Cd 7 need some buddies please

I'm from the country and the first sign of snow they would close the schools so the kids who lived on farms could get home before roads became impassable.

I remember sitting in RE and trying as a class to harness the power of prayer to accelerate the few solitary snowflakes that were appearing at the window into enough of a storm that we'd all get a snowday!

Did you go to Catholic school? lol

We don't do RE here in any public school.

No I went to a non-demoninational state school, we didn't really have any religion on the curriculum, just one class a week which explained about the big 4 religions, I think, I can't really remember as I must have dosed through most of it.

No I guess not, oh and we got Darwin's Theory of Evolution as well, I'm a big gobsmacked that it can't be taught in American schools - or is that only in the South?

In the UK the schools teach RE till the pupils are about 13 years old then they can choose to study it as an option I think one class a week teaching about all the religions not just Christianity. DH went to a non denomination school.

I went to a Catholic school as we had RE twice a week and all we learnt was catholicism and Friday we had mass as well.

Exactly what Macwooly said, RE was compulsory, I don't think at that age with the teenage hormones running amok someone droning on about the difference between the Torah and the Koran was all that riveting LOL in both cases bacon sandwiches are verboten so there was no risk of any of us converting!

DD did not learn about Darwin in school.

Her sex ed class literally went like this...'don't have sex, your grandmother will cry.'

DD said' my grandmother's dead!' lol

In my daughters school r.e is compulsory until they are 16,they have to do it for gcse,she finds it easy as she has been attending church and Sunday school since she was a baby ,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I learned about evolution in school....and it was taught in schools in AZ....Is this a new thing?

Fairly new, yes...I could site the court cases, but no one but me ever finds that stuff interesting, lol.

I saw a documentary about the banning of teaching Darwinism, but I can't remember what state it was.

I had to go to church until I was 13, as did my brothers, my mum still attends church.https://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2002/feb/24/usa.schools

Teaching teenagers abstinence, yeah that's going to work NOT.

I was forced to go to Sunday school and hated it ,I used to spend my collection on sweets and sit on the swing in the park for an hour ,my mum never found out,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:She wud have killed me ,

Teaching teenagers abstinence, yeah that's going to work NOT.

Well that's all the catholic school taught and 50% of the girls were pregnant by the age of 16 years old :dohh:

Didn't help that sex ed was about the birds, bees and bunnies but not humans :dohh:

Tell a teenager not to do it and they will :haha:

I'm wracking my brains trying to remember, there was a science teacher suspended for teaching evolution, and some of the parents were campaigning to reinstate him.

In my sex ed class they showed a video of conception, and then another video of a woman in labor having a baby.....that was enough for me...

Anyone remember making things up for Wednesday confession? lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->