celiacs disease

MadamRose

Mummy to 3 and WTT for #4
Reaction score
I've had problem with iron levels for ages. last time they were checked they were highest they ever been under this doctors like 4 or 5 years. but recently I started getting numbness/tingling in fingers and toes so I went to docs and they did blood tests for loads things only thing this shows is iron levels now lowest ever just 4weeks after last test. Also recently has awful unexplained rash. Well docs now wanna test for celiacs just wanna hear if other peoples experiances ect with symptoms and dignosis. And also for those on low incomes were you helped with food cost as ain't cheap. I know i might not have it but many things pointing towards it. I've recently had alot of bone pains in back and fatiuge which I know also symptoms

I have it! After I went GF (which was admittedly VERY hard in the beginning) I started feeling SO much better. 5 years on I feel great - and now can make anything "normal" GF - if you get the diagnosis shoot me a message I would *LOVE* to be a sounding board for you and your potential new diet :D

my iron levels were low in september but i wasnt anemic :wacko: so i went back and had another test to check levels in december along with a celiac test which the doctor didnt even tell me he was testin for, i actually asked the nurse what it was for and she explained...i never rang for the results after so i dont know what they were im too afraid to ring ...terrible fear of something serious is wrong x

My cousin is cealiac and she gets some staple foods free on prescription. My son has a wheat allergy which is very similar and he also gets staple foods on prescription. Its hard to begin with, with my son i still have to check some things as wheat is in the strangest things like tomato sauce and gravy but you can get gluten and wheat free versions. As PP said you can literally make anything GF

I have coeliac disease. In the UK you can get some foods on prescription and if you buy a yearly ticket it works out quite cheap (if you're low income you might even get it free, not sure).
I had anemia pretty much every time my blood was tested but they didn't test for coeliac disease til I started vomiting blood (completely unrelated btw so as not to scare you! Was just a stomach ulcer).

Gluten free food is pretty good these days but adjusting to the diet is pretty hard.

I work in an endoscopy clinic, and you will need a scope test to get a diagnosis. I see lots of people with celiacs. We take a few samples from your small bowel and send it off to pathology to get tested.

Do you know I do wonder if I have this, I had stomach inflammation back in 2007 but not one dr has tested for this through this time period, and I have anemia which keeps coming back and I didnt know that can be a sign of colieac

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->