Cd2 - Looking for a TTC buddy x

Hello, I am close in cd's to you, I am on cd 6. Are you on Clomid this month? I just started taking 100mg of Clomid on cd 4-8 and this is my first cycle.

:hi:

Hiya, I am CD4 today...
I'm taking my Clomid cd3-cd7 this cycle.. also on 100mg :thumbup:

Is it your 1st ever cycle on clomid or just first on 100mg, have you had any side effects? I'm lucky that apart from the odd mood swing all I get is hot flushes which aren't too bad xx

:dust:

This is my first cycle ever with Clomid, mood swings and being emotional have got me this cycle (my poor DH). I have not had any hot flashes, but hear that's common as well. How long have you been ttc and how long have you been on Clomid???

This is my first cycle ever with Clomid, mood swings and being emotional have got me this cycle (my poor DH). I have not had any hot flashes, but hear that's common as well. How long have you been ttc and how long have you been on Clomid???

:hi: This is my 5th month on Clomid, I've done 3 on 50mg and this is my 2nd 100mg cycle... We've been TTC officially since Jan 2009 but before that we were 'not trying, not preventing' for just over two years so we've been waiting over 4 years ... :cry:

I had a bit of a mental moment at work this morning but been calm other than that :thumbup: I take my clomid at night, not long before bed and then find that I'm ROASTING in bed.... I'm not sure if my side effects would be worse if I took them during the day...

How long have you been TTC? xx

I take mine at 6:00pm but don't go to bed until about midnight or so. My next cycle (hopefully not needed though, fx'd) I think would be best taken right before bed. Generally I am a calm, rational and logical person but since I started Clomid, I have been crying all the time and for no reason.... like really.... no reason at all :shrug:. I also have been flying off the handle to my DH. He will say something to me and I (picture a dragon....) turn around and say what did you mean by that??? It's funny to me after, but my poor DH is afraid to talk to me..... I am terrified to see what happens to me when I finally get a BFP.

We have been offically trying since February however we were practising NTNP for 4 years since I knew I had a problem with infertility (which developed after my daughter was born 16 years ago). We also did all the tests and prep work last year so once we were married (Jan 11, 2011) we could start right away.

Do you generally Ov the same time each month??? I am getting nervous, I keep counting the days and get a little paniced because I want to make sure I don't miss our chance.....

***I think I will change my mood to CHATTY!!!

LOL on my first cycle we were cooking dinner, I had poured myself a drink & OH picked it up to carry it to the table for me..... I ROARED 'That's MY drink!' hahaha like he was stealing it from me?!?! So funny, OH just stood there gobsmacked! For a split second I was really cross that he's steal my drink! haha

Since I've been on clomid I'd ovulated between cd13 and cd19....most cycles have been cd17-19 though... Without the clomid my cycles were anywhere from 21 to 41 days long. :shrug:

OH jokes that if I am this bad on clomid then god knows how mental I will be with pregnancy hormones racing around my body :winkwink:

My friend suggested that I take the clomid right before bed so that I'm asleep when they are at their strongest... apart from being ridiculously hot I think it's helped..

Are you using OPKs? xx

lol, yes, I can see how you thought he stole your drink.... at night time I would have reacted the same way!!!

I have been monitoring my moods and I am fine and happy all day until I take my pill then I am this crazy person until I fall asleep... so I guess thats good, at least I now know it's Clomid and not me turning into a miserable person :thumbup:

I am not currently using OPK`s, I was debating it though. 2 reasons why I am not is I did not O'v before using Clomid so I am not sure I will using Clomid. Also, I am being monitored by my FS and have an internal US booked for Monday. I will also see them every day or every other day until I O'v. So I am sure they will let me know when a good time is...... but because this is my first cycle, I am nervous that I might o'v early and miss it...... however, Monday is only 2 days away and I have zero symptoms that will happen.

Are you on Clomid for PCOS??? And do you know why your having a hard time ttc???

LOL it was bonkers coz why on earth would he steal mine? He had his own! hahaha :wacko:

Ah right right, I'm not getting monitored at all by my FS :dohh: So I'm doing OPKs religiously, I've had positive opks every month so def a good sign :thumbup ... Seeing as yours are monitoring follicle growth etc then yep am sure they'll tell you the right time to 'do the deed' :winkwink:

Yep I am on Clomid due to PCOS...

We tried on our own from Jan 09 til Dec 09 (after years of NTNP) when we went to Doctors, he referred us to FS Feb 2010... who did two semen analysis for OH which were 'normal', I had Ultrasounds, bloods and a HSG all of which were fine... no sign of cysts on my ovaries on the ultrasounds.. This took us upto Sept 2010, when we went back to see FS about all our results etc he said that although my scan had been fine, its possible to have the syndrome without the actual cysts... I have/had a fair amount of tell tale symptoms for PCOS so did make sense.

We have this cycle & next cycle left on Clomid, then that's our 6 months up. Next step for us (hopefully won't need it) is Ovarian Drilling... which I'm dreading but tons of TTC-ers on here have been thru it and it's worked for quite a few of them too... xx

Sounds like me for the past 15 years.... all my tests came back normal, my obgyn said I just had unexplained infertility. It wasn't until I went for cycle monitoring with the FS that they found my follicles not maturing..... this was caused by PCOS.

There are sooo many varieties and symptoms of PCOS, I was reading up on it the other day and they said the reason so many people have different symptoms is because you only need 1 abnormality out of 7 genes, some people have an abnormality in 5 genes and some have it in only 2 genes. I guess they can mix and match too, lol.

Ovarian Drilling???? Sounds painful, I have never heard of that..... what is it???

Lots of https://dl4.glitter-graphics.net/pub/2058/2058144oxdxlg5ts1.gif

I think its also called Ovarian Diathermy or something similar?
It's day surgery where they put you to sleep, put a camera in thru your tummy button, make two incisions low down either side and then drill/laser small holes in your ovaries, it's supposed to reduce the amount of Testosterone your ovaries produce and give them a kick start.
I stupidly watched the procedure on youtube last week. :sick:

I've never been to hospital for anything (touch wood), not even to have tonsils out or a tooth or anything. The idea of a surgical procedure that involves being put to sleep really worries me...I've not had anyone in my family go thru an operation either so it's just fear of unknown I guess.

One interesting thing my FS told me about PCOS is that you get it from your Dad, and a good indication that your Dad is a carrier, is baldness, particularly if they lose their hair early (in the 30s) etc.... My Dad is def a carrier! :haha:

Oh, yeah I heard that as well. It doesn't make sense in my family because my dad still has lots of hair :shrug: but I think I read that if the genes come from your mother... then there is usually diabetes in your moms family...... which doesn't make sense in my family still, lol. My dad's mom had diabetes.....

I was terrified the first time I had surgery. It was a DNC and Laparoscopy.... when I woke up from the general I started crying because I was so happy to still be alive, lol, I think back on that and laugh..... I was soooo silly!!! It sounds like a pretty basic and low risk procedure, so I wouldn't worry, if it comes to that. It's great that they have come up with so many options to try and defeat infertility, I would not be a happy camper if I was born in the 1800's and had no options.....

Anyhoo, my mood has been steadily happy with no sign of irratation so far..... I just had a major hot flash though, so maybe my body is now used to the Clomid.... figures that would happen my last day of Clomid, lol

Yeah my friend's Dad still has loads of hair and she's got PCOS so can't be true in all cases.......

My mood swings have eased off now :thumbup:
How are you feeling?

:dust: xx

Well, my emotions and mood swings subsided by the fifth day. Today is not going so well though. I had my appointment with the FS who said my follies are still only 7mm and 8mm :cry: I have another appointment for Thursday to see if they have grown anymore. If not (which I am not feeling positive about) then I start a new cycle with Femara and Gonel-F. I am feeling a little down today...

Oh I'm sorry to hear that :hugs:

Hopefully they'll have a nice big growth spurt between now & Thursday... :thumbup:

I know it's so hard to stay positive :nope:

Do you know if they will increase your clomid dose next cycle? xx

Thanks :) I am hoping, but in reality, I am preparing myself to start the Gonel-F. I feel a little better about it all since my DH told me that we will do whatever it takes :)

I am pretty sure they will not put me on Clomid again since they saw no change in the size (compared to my last CD10). But this is all if there is still no change by Thursday. I am fine with it, I have heard good things about Femara and Clomid so I still have hope :)

So today is you last day of Clomid??? Not really a fun time in the cycle is it??? The only exciting times are when your about to O'v and testing time, lol.... the rest of the days seem to drag on. I have made plans everyday until Thursday to keep myself occupied :) I am going to the Scandinave Spa with a friend of mine tomorrow, we could not have picked a better day (I am in a little bit of pain from the dye test so the massage is going to be awesome).

Is Gonel F injections? It is definitely reassuring to know OH is as determined as you and that he's got your back :winkwink:

Took my last Clomid last night, today is cd8.... I'll start testing with OPKs cd10/cd11 onwards just in case but don't expect to ovulate until cd17ish...
It's frustrating living your life in two week blocks..... you wait ages for OV then wait ages for AF/BFP Grrrrrr :dohh:

I am feeling really positive for this month, I always do around this time in my cycle, fresh start etc etc. At this stage in my cycle I feel like it'll happen, maybe not this month, maybe not with Clomid, but somehow it will happen for us. I'm only 28 so I've plenty of time yet...I believe that someone up there is looking out for us and this is all part of a masterplan and we just don't see it.

Polar opposite to how I was feeling this time last week (and everytime AF turns up) when I felt like I'm barren (horrible word but I tend to use it whilst in floods of tears as it sounds so final & extreme - indulge myself! ha), that's it... Its never going to happen & everyone around me will keep popping out baby after baby and I'll never be a Mum.

That's great that you have stuff planned, the spa sounds lovely!! I haven't been to a spa in aaaages, not since last summer anyway.
Have a lovely time & hopefully you'll be nice and relaxed and ready for whatever Thursday has in store xx

I am glad your positive, I try to stay that way too :)

The Scandinave spa was wonderful, it's a hot and cold springs spa that is all outdoors so in the winter, it's the best!!! The massage was nice also, lol. I am glad I kept myself busy until now, it's Thursday tomorrow.

I had a dream last night that they were trying to stop my cycle and I was positive that my follies were growing and I was gonna O'v. So hopefully that was my way of telling myself to hold off, I might just have a very long cycle.

Well Fx'd for you and I will understand if I don't hear from you for a few days, lol, I am sure you will be keeping busy as well!!!

Oops, didn't see that question, yes, Gonel-F in an injection

How did you get on today with your scan?/ x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back