CD 8 and starting SMEP today - Anyone else?

SilverWillow

1 girl, cooking #2
Reaction score
Hi there, this is my first month trying for number 2 and the Sperm Meets Egg Plan worked for me last time (with pre-seed) so I am starting as I mean to go on this time and doing it from the first month!
Anyone else around cycle day 8 want to share experiences? :flower:

Hey! I am on CD7 and I have been looking into SMEP. It seems pretty thorough :) I need to look at the breakdown again. I would love share my experience!

Hey! I am on CD7 and I have been looking into SMEP. It seems pretty thorough :) I need to look at the breakdown again. I would love share my experience!

Well I have read lots of good reports about it and like I say it worked for me last time so I would definitely recommend giving it a try :thumbup:

I have read some that say start on day 8 and some say day 10 so I am going with day 8, the only thing is last time I had no positive opks so I had to guess OV day from timings, but it still worked!

Hi I'm behind you as only cd2 but also planning to try SMEP for the first time! Fx for us all!!

We're going to try SMEP this month! The only problem is that sometimes my AF can hang around until CD 8 or 9 - usually just spotting though. So maybe we'll just start as soon as AF/spotting finishes :)

I'm CD6 today of cycle 7 TTC No2. I'm getting slightly impatient now to say the least... I am going back to basics with the SMEP this month. I tried Soy Isoflavones for the past two cycles which proved to be successful in shortening my cycles but still no BFP. Just ordered my OPK's and HPT's off ebay so I'm all set to go in a couple of days :) GL ladies!

Hi Nimbec, keep us posted how it goes!
Ginny, I think it is fine to start it on day 10, I think the early ones are just to keep spermys fresh so you could always use another method!
Sooz, glad it worked shortening your cycles, I think a 46 day cycle would send me crazy!

I recommend Pre-seed too, that definitely helped us last time as things were a bit dry down there! :haha:

I've tried pre-seed a couple of times throughout TTC and have some here so use it if needed :) the 46 day cycle did me in, lol Hence why I had to do something to try and change it. I have had bloods done to test for various things and all came back fine. It's just a waiting game now!

I'm cd 7 and AF is still lingering. I would of thought that with me having such a short cycle I might of had a shorter AF but nope it's actually longer. The OH isn't impressed with the lack of action lol Hopefully will get my OPK's in the post tomorrow, going to start testing asap, well as soon as AF goes away, as I don't know what length cycle to expect this month, I could still be here peeing on a stick in 40 days time :\

GL all hope there's some BFP action on this thread!

I've tried Preseed as well but I only use a tiny bit - do you think I should try more this cycle?

I'm CD 6 today. I am gonna try SMEP, but without hubby necessarily knowing. I'll tell him when I get my pos OPK (assuming I get it), but I know he would probably get stressed if we have to make "scheduled" sex. My cycles are irregular, with my last one being 34 days, so I probably won't start the every other day until day 12ish, because last month we were getting worn out by the time OV came around. Good luck girls!

Hello ladies, hope you don't mind me joining your thread! I am cd7 of my 5th cycle TTC, and thinking of trying the SMEP this month after reading how successful some ladies have found it to be! I really don't want to stress myself out though, so just wondered how everyone else is doing!? Wishing everyone lots of luck this cycle! xx

Hi Girls!

I am tempted to try SMEP this cycle too but I have a longer cycle, ovulating around CD 19, when should I start, CD 13?

Thank you and baby dust :)

x

Laubull i don't 0 untill CD17/18 but have read it wont harm to start early the plan states to carry on every other day until cd35 if no O (blimey i'd be shattered!!) Personally I'm going to start properly on CD 8 and assume i'll 0 cd18 otherwize i'll end up bding to many days in a row....

I guess you could start a couple of days later as if you were to 0 cd14 you would have only bd 4 times so theoretically you could start CD11 or even 13 but maybe a little risky as you could o early....

Poor OH its going to be a busy month LOL!!!

Mslc i think it will be fine unless your DH doesn't like BD on demand....I've chatted to mine and he's happy to give it a go! at least for this month LOL he's very understanding of me when i 'demand' that its a fertile day bless him. Sometimes I think we forget that we put a fair bit of pressure on them !

I mentioned it to him the other evening, quite light heartedly, and he is keen to give it a try. I don't really like the thought of BD on a schedule, but if it helps us to get a BFP then needs must! Will just have to think of ways to keep it fun!

Laubull my cycles have been pretty irregular since coming off the pill, so I am just intending to start early and use OPK's to make sure I don't miss O.

aubull

Thanks girlies, I think you're right, every other day from CD8 until I've ovulated.

I am sure DH will cope with that, although I agree need ideas to keep it fun, I didn't want routine TTC BDing but it seems to happen......I just want a sticky baby!

Perhaps I just won't tell him about SMEP, I'll just seduce him ;-)

x

haha good idea Laubull he'll think his luck is in!!

I think my husband secretly loves all the extra "action" and to be honest he probably wouldn't remember the details of when we need to BD if I asked him. Our men will just think we fancy them a bit extra this month!

Hope everyone is having a good day so far? x

Well tomorrow I'll be CD8 - but don't know if we'll be able to start. AF is dragging her heels and I still have a very light flow. Tomorrow it'll probably be spotting, but I still find that a bit icky - so will have to wait until CD9 to start!

Already bending the rules and I haven't even started haha

Well i have the opposite problem flow has stopped CD4 and DH wants to start today!!!!! So should i do it today - to kim him happy then wait till cd8 or bd CD6 too???? oh god who would have thougght it would be sooooo complicated lol lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->