CD-How do you dry them?

txrangersfan

Reaction score
How do you prefer to dry your CD?

Hanging-indoors
Hanging-outdoors
Dryer

I know it's good to sun them, but does drying them outside with every wash wear them out?

Probably drying outside would be better than putting in the dryer every wash.

That being said, I use the dryer every time. I'm in the US though, we use dryers a lot more here, I have learned (on this board!).

ETA: I use all natural fiber stuff, all cotton actually. Mostly flats and a few AIO. I dry the covers too, and the wet bags. I tried hang drying covers, they didn't dry very fast at all. We really have to battle the humidity here.

I couldn't imagine the time it would take to hang dry them all. But I work full time. Just getting the diapers washed and dried in the dryer is an accomplishment.

Having chosen to use cloth for environmental reasons i try not to use the drier! When it's rainy and i have washing coming out the wazoo (which admittedly is quite often atm) i use it, but largely i dry on an indoor airer then outside when it's nice.

In winter I tend to give them 20 minutes in the dryer on low heat then hang them on airers. The dryer softens them a bit and makes them warm so they dry quicker when I take them out. In summer I hang them outside with an occasional quick tumble if they need softening. Tumbling will age them much faster though - materials like bamboo really don't like it even on cool. Even one short blast in the dryer will stop OBV being silky and you can't get that back.

If I ever needed things drying quickly, I'd put them in the dryer with wool dryer balls to speed up the drying.

Obviously covers never need tumbling as they'll air dry in a couple of hours while inserts tumble. I never tumble AIOs either.

I prefer to hang them to dry outside. If I have plenty of clean diapers & its rainy or cloudy, I'll hang them inside. Last resort is the dryer, on low.

I hang mine inside, I have a little drying rack. I'm hoping it will extend their lives a bit :)

Thanks everyone! Do you guys know if drying outdoor a majority of the time wears them out early? Indoors would be easy so maybe I'll alternate.
How often do you guys sun them?

No, drying outdoors won't be any different to drying indoors unless the sun is reaching extreme temps! If you hang them in direct sunlight I suppose you may find some colours fade a bit if you leave them for ages but that won't affect how the nappies work.

Little and often works best for sunning - if you dry them in the natural light every time you wash, they'll stay whiter than if you only do it once a week.

Tumble drying will definitely shorten the life of nappies.

No, drying outdoors won't be any different to drying indoors unless the sun is reaching extreme temps! If you hang them in direct sunlight I suppose you may find some colours fade a bit if you leave them for ages but that won't affect how the nappies work.

Little and often works best for sunning - if you dry them in the natural light every time you wash, they'll stay whiter than if you only do it once a week.

Tumble drying will definitely shorten the life of nappies.

Thanks!

I air dry everything, always. Inside in wet weather, and outdoors in dry weather.

I've got three different brand of cloth diapers (Glow Bug, Alva and Diaper Rite) and all of them have care tags that specify using the dryer on low. I do plan to put them out in the sun when I can, but I live in an area that is usually rainy in the summer. I do have a rack that I can use to hang them indoors, but it would take ages to dry that way. I usually throw them on the rack for an initial dry, then put them all in the dryer to finish up.

I try to hang them out on the line whenever i can, but if i cant i have a lakeland heated airer that i throw them on inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->