Cereals Add 10+ Pounds of Sugar to Your Kid’s Diet

Well I must be really naive coz I had no idea cereals were so unhealthy :haha: I have cereal everyday, usually rice krispies or frosties or weetabix but Oscar never ever eats and and Jack only has it occassionally.

We have weetabix mostly but I do give them things like coco pops occasionally :)

Porridge here mainly for the kids..........although DS has been having baby porridge but I noticed how sweet that smells so I've been using adults oats(just the tesco value ones) and putting 1 spoon baby muesli in. DD does get coco pops and crunchy nut ones now and again, as everything in moderation.....just not EVERY day

I refuse to buy anything that has chocolate in it or things like frosties. DD has Weetabix most of the time and i put fruit on it to make it more interesting. In the winter if i have the time they both have porridge with maple syrup and raspberries. DS has decided recently that he's not a fan of Weetabix so i've been trying to decide what to buy him. He went through a phase of wanting to eat my Dorset Cereals stuff and at £3 or more a box (which will barely last him a week) there was no way i'd carry on. So i settled on Rice Crispie Shapes only to discover how much sugar was in them - it was only ofter i'd had some and i could taste the sugar on them. So at the moment he's having Bear Alphabets cereal.

However the sugar doesn't worry me unduly - it's like everything, if you have it in moderation it really isn't an issue. It's like the whole salt thing - there are people that are now having issues due to cutting salt right down to the bare minimum. We actually need salt etc to keep our bodies balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->