. Today is the first day during my fertile period that I didn't use a softcup after BDing and so today I have a lot of SOMETHING coming out. I know it just can't be mine - has to be his - but it's watery and makes me question if I for sure O'ed. The one thing I really do like about the soft cups is that it keeps all the man goo contained (along with some of my stuff) and then after a couple hours I can "dump" it, for lack of a better word, and then I know that anything new that comes out is all mine. Also, and this is TOTALLY TMI - but I find that when I have man goo coming out, I feel very smelly down there. It grosses me out and I feel like other people must be able to smell it too! I think this is my #1 reason for liking the soft cup because I really eliminates the man goo odor!

As for EPO, this is my second cycle taking it and I really did notice more days of fertile CM this month. I started with 3000 mg and then took it down to 2000mg (I was afraid 3000 was too much, even though that's the recommended dosage on the bottle).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->