CD 5, 1st round clomid on days 3-7

Omg lolo!!!! So excited for you!!!! I have decided to do the hsg, it's called femvue and is done in the drs office, I'm doing it next month, as well as some more bloodwork and ultrasound. Then the next step will be IUI. I also have dh on fertility blend. Lolo did you do anything special or did it just finally happen? It's been 20 months of trying for us now.

Lanet, after exhausting all avenues thinking there must be something wrong with my body and finding absolutely nothing wrong, I decided to look at DH's SA results again. His numbers were high, and his morphology was a little low (10%) based on strict criteria. This didnt worry me. But somehow I had previously overlooked his poor motility. He had 28% when normal is 55%. I looked online for other couples with this problem. A few different ladies had listed sperm cocktails prescribed by a urologist that had helped them.

I combined some of what I found on those lists, spent about $70 on Puritan'sPride.com and got a few months worth of vitamins for DH. After taking them for about 2 months we finally caught the egg. In case anyone reading this later wants to know what it was I had him taking everyday:

L-Carnitine 2000mg
Acetyl L-Carnitine 1000mg
Zinc 50mg
N-Acetyl Cysteine 600mg
CoQ-10 60mg
Flaxseed 1000mg
Vit C 500mg
Folic Acid 400 mcg
Up&Up brand multivitamin (at Target) 1 tablet

I threw the multivitamin in because I had them and figured they couldnt hurt. They were not on the lists I found. The lists did ask for some expensive mens mutli from GMC though, so I basically just substituted.

I also already had the folic acid, Vit C, and Flaxseed in the med cabinet. These WERE on the lists but I dont want you to think I got these as part of the $70 I spent. In reality you'd spend around $100 if youre starting from scratch. Puritans pride was having a buy one get 3 free sale.

All in all he was taking 12 pills a day. What a trooper :)

I firmly believe that this (and prayer) got us our BFP :)

ps, hope the HSG goes well. I had one, everything was clear, and the procedure was nowhere near the horror I heard people saying.

Also, I woul def do SA before resorting to IUI. IUI was my next step too. At $600 a pop, I'm glad we did vitamins first.

We've had 2 S/As so far, his count was really low in the last one and they ended up sending it off to pathology and charging us $900. I'm scared to have it tested again. I think his count was around 19 when it should be 60-150. He also had high whit blood count and has been on 2 rounds of antibiodics. We haven't retested to see if it helped. The urologist and my dr said we would be good candidates for IUI. I'm hoping the meds and fertility blend will help.

Congrats Lolo!!! I am soo happy for you! i just knew it would happen. so glad i been trying to check in now and then to see how you ladies are doing. Seems we have all been thru so much together, dont know what id of done without you ladies here to talk.

akshustobemom, I had the HSG test as well. i think im the only one in here that said that it was painful. i believe tho the reason it hurt for me was because one side was a bit blocked. the fluid did eventually push thru but it backed up a bit first. possibly why it hurt im not sure. and it only was painful for a few seconds. NOTHING like childbirth haha. i became pregnant 2 months after my HSG test. Actually tested positive the very morning i had an apt with my dr to discuss IUI for my next cycle.

Lanet, I just know its your turn next! Get that hubbys ciount up and youll b good to go.

Becky, How are them gorgeous twin boys of yours doing? i honestly dont know how you do it, my ONE lil man keeps me busy enough. i cant imagine TWO of him. Phew!

As for us, my lil man is growing like a weed! hes seven weeks old and already over 12 lbs. i already had to pack away a good chunk of his 0-3 month clothes because hes just too darn big for them. We went out and bought him 3-6 month jammies and he just barely fits in them.Hes for sure his daddy's "mini me" Looks almost identical to him. i swear all he gets from me are his chubby legs, and heavy sleeping lol. maybe his jabbering too. Im back to work now leaving my hubby to tend to him while im there and even tho i knew hed be a great daddy.. he has truly amazed me so far. The two of them hang out at night and so far ( knock on wood) they are having some great bonding time together with no problems. yay for daddy :happydance:

I'm really so happy for all of you:) this post really gives me hope after seeing you all struggle and now have your babies:) lolo how are things going?

just fine for now :) I have a scan scheduled for 9/7, can't wait! My only symptom right now is sore boobs. Ive had a few bouts of nausea but they were fleeting. :)

Congrats to you!!! Such exciting news!!! Happy and health 9 months!!! :)

Lolo, how are you? I am ordering the sperm cocktail you recommended right now as I type. I also have an hsg next thursday morning. And I have have been praying my heart out. Wish me luck girls!

Hi Lanet, I've had spotting off and on, had a couple ultrasounds and they told me the baby looked fine, but I just have this nagging feeling that it isnt going to end well. All I can do is wait and its torture.

Good luck I hope the vits work as well for you as they did for us :)

I'm sure you're worried but I also know sometimes that happens and everything ends up ok. I'll be praying for you!

Had my hsg today! Have hubby started on the vitamins lolo recommended (12!) and have a romantic weekend away planned for our anniversary which happens to be around O time. Prayers girls! Oh and the hsg revealed that I have a very well equipped baby making machine in there :)

Awesome news lanet! So glad your appointment went well. :) a romantic weekend sounds amazing. Have a great time!

How are you doing Lindsay? I see your at 19 months ttc? Have you done hsg? I can't remember if you've said.

I'm doing pretty good. Yes, hard to believe but we're at 19 months now. I haven't had an hsg done yet. I finally got into an RE in May and he took me off the medicine my obgyn had me on for insulin resistance and had me come back 6 weeks later for tests. He was doubting I was IR because I'm not overweight but the results came back that I'm severely IR. It was causing my lack of ovulation and apparently has been for years. He put me on 2different IR meds to see if that would get me ovulating again and if I did start ovulating, he wanted to give us 3 cycles to try before starting further testing. Lo and behold, 2weeks after starting the meds, I ovulated. Our timing wasnt good because I wasn't expecting it to work so quickly so I ended up with a bfn. But, I just ovulated again 2days ago and we were ready this time so I have my fingers crossed this will be our month! We just about have our house completely remodeled and I'm loving my new teaching position so I'm hoping the baby thing will just fall into place now. :)

Oh that sounds like great news! At least something is happening! That's great! We are at 21 months now and I just did the hsg, we are giving it (and the vitamins) until January to do the trick and then moving on to IUI. This is getting expensive! And we still have to pay out of pocket for a pregnancy. Yikes!

Yeah, I'm super excited that something is finally happening and we actually have a shot at catching an eggy! I hear ya on the expensive part. My insurance doesn't cover anything fertility related, but it will cover everything with pregnancy and delivery. You don't have any maternity coverage?? That would be awful. I have my fingers crossed that hopefully neither of us will have to pay for IUI's because we'll get those beautiful bfp's before then. :) I would love to get pregnant this cycle because it would put my due date right at the start of next summer so I would have the summer off to be home. But, as I'm sure you understand, I'll take that BFP whenever it decides to come!! :) Keep me posted on how things are going.

We only have private insurance, so it won't cover anything fertility or pregnancy related. But it would pick up an emergency C-section or complication so that's good. I feel excited for this month too after the hsg, I bought some digital opks so I can time it just right and I hope we both get those two lines in time to share the news with family during the holidays. Lots of prayers! We are next!

Good luck ladies. Lanet, I suggest getting a large weekly pill divider to help hubby out. Then you fill it up for him weekly ( this also helps to make sure he's taking them, lol ) there was more than once when I looked at the divider and had to say "hey, you haven't taken your pills today!"

I did get one and filled it for him lol! But either he caught a stomach bug or they made him sick bc he is puking :( so I'm giving him the day off

Lol, I worried about hurting him with all those vitamins too but he did fine :) hope he feels better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->