CD 8 -OPK Test Confused when to take another?

Summer87

Mommy to cute lil boy
Reaction score
photo (2).JPG

CD 8. First time TTC and first time using ovulation test. I know that this is not a positive but it is close? When should I take another test? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. :)

Thank you.

If the right side is the test side, then yes that is negative, but fairly dark. You're supposed to test 2x a day and most people test in the early afternoon and then later in the evening (say 2 pm and 10 pm). I just test whenever my urine is concentrated and if it's concentrated a lot one day then I end up using a lot of tests lol.. I just can't let "good pee" go to waste lol.

I attached the chart from peeonastick.com showing when to start testing with opks, but since you've already started testing, you probably don't need it. I'm irregular, so I pretty much test every day except when bleeding.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-02-23 at 7.49.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-02-23 at 7.49.04 PM.png
    25.1 KB · Views: 4
Thanks L.E. my cycles are irregular as well. My husband deploys overseas for work tomorrow night and he is gone for a few months. I am hoping that the test is darker tomorrow so we have a chance at conceiving this month.

I took a second OPK test last night (11pm) about 6 hours after the first test. It seems darker to me. Is it possible to get a positive CD8/9? Or is it possible to get a dark line for long periods of time? The test line is at the top.
Test2.JPG

It looks positive...baby dance just incase, sperm can live inside of you for a few days. So even if it's not positive you may still have a chance.. Good luck!

I went and bought a different brand of OPK as I thought the ones I bought (from pharmacy their generic brand) were wrong. The new kind I have is First Response, and i took one test around 2pm today, and the test line was very light. At the store I cold only find kits that had 7 tests for about $40 CAD. I think i might order a bulk pack online, and start using the tests more frequently.

I went and bought a different brand of OPK as I thought the ones I bought (from pharmacy their generic brand) were wrong. The new kind I have is First Response, and i took one test around 2pm today, and the test line was very light. At the store I cold only find kits that had 7 tests for about $40 CAD. I think i might order a bulk pack online, and start using the tests more frequently.

I personally take the blue Wondfo test and in order them from amazon for about 5 bucks.. They work goo for me I have no complaints. So you can try them out.

I bought a different type of OPK First response, to check to make sure I didn`t get a bad batch of OPK, and tested it when I got home (Test3) and it was a negative. A few hours later we tried the original brand again to see if i would get a close to positive again, and it looks negative. So was my LH surge during the 2nd test? Just seems weird that this is my first month of TTC, first time using OPK, and my first test is close to a positive? Just my luck or wishful thinking? :thumbup:

Also a little spotting today, very light.

Test 1 CD 8 5PM Pharmacy brand
Test 2 CD 8 11PM Pharmacy brand
Test 3 CD 9 2pm First Response Brand
Test 4 CD 9 7pm Pharmacy Brand

4 tests.JPG

I bought a different type of OPK First response, to check to make sure I didn`t get a bad batch of OPK, and tested it when I got home (Test3) and it was a negative. A few hours later we tried the original brand again to see if i would get a close to positive again, and it looks negative. So was my LH surge during the 2nd test? Just seems weird that this is my first month of TTC, first time using OPK, and my first test is close to a positive? Just my luck or wishful thinking? :thumbup:

View attachment 344716
Spotting is a sign of implantation blessing. Do you usually spot in between period?

View attachment 344716

Bleeding.. Sorry

I never noticed that I have ever spotted after my period ended. Not that I can recall anyways. I am new to all of this, so much to learn. When does implantation occur?

I never noticed that I have ever spotted after my period ended. Not that I can recall anyways. I am new to all of this, so much to learn. When does implantation occur?

Like a week after ovulation... Unless you O'd earlier than you think.

Unless its left over from your cycle.. That maybe be a strong possibility.

Thats what I am starting to think as well. But my period stopped about 4 days ago.

it seems like you had a surge (first 2 tests) and the day after they turned negative.. meaning impending ovulation.. I doubt it would be implantation bleeding.. even if you had ovulated early your opk still wouldn't show up that dark (assuming it'd be darker because of hcg levels). Good luck! hopefully you'll get a positive hpt soon!

Thats what I am starting to think as well. But my period stopped about 4 days ago.

Hopefully you'll get your BFP this month.. And the other woman was correct, if you had a surge then the test will start to get lighter as the days pass.... So perhaps the pos opk you took was really a pos..

View attachment 344716
I know I'm late, but I think CD8 was your surge and Cd9 was ovulation bleeding.

I think so as well, I have been taking OPK ever since then, and I think I had a second serge on CD 10, then all negatives the last 3 days. Fngers Crossed! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->