CD9, first round of clomid, ultrasound tomorrow - buddies or advice welcome :)

lorileigh

Reaction score
I am currently on CD9. I took Clomid for the first time on CD3-7. I am going in for an ultrasound tomorrow.

Anyone been through this and know what to expect? Are they checking the size of the follicles or something else?

Anyone in a similar time in their cycle and want to be buddies?

I am cd 7 and am taking the clomid 4-8 ~50 mg.....Its my first round for this try...My dr isnt monitoring me just gave me the clomid and said cd 21 bloods to see If you ovulate and if I dont she wants to put it up to 100 mg.... I would like to know by u/s if I am but I guess not just have to wait I guess....I took Clomid with my DS in 2006 and got pg the first time so I am hoping it works this time just as good!! Good luck I hope your scans go great !!!:dust:

thanks! I only have one fallopian tube, so I am kind of anxous to also see what side the follicles are on. I wish I could find something to read about what size they should be or something like that.

Google ..... Girl since starting all this I have been on it non stop pretty much trying to find anything and everything possible that I can to help or questions I have!! I have both my Fallopian tubes but have wonderful PCOS and very rarely ovulate on my own...And i was mistaken I added a day up there I am actually day 7 today...opps was getting excited I guess trying to rush the month along...lol
My cousin has one Tube and she got preg with her son in 05...it took alittle bit but they did it!! and it was natural!! So you got this!!! I have no idea what size their suppose to be....I just know the basics that you ovulate and so on!! lol:thumbup:
How is your symptoms so far?? since your a couple ahead of me I will know what I got coming lol :winkwink: already having some slight cramping ... :happydance: I normally hate cramping but to me it feeels like something is working!! YAY:happydance:

firstly Good Luck =)

Im on my last round (only had 3) 150mg, I'm not being monitored either, but using opk's and have just started tempting. On my first round I didn't have any symptoms but the 2nd one I have strong O pains (well Im certain they were) then about 2-3 days after I started cramping for about a week, So im hoping this round will go quickly, I got no symptoms or side effect and I get my BFP, or should I say WE ALL GET A BFP =)

I try to chart with my bbt but i am such an awful sleeper...so I dunno just looks all crazy...so just kinda got fustrated and sorta gave up!! OPKs I was told with PCOS it kinda is no use cause it wouldnt work...So kinda just working with what we got !! lol I am on day 4 of clomid and cramping on and off is that sorta normal?? I mean wow way to early to ovulate right?? My dr just gave me 3 months and sent me on my way I was like um okay!! THANKS lol so if I have like 3 at a time this girl not gonna be happy lol !!!
I really hope you get your:bfp: ...... well all of us do get a :bfp:

SUPER DUPER :dust::dust: to you two....

Thanks everyone for your replies. I really haven't had any side effects at all with the Clomid. I took 50mg this cycle.

Well, my ultrasound went pretty well, I guess.

I had 9 follicles. 5 on the bad side, 4 on the good side

There sizes were:
Left (bad side): 17, 14, 10, 9, 9
Right (good side): 15, 10, 6, 7

I am on CD10, and they are supposed to grow 2mm a day. So by CD14 (when I typically ovulate) they should be +8 from whatever they are now.

The doctor said that when they are released they are normally between 22-24 mm. So I have three that could be mature at the time of ovulation (2 on the bad side and 1 on the good side)

He said, normally, one should take over and get bigger and the rest should all start to get smaller. They are going to do another ultrasound on Monday (CD13) to hopefully see which ones got bigger and hopefully will be released.

So I guess I just wait until Monday and hope that the one on the right wins out...

My dr just gave me 3 months and sent me on my way I was like um okay!!

Paula - I read that a lot on here that doctors just prescribe the Clomid and wish you luck. I am glad that my OBGYN is being so proactive. It's good to see what the numbers were today and I'm even more glad that he is doing another ultrasound on Monday to make sure they are growing like they are supposed to.

For me more information makes me feel better :thumbup:

Lorileigh, thats heaps good news =) GL for you on monday, Hope its all positive =)

More information would be a lot easier, then at least you know exactly what is going on. Its really hard where I'm from, Im able to go the my GP and get bloods done to see wether or not Im producing the right hormones (pretty much self monitoring).

Yeah I got my clomid from my Gyno, took me 3months to get in and initially see him =/, he then ran the test on myself and OH, which came back all good for him, PCOS for me, and couldn't find wether or not I O'd. So he gave me 3months worth too, I was told to take 50mg days 2-6, 100mg days 3-7 and 150mg days 5-9. I didn't even know you was supposed to be monitored, all the info I read did have anything like that, until I joined one forum site and copped a lot of crap for taking it unmonitored because I asked why shouldn't it be taken whilst not being monitored =/, all a little harsh, but I suppose its safer then buying it over the net lol?

Yeah I was also reading with PCOS & taking clomid that OPK's can give you false answers and you shouldn't use it with it.

My Gyno's instructions were: Take it on your days, have intercourse 14-15 days after the first day of your cycle, test for pregnancy 3 weeks after (incase I needed to start taking provera again), if it does start on its own, follow that step again.

So I just got the bay cheapie opk, sorta might help, and I also brought some forelife sperm care lube, (meant to be similar to that preseed), cause it always get a little dry around O, especially after taking the clomid! (Sorry if TMI).

BABY DUST TO EVERYONE =), GL ALL!!!

I am currently on CD9. I took Clomid for the first time on CD3-7. I am going in for an ultrasound tomorrow.

Anyone been through this and know what to expect? Are they checking the size of the follicles or something else?

Anyone in a similar time in their cycle and want to be buddies?

I'm on CD1 and will be on my first round of Clomid starting on CD3! How's it going?

Just took my last pill today!! nothing severe for me yet!! Lorileigh you ovaries sound promising!! I hope it works out for you!! I wish I knew what was going on really!! If i was ovualting or not!! And stuff !! It would be so nice!!
This is actually my second time on clomid...I have one clomid baby already hes 4 ....it took the first time and wasnt monitored then either!! I think Honestly it depends on the Ob/gyn you get whether they monitor you or not!! I guess !!
It has taken me six months of tests and getting in to see the dr FINALLY and then more test for both me and DH....FINALLY got the clomid....!! YAY!!
No side effects for me but like I said last pill for me was today cd8!! excited Hope this works!! :) FOR ALL OF US!!

Today is CD13 and I had my second ultrasound.

On the left side I had a 24 and a 17
On the right side I had a 20

He is pretty sure I will release the 24 on the left (most likely tomorrow). Since I don't have a left fallopian tube, this doesn't help much. There is a very slight chance, but not very likely.

By tomorrow though, the 20 may be a 22, and I could release both of them! We have a lot better chances if my egg is on the right side, so obviously this is what I'm hoping for!

He is going to do bloodwork and another ultrasound next Tuesday, just to see what's going on, to confirm that I did ovulate and to see if he can tell which ones were actually released.

So all in all, I would say that is good (but not great) news!

Awesome but sucks at the sametime....Wish they were for the right!! I hope your Right releases too!! that would ROCK!!:happydance:

Maybe it's the Clomid, maybe I never really ovualted before, but I have some crazy ovulation pains going on today and yesterday! Not extremely painful, but just very weird uncomfortable feeling going on in my lower abdomen.

Yesterday morning it was mostly my left side, but last night and today I feel it more on my right. So that gives me a lot of hope that both sides did in fact release an egg!! Or at least it feels like they are.

My temperature still hasn't gone up and I'm trying not to read too much into it. I had +OPKs but the pain, so I'm really hoping that I did ovulate. Usually my BBT is the one consistent thing though, so I'm just a little freaked out about it not jumping up like it normally should.

It makes me feel alittle better I havent had alot of pain alittle but not much!!! So was freaking alittle that wasnt working!! I mean I got some of the side effects but no O pain yet!! I am soo hoping it is from your right!!
I was gonna do my bbt this month but I dont sleep well I wake up on and off thru the night so not to sure on how long I been asleep just kinda doing the bd every other day to cover my bases until atleast the 1st!! I hope it works for us both it would ROCK!!
I dunno Yesterday I felt all excited and just knew it was gonna work this month...But today I am feeling alittle doubtful!! But just gonna try and stay positiveish until I can test and know for sure!!
Are your O pains like severe? Well really painful cause mine hurts alittle just not to where I know for sure if its O pain or just pain...lol ???

mommypaula - I totally get the up and down emotions too. Some days I'm 100% convinced I'm already pregnant and some days I feel like this will never work.

The Ov pains weren't too bad, just something I guess I've never felt before. I felt them most when I had been sitting or laying for a long time and then went to stand up. Kind of a dull, cramp in my lower abdomin like someone had punched me in the stomach.

Man I had the worlds worst cramps ..this weekend to the point where I didnt want to get outta bed...It was crazy!! but got thru it! Thank God yesterday was the worst!! it lasted about three days!! I believe we are just in the waiting game now which Me being an impatient person hates waiting...Thats why I dont do well with surprises!! lol
It kinda felt like someone was stabbing me in the abodomen!! well I guess if that would feel like anyway lol..... No more cramping ....kinda nervous to see the results cause it was on both sides so nervous I ovulated atleast 2 eggs !! scared lol
and look at me all worried I wasnt feeling anything!! :)
We GOT THIS!!!

CD6 for me. Failed two rounds of Clomid, TTC for #3. Issue seems to be ovulation, just recently started seeing an RE and am going through all the testing right now. We will have to see what is recommended after all testing comes back.

Baby dust to you ladies!

mommypaula - mine hurt from both sides too, but I'm pretty sure I released two eggs. I go for my ultrasound and bloodwork in about a half hour, so I am pretty anxious to hear what they say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->