CBFM Buddy

Girls I am worried...my cervix went from Medium firm this morning to now High and soft...do you think I haven't o'd yet?? I mean my temps and the monitor all say I have but why would my cervix finally decide to go high, its been medium since my first high on the monitor...ahhhh!! Help!

Oh Creative - I really wouldn't worry too much. I don't rely too much on cervical position... I really don't know how reliable it is. The position in particular can vary throughout the day. Are you sure it's soft soft??

I REALLY think you O'ed. If you are uncertain, I guess you can BD again! One more time... it's time to celebrate.. c'mon - (it's a song).

Hi Ladies,

welcome to popcorn :)

I am on cd25 still only getting highs, i try to read my sticks too, but to be honest my sticks look the same now as they did when i was getting lows. i wonder if i am having one of those cycles where you just don't ovulate?..... Kind of regretting stopping the agnus castus as it has clearly made for a long cycle this month. so far we have BD on the last three of my highs (last three day's) - we are both getting worn out LOL, so having a break tonight. I don't think having a break tonight will matter even if we do get a peak tommorow morning we will just have :sex: tommorow evening..

will let you know what my stick says tommorow , fingers crossed it will be a peak..... i am struggling with knowing when i ovulate after the first peak, i don't get cramps and can't temp as i am a restless sleeper.

Dawn

I know they say to check it at the same time each day because it does move, its very soft...my cervix is usually only like that on my 2 peak days, and I was surprised it wasn't this month.

Hmm, not sure Cre8tive. There is a member on this forum (alias is 254) and her little profile description reads "chief cervix checker," which I think is so funny - but maybe you should ask her! Or start a new thread? I'm not a huge cervix checker myself, I often don't remember to check it and when I do, I'm kind of guessing at position.

Hi Dawnlouise! How many total highs have you had so far? I feel like you haven't had that many yet.. ? I think Cre8tive had like 5 before she got a peak? Not sure... I wouldn't stress too much over the many highs, and I think you are totally fine to take a break tonight. From what I've read, Agnus Castus or Vitex is great for regulating long cycles, and it sounds like soy may really help too. Is it ok to do both together? I think you will still get your peak, don't worry. If you want to get really obsessive like me, you can do OPKs (cheap ones from Amazon or Ebay) in the evening to make sure you don't miss the LH surge, but I think it's pretty rare to completely miss it.

OH, and as for being a restless sleeper... what do you mean? That you move around a lot or that you get up a lot during the night or have problems with insomnia?

I'm a pretty restless sleeper myself. I usually get up 1-2 times a night to pee, adjust the room temperature, get a drink of water, etc. And some nights I just can't get back to sleep and I'm up for 1-2 hours watching 3am TV. And look at my temps! Pretty dang steady. I would considering giving temping a try. If you see SUPER erratic temps, then maybe it's not for you. I think the most important thing is taking it at the same time every day. A good strategy is to set an alarm for a little earlier than you would naturally wake up. I set an alarm for 7am. Sometimes I wake up on my own a little before 7 and I'll take it at 6:30 or 6:45, but I really try to fall back asleep and take it at 7.

HI Daisy,

I believe that you can't do agnus castus and soy together. I worry about soy as i have read some people have side effects, not that they are horrensous but bad headaches etc.... guess i don't know enough about it yet. I think if i started using opk's i would just get obsessed LOL - although i love my monitor i do find it stresses me out somethimes (like now!). I have had four highs so far, but in the last four months of using the monitor i have never had a high this late - guess each month i different.

In terms of restless sleeping, i wake about three times a night, needing a wee, too hot, too cold etc, just not able to settle - think it is a pattern i am in. i may get a thermometer and give it a go.

Yeah, I think each month is just different. Four highs is not that many yet.

Watch, you will probably get your peak tomorrow! Just as you were stressing about not getting any highs, and then BAM, you got a high the next day!

hello ladies!

please may i join your thread?

i am new to the site and this is my second cycle using CBFM.

Last cyle was 42 days. no peaks only high cd 13 - cd 26.

got my first high today cd7.

thanking you.... trying toread through some of the posts. you ladies are a font of knowledge. i just thought at first i would pee on a stick, then bd and be preggers!!! oh how time has changed that!!
xxx

Dawnlouise - sorry i might have missed it somewhere but how long have you been using the CBFM... i had lots of highs and no lows, but it's only my first month so apparently 1st it's just getting to know you.... somewhere i think i read it takes about 3 months to be really in sync with you....

DaisyQ - i'm not charting but thinking about starting. I was trying to watch my cervial position a few months back but found it varied so much. Plus my CM.... i don't know. I'm just not sure, at least for, me it seems likes it can be stringy one day, white the next, water the next (sorry TMI) - i just thought i better not watch it - it seems so unreliable...

I'm not sure about my cycle... it has varied since i went off the pill a year ago, from about 28-35 days. It's kinda the reason i liked the sound of CBFM. But this is month 1 with CBFM said high from day 6-13, peak 14 & 15. THen lows.... today is day 20. When should i preg test?

LOL - Happy, i know how you feel. I had no idea it would take a while. I sat with a gf of mine the other day who doesn't know we're TTC and she said to me ".... i just don't know how anyone ever has trouble concieving....." as we watched her three kids bite our ankles. And i thought - wow.... everyone has really different experiences.... not to mention a mild 'i want to punch you in the face'-type feeling..... (totally kidding)....

i wouldnt have been kidding about punching her in the face i would have TOTALLY wanted to!!!!

hee hee :shrug: only human!!

im trying not to get TOO obsessed. I cant temp - i work shifts and on call so its a nightmare,

but trying to use EWCM, OPK and CBFM.

lovely to meet you :thumbup:

Welcome to all the newbies - welcome HappyH! Glad to see you found your way over here.

New & Dawnlouise - I think charting is so helpful, I really do. Tracking CM seems confusing at first and it's not always clear cut as it can sometimes change throughout the day, or you can even have "transitional" CM that is kinda creamy, kinda stretchy - it IS a little confusing. I highly recommend the book, Taking Charge of Your Fertility - there are even pictures of CM! Unless I'm sure what my CM is like, I don't note my CM on my fertility chart. That said, if I'm not sure, but think it *might* be EW or watery, I BD just in case. Cervical position I think is really tricky, at least for me. I mainly check around ovulation time to see if it is getting higher and softer, then lower and firmer.

As for when you should test - if you peaked on CD 14/15, then I would test no earlier than CD 26. It is still WAY too early, only 5 or 6 DPO (days past ovulation). Even better to test on CD 28 or 29.

ladies whats the normal variance for first high day?

i have gone from cd 13 -----cd 7. and thats with a average 42 day cycle.

im really happy to find this thread. i just love POAS and CBFM. i love over analyzing the stick as well!!

xxxx

Happy, I've only used the CBFM 2 cycles so far, but I started getting highs on CD 13 this month, and CD 15 last month (29-30 day cycle).

like always you ladies have been busy today! i always have plenty to read and catch up on when i wake. :coffee:

Welcome newbies. POPcorn! nice to see you on here, i've been with you on other threads! yay! Me, you and jchic are cycle buddies! I'm on cd5 today, you cd6 and jchic is cd7!! Last month i only went from low to peak with no high days. I ov on cd17 last month and i generally have a 28d cycle....

new37~ i HATE when people are so nieve about TTC..i totally wouldn't be joking about punching her in the face also...:haha: I work with a bunch of girls who are always bragging about getting preggo on the first try. grrrr!

Happy~ i work night shift also, so i can't temp. I generally just use the cbfm and cm as a guide also. fx

AF has finally left the building...guess i'll see if i need to poas tomm or not. Last cycle it asked for a test on cd6. Keep you updated!

FX to creative and Daisy....happy tww!:happydance:

Thanks Mamma I missed you! Glad AF has left the building! I O'ed on CD 18 last month, so this month the CBFM didn't ask me for a stick until CD 9...

Love reading everyone's messages!!!

This might be a stupid question but when i get AF (which i hope i won't) if i get it in the night and i POAS at round 7 each morning - i hold down the m button on CBFM in the morning and set as day 1 right? If i get it say Monday at lunchtime - i would hit the m button the NEXT morning right - that would be day 1 or 2?

The instructions say that would be day one, but since I'm charting, I consider first day of AF to be day one, and I want the monitor to be consistent with my chart, otherwise it's way too confusing. So if I get AF in the afternoon or evening, the next day I set the CBFM to day 2.

Welcome newbies. POPcorn! nice to see you on here, i've been with you on other threads! yay! Me, you and jchic are cycle buddies! I'm on cd5 today, you cd6 and jchic is cd7!! Last month i only went from low to peak with no high days. I ov on cd17 last month and i generally have a 28d cycle....

Hi babe! Yey! Back on a thread together! How long have you been using then CBFM?

Best of luck this cycle creative and daisy!

Hi to everyone else! xxx

hey all.

im totally scratching my head today.

My first stick was requested cd7. but i normally have a 42day cycle and after reading everyone elses posts that's not normal!!!

anyhoo im going to pretend its normal - even though its clearly not- and bd every other day just in case.

lots of love and baby dust x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->