• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cerelle Progesterone only pill - any good experiences?

aimee-lou

Totally Outnumbered!!
Reaction score
Anyone have anything good to say about these?

The Dr has given me these to take starting today following a slip up and MAP. I took POP about 5 years ago before the birth of my children but it didn't agree with me at all back then. I however cannot take the combined pill any more as it plays havoc with me and as hubby and I are completely unreliable this is a last ditch attempt before I go and have a copper coil fitted or my tubes tied.

I'm really hoping that it's ok and people have got nice things to say about it but I have a feeling that it's not going to be pretty.

BTW I have an underactive thyroid and am on thyroxine replacement at a high dose.

Hi,

Im afraid my experience wasnt all great.

I was on it for 4 months. Within the 1st week i could feel the unwanted mood swings bubble up inside of me. I also started spotting in the 1st week, which continued for 6 weeks. Annoying. By 3.5 months, i was depressed (i dont have any previous experience of depression, but i was waking up crying, would lack energy all day, couldnt be bothered to do a single thing, by the evening i was teary again, & incredibly tired. Family & friends had noticed, & advised me to see a dr. I refused.) Then at 3 months 3 weeks, i had the heaviest bleed ive ever experienced, i can only describe it like the bleeding you get after giving birth. It completely disabled me, the pain was unbearable, i couldnt do day to day tasks even on the strongest dose of pain killers (in the leaflet provided it states Cerelle is often prescribed to women with heavy periods to make them lighter!!??) I continued into my 4th strip of pills, but didnt start a 5th, instead i threw them out, & am now considering the copper coil.

Its been 2 weeks, i still feel a little hormonal, but have noticed an increase in my sex drive (it must of dipped whilst i was on the pill) i want it all day long again! Wierdly my breasts are leaking milk drops since ive come off it. But im not looking back. I was spiralling into the darkest point in my life, with no enviromental reasons to feel low, i can only think it was Cerelle.

That being said, i have close friends, & read online comments, from those who take Cerelle, & they only have good things to say.

Go with it, it might work brilliantly for you. Give it 3 months, when everyone told me to give up, i was adamant i wanted to wait 3 months, to give my body a chance to adjust to the new level of hormones.

Good luck! Let me know how you go x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->