Cd2, first round of clomid, anyone with me?

I feel so silly about being upset. I am being so ungrateful, even though it wasn't the outcome that we were looking for with clomid I should still just be happy that I have my mature egg, some people never get that and here I am complaining :dohh:

It's okay! 1 - the drugs do funny things to us ;) & 2 - you were hoping for much more so it's only normal to feel upset! My fingers are crossed for you!!

Don't be upset :hugs:
I know it is normal to feel that way but one healthy egg means your chances are good this month :thumbup:

I am here getting impatient to "O". :haha:
I am worried that clomid might delay my ovulation. Anyways I will start opk from tomorrow.

How you feel cm wise ? Do you think clomid has any impact on your cm ? Is it same as other cycle or different ?

I have started drinking grapefruit juice to help with cm from yesterday.

Hello everyone!

Can I join in? I took my first Clomid 50g on CD2 about an hour ago!
Scarry and exciting....
My u/s will be on cd10 as my ob/gyn wants to check there is not too many eggs because of multiples risks.

I will also drink grapefruit juice to boost cm...
Fingers crossed for us all!

Welcome joy!
Hope we all clomid buddies get BFP this cycle. :)

Good that your obgyn wants to monitor you. Mine mentioned about the chance of twins and triplets (scary). She will monitor me if I go for IUI.

Are you all going for cd21/7dpo progesterone test ? My obgyn didn't mentioned about that either.

Welcome Joy! Will you be doing a trigger?

The risk of multiples usually comes with the trigger. With Clomid alone the chances of twins are 8-10% and triplets are pretty rare. The body will still release the most mature egg like it normally does, there is just a higher chance on clomid that two or more eggs will be so close in maturity that they both get out before the body signals to stop releasing eggs as one is already released. On the other hand the trigger forces all mature eggs to release which is where a larger increase in the chance of multiples comes in.

As for CM I have been much dryer than usual. I went and got some pre-seed today. Stood in the middle of walmart and quite loudly said $20 for lube! :haha: I can't believe that, swear they rip off ladies that want to get pregnant, we will buy anything even if it is stupid expensive. Doc has instructed BD'ing tonight, saturday, and Monday. Much more relaxed than our normal BD'ing schedule :haha: I won't be doing any progesterone testing, I don't think he is testing because my LP runs 12-14 days which usually means progesterone levels are okay :shrug: But he told me yesterday to call at the end of my cycle whether it be pregnancy or AF so that is the next time I will see doc.

I also bought pre-seed last weekend. That is one costly lube.

We are also planning to BD every other day and then the days of +opk.
My obgyn told me to bd every other day and when the opk is positive. I am quite sure I am not close to fertile window yet. So any:sex: now won't result in a baby.

todmommy good luck catching that egg or eggs :haha:

Thank you todmommy for this explanation on the risks of multiples!
I won't have any trigger shot for now, just clomid.

After hours of research on the internet, this is my action plan for this (hopefully successful) cycle :

cd2-cd6 : Clomid (today is cd4)
cd7-cd14 : grapefruit juice (1-2 glasses/day) for good ewcm
dpo6-10 : light antispasmodic, I suffer regular cramps from ibs, and I read that antispasmodic can also help in the egg implantation and is often prescribed after ivf
dpo11 (hopefully on Saturday 23rd) : testing day
I will also continue to drink mint tea every day.

What about you girls? What cd are you?

Loads of good wishes to us all!

Great plan joy :thumbup:
I have never heard about antispasmodic. I get cramps too a week before AF. I should research about antispasmodic too.

I am on cd13. Finally started to get ewcm from this morning.

How is everyone doing ?

Ladies I have an awkward question to ask.
Does having sex before doing opk can impact test result ? I mean does semen in urine after sex or pre-seed can impact opk result ?

I am 99.99% sure that having sex before taking an opk won't affect the results, I probably peed on 700 opks for the past 18 months and it really only turned positive when I actually had the lh surge.

I guess if there is too much semen in the cup and not enough urine, the test line won't be showing as it should.

Is your opk positive today? If so this is awesome, Clomid seems to be working wonders!.. I hope it works for me too, cd 5 today...

Thank you joy :)
Then little pre-seed there won't affect the opk result right along with semen ?:haha:

No, I haven't got +opk yet. I will test today in the afternoon.
Day before yesterday there was an extremely faint test line (barely there) on opk and I had no cm. Then yesterday I started to get ewcm and test line on opk was clearly visible. May be one shade lighter than the control line.

I think today it will be close to positive and tomorrow it will be positive. Let's see.

I hope clomid work for all of us.
How are you doing ?

We BDed and then I did an opk with four hour hold and it is positive. Yay:thumbup:.

When should we BD again ?

Yay for positive OPK!!!! I always thought every day from the positive OPK but my doc has advised us that every other day is best so that is what we are sticking to. Or trying to, we got a little carried away this morning :blush: :haha:

Happy 4th all! If you are American buddies :haha:

I am thinking about throwing my chart to the wind. It is so weird and with the trigger I know I already O'ed :shrug:

Happy July 4th ladies!

todmommy you were triggered on cd12. You must have already ovulated. Don't know what's up with your chart though :shrug:

Did you feel any pain around the time you expected to ovulate ? I don't feel anything major so far. I have heard ladies say they get to feel ovulation when on clomid. I am worried whether clomid is working it's magic or not!

Hi Ladies!!!:wave:

I took clomid from cd2-6 & have been experiencing cramps over the last 4 days. Well, today I got the solid smiley face on the OPK so my IUI will happen tomorrow morning! :happydance::happydance:

Alright Ladies!! Question - since this is my first month with Clomid I'm curious what you all think...

I was given the following schedule:
CD 1-4 nothing
CD 5 - 9 Clomid
CD 10 - 14 Nothing
CD 15 - 25 BD every other day
CD 26 - 33 Progesterone ....

SO! I took my OPK this morning CD 13 and I got a smiley face which is earlier than predicted by my Dr... I am going to start BD today... but do I move the Progesterone up to CD 23 instead? I have a VM into my Dr but was curious what you ladies think...

Fairyy I had ovulation pain. That is normal for me though even when not on clomid so I wasn't too surprised, I did use a heating pad this month though and usually it is not severe enough to warrant any interventions. It only lasts a couple hours, you can do it! :haha: How have things been going?

Joy how are things for you?

Welcome piper! :wave: That is so exciting!!

I got my temp rise today finally! I did a manual override on my chart though and put my O day on cd14 since I had O pains the evening of cd13 I thought that seemed to be the most accurate. I know someone else who had confirmed ovulation by ultrasound and didn't get a temp rise until 4 days later so definitely possible. I am glad I got my rise though so now I don't feel like we have to keep BD'ing haha. I have been testing out my trigger and it is getting pretty light. I am going to do a test with FMU tomorrow to see where it's at and then planning to do my first "real" test on Saturday morning :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->