Cervical cancer *update pg4*

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

didnt want to read and run babes thinking of you and your family stay strong babes :hugs:

i pushed for an early smear and it came back normal but i have a cyst they want to keep an eye on :thumbup:

sending you all my love and best wishes, stay strong hun :hugs::hugs:
Also, after reading your post I phoned my surgery and booked myself in for a smear. xxx:hugs:

I'm so sorry you are going through this. :hugs: to you and your family. You will get through this!

hey hun,

Well done for coming on and posting that, you have urged others to go get a smear test!
And less of this talk about leaving your children!! Youre not going anywhere misses so get those thoughts right out of your head!! Stay positive and strong and if you ever feel low all these lovely BnB ladies are here to get you back up!
Take each day one at a time never think further than a week ahead or your mind will wander!
My friend had very unusual discharge so went to the doctors after her smear came back clear, the doctor said it was nothing to worry about and to come back if she had any problems. She didnt feel satisfied with this answer so went to another doctor who sent her for tests, she had cancer in her cervix and womb and they thought id would have spread further, if she had taken the first doctors advise to ignore it she would have died with in a year or two. Everything was dark, doom and gloom and we couldnt see the light. She had a hysterectomy and nothing had spread outside of her womb and no further treatment was required, the relief was immence.
You keep your happy hat on and remember to take things slowly sweetie! xxx

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and messages.Im really grateful for them and a great big well done to those who booked smears. Im going into hospital on wednesday and getting a radical hysterectomy on thursday,in a much better positive place now (def no more talking of leaving my children Babydance :) xx ) and just want this over and done with so can get on with my life and feel better.Wont know till after the surgery if more treatment is needed but (feel positive it wont be) ill deal with it.A big big massive thank you to Tattiesmum who's let me rant,throw questions and just listened to me.Honestly would have found this so much harder to deal with without you.

Take care everyone xxxx

sending lots of love and hugs to u hunny, stay strong we are all here to offer any support me can

Lou
xxx

There's no need for thanks Honey! I've been there and worn the T shirt myself and I've loved getting to know you :D You're a fantastic person and I know you are going to get through this ... I'm with you for the long haul Hon - we can rant, rave and laugh together :hugs::hugs:

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and messages.Im really grateful for them and a great big well done to those who booked smears. Im going into hospital on wednesday and getting a radical hysterectomy on thursday,in a much better positive place now (def no more talking of leaving my children Babydance :) xx ) and just want this over and done with so can get on with my life and feel better.Wont know till after the surgery if more treatment is needed but (feel positive it wont be) ill deal with it.A big big massive thank you to Tattiesmum who's let me rant,throw questions and just listened to me.Honestly would have found this so much harder to deal with without you.

Take care everyone xxxx

Hey sweetie,

Good on you for posting about your experience - it really helped me deal with my diagnosis by writing about my experience - still does now.

I was diagnosed with very early stages of cervical cancer in 2007 - stage 1a1. I was extremely fortunate to be offered a trachelectomy (removal of the cervix) and needed no further treatment. I am now 3 years down the line.

It has been an incredibly difficult journey as along the way I lost my beautiful daughter at 24 weeks as my cervix simply didn't hold up. Our gorgeous baby boy is 4 weeks old tomorrow and he is our world.

Have you heard of Jo's Trust - it is a fab support group for those who have been diagnosed with cervical cancer.

Sorry to have rambled on. I just wanted to let you know about Jo's (if you didn't already) and send you lots of hugs and positive vibes.

Good luck for your surgery - I hope that you make a speedy recovery.

xxx

I forgot to say you sound so much more positive that in your first post. I don't know if it is the same for you but as soon as I knew what I was dealing with and what treatment I was having I felt so much more positive. xxx

Massive :hugs: thank you for posting. I really cant imagine what your going through but stay strong

thinking of you hun :hugs:
have messaged on fb but dont want to intrude by texting
hope to hear from you soon
xxx

Thanks everyone for posting, had my operaton a week and half ago,im recovering really well though the first few days were painful and hard, everyday is getting better. I also got my pathology results so the good news is that the cancer hadnt spread to lymph nodes :) though they recommend i have chemoradiation due to something to do with the tumour,my appointment is on 21st to discuss it more in detail and find out when it will start.Bring it on,i want this to all be over with and get back to my old life. xxxx

Jadeyb-thanks for info on jo's trust,i had been on it before,its really helpful and so sad how many women are affected by this,as much as this has been so hard,ive been extremely lucky.there are some sad sad storys.You also have been through a lot,i had asked for a trachelectomy but was advised against it (they dont do it at hospital where was treated) ,losing your little girl must have been heartbreaking and im so happy for you with your little boy. xxxxxxxx

Thats fantastic hun, LOVE your attitude!! Hope your tums not too tender! And all the best on the 21st been thinking about you these last few weeks! Pleased you seem to have kept your happy hat on :D take care hunny and keep us posted!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->