Cervical Biopsy and Scrapping

MrsChamberlin

Mother of 3
Reaction score
Today I had a follow up Colposcopy. My abnormal pap showed up last April, had my first colposcopy at 20 weeks pregnant. No biopsy.
Today I was hoping that the abnormal cells had shed during labor and delivery, but I guess they hadn't.
She took 3 different biopsy's and a scrap of the cerix canal.
I have 5-6 days before I get the results back, and I am of course a little worried.
Anyone else been through this??

I had this done 12 yars ago.......excet for the biopsy's.
haven't had an abnornmal pap since..thank goodness....
Its really good that your getting everything checked...
Good luck and hope it all works out for you!!!!!!!!!

I'm wondering if my nonfertile issues are due to colposcopy's done...
My Dr.s back then didn't really give me much info!

Hi,im actually going through something similar and was going to post on here asking if someone in same situation.....

i had routine smear done last year which came back abnormal,had to go in to get a biopsy done which showed grade 2/moderate changes...had an appointment to get treatment done (loop excision) but as i suspected i was pregnant they advised me i would have to put it off until 3 months after having baby......the thing is now everytime me and oh have intercourse (sorry if tmi) i bleed alarmingly heavy,my appointment for treatment isnt until may 9th but went to gp as was worried it was something to do with what was wrong and she advised me to refrain from sex incase i haemorrage (wtf!!) and she will try hurry my appointment along.........im quite scared tbh

The good thing is you've went in and got seen and whatever the results will be,you know about it and will get treatment if needed,its a scary thing to happen ill be keeping my fingers crossed for you, let me know how you get on and pm me if you need to talk xxx

Hi Girls

Just want to bump this thread my friend had a smear and had abnormal cells they then did another 6 months later and again it was abnormal.

They did a colospacy sorry if thats not spelt right, and burnt off the cells and she went to the docs the other day as she said she is still bleeding a little and it's been nearly 3 weeks. The doc said she had grade three abnormal cells but they had been burnt off.

No more treatment seems to be offered and I wondered is that it?

as far as im aware of now she has had treatment they'll prob carry on with giving her smear tests every 6 months till she gets 2 that are 'normal' and then will go back to every 3 years.....that said im not totally sure,just what ive been led to think.They might do another biopsy to check all away?? I think its normal for her to bleed for that time, i did after biopsy and with the treatment ive to get (loop excision) they said ill prob bleed for a while and to refrain from sex for 6 weeks i think it was......if she has any worries she should contact the clinic to ask them.......again i might be wrong with her follow up after treatment so she should phone and ask them,they should put her mind at rest.Hope she is back to normal again soon, xx

as far as im aware of now she has had treatment they'll prob carry on with giving her smear tests every 6 months till she gets 2 that are 'normal' and then will go back to every 3 years.... xx
and ........you were told to abstain so you don' hemmorage!!!!!!!
thats info they hold have given you even before you had the procedure.......
dumb ass doctors!!!!!!! Happy to hear your OH didn't murder you with :sex:

I wanted to add to as well....
smear or Pap every 6 months...BUT its not a normal smear they use a brush like thingy. Doesn't hurt......

Its been 12 years since my procedure and nothing has come back abnormal
:happydance:
I do wonder if the "coloscoopy" or whatever its called is responsible for my NON :bfp:
None of my Dr.s has mentioned fertlity issues because of it..

i did notice a few of you have babies..so here's hoping it doesn't!!!!!!

as far as im aware of now she has had treatment they'll prob carry on with giving her smear tests every 6 months till she gets 2 that are 'normal' and then will go back to every 3 years.... xx
and ........you were told to abstain so you don' hemmorage!!!!!!!
thats info they hold have given you even before you had the procedure.......
dumb ass doctors!!!!!!! Happy to hear your OH didn't murder you with :sex:

I wanted to add to as well....
smear or Pap every 6 months...BUT its not a normal smear they use a brush like thingy. Doesn't hurt......

Its been 12 years since my procedure and nothing has come back abnormal
:happydance:
I do wonder if the "coloscoopy" or whatever its called is responsible for my NON :bfp:
None of my Dr.s has mentioned fertlity issues because of it..

i did notice a few of you have babies..so here's hoping it doesn't!!!!!!

:thumbup: thanks for that,wasnt sure if i was right with the 6 months thing cos not had my treatment yet so wasnt even thinking that far ahead but i thought it was every 6 months for a smear.....

how long have you been trying? my friend has had a colposcopy and is now in her 2nd year of TTC,have you ever heard of this affecting fertility? I hope not and as you said lots of women have had it and go on to concieve so:dust::dust: for you both :hugs:

:blush: umm well didnt take doctor that serious :)dohh: i know!! )and DTD and had a really bad bleed so had to get tablets to stop the bleeding and im going in tomorrow for examination.....my treatment is in may so hoping they bring it forward as im getting really worried now that things have got worse cos it was delayed with being pregnant .... xx

a routine colposcopy doesn't interfer with fertility
if you have treatment like a loop excision or anything surgical on the cervical canal it can cause scarring and narrowing which can cause problems
hth
xxx

hi, i had a smear last year which came back saying i had cin 3 (severe cell changes) so i had colposcopy and loop laser treatment in july and was told that the abnormal cells went to the edges of what they took away so they were worried that they hadnt got it all. i got pregnant in september last year (so obviously didnt cause fertility problems there - in fact, i was told that the treatment could make you more fertile??) and so far my pregnancy is going well, the midwife has not been worried about it. i went for my follow up colposcopy last week - i wasnt sure whether to have it done or not due to risks to the baby but i was assured there was no risk so i did and she said the cells are all normal so i am thrilled. i beleive now i will have smears every six months for a few years and then every year providing evrything is ok. it is a really worrying time and i do feel for you but it can work out ok. let me know if you need any advice on anything and good luck xxxxx

I too had CIN III dysplasia 2 years ago, had a colposcopy followed by leep and have gone in for pap smears every 4 months since (all have been clear!!) - my doctor said that I will have to continue with 4 month smears until I go into menopause....in the US, we have routine screening annually (and that is if everything is normal, in my case I have to go every 4 months) - it blows my mind that they make you ladies wait 3 years in the UK.....but to answer your conception questions, I too, am ttc presently and it's only been 4 months so I'm not too worried but my doctor did tell me that the leep would not interfere with fertility, if anything, it may interfere with your ability to carry full term but in that case they would stitch the cervix....one thing I've noticed since the procedure is that I'm a little on the "dry" side (sorry if that is tmi) so i've always used some kind of lubricant - but once I found out that it could hinder conception I started using preseed (this coming cycle will be my 2nd cycle using preseed) so hopefully that will help :)

Good luck to all of you ladies and I would try not to worry so much about the cervical issues - as long as you continue with your routine screening you will be fine!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->