CD 8 and starting SMEP today - Anyone else?

ginny83 we are on the same cycle day :thumbup: - we will know what each other will be "doing" as each day passes haha!! I'm hoping my OPK's turn up tomorrow as I don't have any in the house at the moment! If not, I'm sure I could just start with them a day late?!

nimbec, my hubby is exactly the same! He wanted to start last night - and probably thinks we will be tonight. I feel the same as you, but I'm going to try and hold off until tomorrow...that's the plan anyway!!

Hey ladies, just thought I'd drop by to see how everyone is doing!? xx

Hi everyone,
Well things have not quite gone according to plan thanks to work! So far we have managed to BD on CD 8 and 11, now hubby is at work and won't be back until tomorrow night (CD 14) in the evening. :(
Is anyone else trying for 2nd or more baby and finding it much more difficult than the first? First time SMEP was easy but this time not so much, the other day I got in from work and LO was asleep so I dragged him upstairs :haha: just as we were about to DTD a really noisy low aeroplane shot over and woke her up!! :dohh:

hi all! Well we started SMEP CD6 so CD8 today let the fun commence lol! I really wish we could just speed up time!!!

How's everyone getting on?

I'm CD8 today so planning to start tonight, DH is happy with every other night, lol! Going to keep on until I ovulate which seems to be around CD19.

Fingers crossed for us all :)

X

Laubull same here ;) Its a long wait to 0.... I usually 0 CD17/18 - keep in touch!

Yes Nimbec it's such a long wait, but we'll just have to try and enjoy ourselves ;-)

At least with a shorter luteal phase we have a shorter wait once we've ovulated. I'm going to try and not test until AF is due....unless I have some strong symptoms, I'll probably imagine so though, doh!

Oh join the 2013 baby train thread, you WILL have a 2013 baby, we both will!

X

I'm on CD11 and so far I've bd the last 2 nights... I know to keep with SMEP we should be doing it every second night, but I think if DF is keen we might do it again tonight! For the months that I've been charting I've O'd between CD13 and 16.

We're both agree though to bd for 3 nights in a row once I get a positive OPK - It have a feeling this is the most important bit anyway :)

Sounds like everyone is more or less sticking to the plan, but it is so difficult to follow it to the letter, I am waiting for DH to get home from work tonight and he's getting jumped on :haha: I haven't seen him since Thursday which isn't helping things!

Ginny I think it is important to do it every other night so that you don't use up all the :spermy: so you might have to wear an unsexy nighty or something tonight :rofl: wait til you get the positive OPK before you do 3 nights in a row! :winkwink:

Hi all!

Ginny I did it everyday last cycle (more or less) but i think it may have affected the spermies as there was not much once we were doing it all the time. He has a normal count...so we are doing everyother untill pos opk then the 3 in a row - hope this helps!

Laubull i can't find the thread :( could you post the link please?

Well we didn't end up doing anything tonight! I had to stay up late to do a bit of research for my uni work and DF is fast asleep - haha guess it worked out well after all!

Well we didn't end up doing anything tonight! I had to stay up late to do a bit of research for my uni work and DF is fast asleep - haha guess it worked out well after all!

Oh good, asleep and letting the :spermy: multiply lol!

It is funny most of us are struggling to do it often enough and you are struggling not to do it too much! :wacko:

Hubby has just got home and we are both knackered so we'll see how it goes!

Well I'm so glad we didn't do it last night! I got a smiley face on my OPK today. It's my first time using them and funny enough I also did an IC and thought it was close but negative!

So now we're onto 3 days in a row!

Morning :coffee:

Great news Ginny, have a fun 3 days and good luck :thumbup:

I have never had a positive OPK so last time we just guessed the 3 days and must have got it right, I'd be so excited if I got a positive! I think I must be getting close because I'm getting lots of EWCM (sorry tmi) but I sometimes get this for a whole week in the middle so it's a bit of guesswork really.

We did manage to DTD last night even though we were both knackered so we are back on schedule! :happydance:

Good luck girls!

Well we've started as we mean to go on, BDing CD8 (last night) but as I don't OPK, only chart, I'll go for 2 or 3 days in a row when I start to get EWCM, I think....

Trying to be more realistic this cycle and enjoy it too, but.....it just seems everyone is pregnant :-( I think I am going to have to throw myself into exercise, or something that will distract my constant baby thoughts!

x

Morning! Me to Laubull started on cd6 but did last night too we will do everyother now untill pos opk! Just a word of warning on the exercise front.....my gynae has banned me from any high impact exeercise ie running, riding, cycling etc i'm allowd to swim (i'm not overweight) but he thinks the stress is not good for my body and since i've stopped my body is behaving much better!

I know how you feel though i desperately need a distraction!!!! any ideas?? I bay see if i can find a good book to read - i don't normally read so could be something different.

Good luck girls!

Well we've started as we mean to go on, BDing CD8 (last night) but as I don't OPK, only chart, I'll go for 2 or 3 days in a row when I start to get EWCM, I think....

Trying to be more realistic this cycle and enjoy it too, but.....it just seems everyone is pregnant :-( I think I am going to have to throw myself into exercise, or something that will distract my constant baby thoughts!

x

Good luck Laubull :thumbup: Go for 3 days in a row if you can :winkwink:

Have you girls tried Preseed? It is great stuff I'm sure it helped last time, got preg the first month we used it. I would definitely recommend it!

I know how you feel though i desperately need a distraction!!!! any ideas?? I bay see if i can find a good book to read - i don't normally read so could be something different.

For me the distraction is always cleaning, sorting out the house or decorating. Sounds boring to some I expect but always works for me! Other than that I have no ideas :nope:

Silverwillow i'm using preseed this cycle i have used it for the past 2 but only in very tiny amounts. This month i plan to use the 2ml level i think and see but i'm worried that the sperm will run out of me......how much did you use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->