CBFM Buddy

Jchic, YAY for your peak! Honestly, by your temps I think you may have already o'ed yesterday, or maybe it's happening today. That dip yesterday says to me that ovulation is impending, and that your temp is back up today looks really good for ovulation today or yesterday. Progesterone takes a while to build up, 1-2 days, so it really could have been yesterday. Could be that you started your LH surge yesterday afternoon, and some people o the same day. Your peak today could be the tail end of surge. Just my thoughts! Are you looking at your sticks at all? I think you are in for a big temp rise tomorrow!

Don't worry too much about stuff falling out. Agree with creative. You've also been dtd everyday, so you definitely have swimmers up there waiting for that big shiny egg!

I hope so!! I always get nervous when stuff falls out. I used to lay down for 30 minutes or more! Then I read that it doesn't help any, etc. So now I lay down for 5-10 minutes, then I get up and pee, etc. I also read that whatever needs to get up there gets there within just a few minutes. My concern is like a minute after dh pulls out (sorry tmi here!) some falls out....I found this online though:
The sperm and the semen do seperate, somewhat. Seman is so thick and slimy to help it stay in there a little better and to give the guys something to swim through. Almost like a lubracant. However, not everyone that "came" for the party makes it through the bouncer at the door. Some of the sperms don't make it through the cervix or starts swimming in the wrong direction. (down and out). That is why there are so many of the little buggers. Of the ones that make it past the cervix, some get lost in the uterous and don't find the tubes before they expire. So, the strongest little guys are the ones that make it to the finish line. There is absolutely no way to keep it from coming out of you after sex. Not moving for 20 minutes or so helps point them in the right direction. However, after they make it past the cervix, they are on their way and laying down doesn't help anymore. I have found that placing a towel under you after sex to catch what may slip out helps keep the bed/couch/table or what ever you were laying on at the time a little cleaner and allows you to use it to make it to the bathroom so you don't end up with a lot on the carpet on the way. My doctor told me that sex everyday may lower the sperm count a little, but not enough to matter. It actually helps to have an active sex life. The more often you have sex, the more often your man produces more sperm and the little guys are more healty. It only takes one really strong one to make it all the way

If its millions that get ejaculated, at least thousands make it to the uterus party I would think, LOL.

Hmm.. I agree that there are millions that get ejaculated, so some of them (hopefully thousands) get to where they need to go without any extra help (lying down, soft cups etc). That being said, there's really not a lot of research out there to support lying down or to say it doesn't help. I think there are a few studies on AI that say that laying down for 15-30 minutes DOES help - the ladies that remained lying down had a higher rate of pregnancy than those who didn't. From the google research I've done, it really sounds like most of the experts encourage you to lie down, with minimal movement for at least 10 minutes, 30 is better, an hour is probably unnecessary. Elevating the pelvis slightly may help, but not too much otherwise semen could pool behind the cervix.

Here's what we do. We BD mostly from behind because of my whole tilted uterus issue. We did try missionary a couple times though too. Then DH stays inside as long as possible and doesn't move too much. Then when he withdraws, we do the "zip lock" method (our terminology) - he uses his hands to kind of squeeze my lady parts together as he is coming out, to keep everything in. Then I lie completely still for at least 10 minutes. After about 10-30 minutes, I flip over and put in my soft cup. I also tried lying on my back for 10 minutes, on each side for 10 minutes! :) This doesn't bother me because I love to lie in bed! Once the soft cup is in, I will also use my finger to kind of poke the plastic from the outside, up against my cervix - I'm basically trying to "splash" my cervix with the semen go get more guys in contact with my cervix.

So bottom line is I don't know if ANY of this helps, as there is zero research out there, but I feel like it can't hurt. In my opinion, I would go back to lying down for at least 10 minutes before getting up. With the soft cup, I'm also reassured that if I HAVE to get up to go to the bathroom, I'm not necessarily going to lose swimmers from where they need to be.

Just my 2 cents!

I agree - I used to lay down for 30-45minutes, but thats just too long now, LOL. So I lay very still for 10-15 minutes, then I get up and go the bathroom. I am definitely trying your "ziplock" method tonight, ha!

How are you feeling today? Your chart looks awesomeeeee

I'm feeling OK. No symptoms really! A little constipated the past few days, and boobs are sore but that can also be a side effect of the progesterone cream (I caved and started using it this cycle). I keep hoping for a strong twinge or some cramps, but if I'm experiencing anything like that it's so slight that I'm not sure if it's real or imagined!

You are prego. I have NO doubt in my mind. Literally, not one doubt!!! I mean, the whole zip lock method is insurance in itself, ha!

I keep "feeling" slight twinges or pains in my bbs but I too am wondering if I really am or if its all in my head :haha:

I agree with Daisy, jchic you've either o'd already or you are going to today! Very nice dip in your chart!!! :D I o'd on my 1st peak this cycle too!

Creative, that's how I feel about ALL my twinges - in my head? I think they are because I'm literally sitting around trying to feeling SOMETHING!

Jchic, I really hope so! My chart looked so good last month and nothing. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much.

My poor husband. The first few months we were trying he seemed kind of detached from it all - like, you are when you are and then I'll be happy. Now he's asking me every day for an accounting of my symptoms! I woke up this morning and his first words to me were, "Well? How's it going? How's the cervical mucus or.. whatever?"

Last night he told me that he's "invested" now too - I can tell he is really hoping this is it!

hahahaa...."How is the mucus or whatever". I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! My husband is the same way. Last night he was like, "listen, are you ready because I need you to push your hips up so I can put this pillow underneath. Dont even breathe so nothing comes out"....TOO funny these guys are

Aaahahahahaha! Jchic, that is too funny!! I love it! So cute!

I love your pic too btw! Did you get married at the shore?

I'm getting my wedding pics finally. I'll put one of those up when the cd arrives!

I did! We got married right on the Long Island sound :)

:rofl: My dh was making fun of me the other day, I was telling him about something I read in the 2ww section and goes "Oh come on! They have a section for that?!" :haha: I said "Well yeah! They have a section for everything on bnb!!" Then I told him all the abreviations for stuff, ewcm, cm, bd, etc. He found it hilarious, and now asks me about stuff he "tries" to get the lingo right but fails miserably!! :rofl:

That's AWESOME! Love it!! I've told my officemate about it too and she is using the terminology now. I come into work and she's like, "hi! How's the bding going?"

hahahaa....I remember when I first logged on, I didnt know any of the abbreviations, I literally had to look almost every single one up!

Cre8tiv - you are testing on Friday or Saturday? What about you Daisy?

Testing on Sunday for sure, maybe Saturday. I think Friday might still be too early, plus if it's + I don't know how I'll get any work done and Friday is a super busy day for me!

I am testing Saturday for sure...maybe breaking out an IC before then...I am itching!! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->