Centre parcs

twinklestar25

Reaction score
Hi has anyone been to centre parcs sherwood forest with a lo? Were goin on Friday ds is 11 1/2 months old. just wondering if anyone can tell me where the indoor play areas are/ball pools as when we went it was just us 2 as it was when I was preg so it wasn't something we were looking for. Also am I right in thinking these are free?

I think we've got most stuff coverd, planning on taking ds push along bike an feeding ducks, Playing on the parcs and the "beach" and of course swimming :) then the indoor play too. But if anyone has any other ideas what might ne fun for us please do tell! :)

I soooo can't wait, I'm booked into the spa for 3 hrs sun morning too and hoping I may get a nice card an sum chocs when I wake up!

I was thinking of a trip to centre parcs, i shall be keeping an eye on this thread x

Oooh i LOVE Centre Parcs!! We have been twice - when DD was 9 months old and again last ear when i was 35 weeks preggo and she was 20 months.

It's BRILLIANT for kids! There is loads of stuff that you need to pay for, but tons for free too. All the paid for sessions of stuff are in your pack that you get, but to be honest i would just do free stuff while you can get away with it.

A lot of the restaurants have ball pools and soft play in them, so you can just go grab a coffee and play or play while you eat tea or whatever.

The sand/beach area is good with a nice play area.

Definitely get a bike with a trailer! DD Loved being in her trailer wizzing round. Unfortunately last time i was too pregnant to cycle, but i hired a mobility scooter and hung out with my dad in his mob scooter. We were a right pair! lol! It wouldn't have been as fun if i couldn't have one of those cause there is a bit of walking to do and i was meant to be on rest.

You can feed the ducks and squirrels and things that come and see you at your accommodation. There's loads of little park type things dotted about too and a wildlife centre with nature walk and stuff.

I wish we could afford to go again this year!

My dh Is an architectural technician and he has been building a new centre parks for the last year ( can't remember where it is)
they told him he could have discount on a holiday but dh reckons we can't afford it but I would love to go!
Our Last hol was a week in a tent in snowdon!!! That was blinking miserable!!

Ive been to serwood forrest centre parcs - i cant actually remember it being perticually baby friendly (in the way of i didnt notise much for younger children) but i didnt have my LO at the time so didnt really pay much attention to anything babyfide lol

Sounds good! lol sausages at you on a moped 35 weeks preg! traveling in style haha. I'll be sure to use the parcs and play areas, just hope the weathers good!

Ohhh I wonder where the new centre parcs is going to be! Oh that's a shame crazyguider, wonder what kind of discount he gets, maybe worth looking into, you never know you might find something!

Im taking LO to Sherwood one in June :happydance:

This will be the 3rd time we have been, first two times we were just a couple.

I know the pool is free, but not sure what else is for babies, but I can't wait :happydance:

We went a couple of weekend ago with 14mo ds

All the indoor soft plays are free, they have them in most of the pubs/leisure areas, some are better than others (think the one in the sport's bar was the best we found).

They also have specific (free) baby/toddler swim at 9.30 some mornings before the pool opens to everyone else. They have lots of toys in the pool, sing songs etc. There is quite a good toddler pool as well, which is open all the time.

There are quite a few activities you can pay for, but we managed to fill our time without those.

My little boy was most impressed with the squirrels that came onto the patio!

Have fun!

New one is somewhere around Buckinghamshire I think x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->