cervix question

chlojones

Scarlett-Rose 04.06.2011
Reaction score
in my pg notes i was admitted on the 18th may so nearly three weeks ago, it says my cervix is posterior long thick and admits fingertip. does anyone know what this means? xxx

It means that your cervix is tilted back, hasn't started thinning out yet and is dilated to the point that a fingertip can be inserted... HTH! :)

what does no effacement mean? and would it have changed now im 40+2 ?? because that was the 18th may xxx

Sometimes the cervix doesnt change until right before labour.

I had a sweep at 40+6 and like you was 1cm dilated but cervix was posterior and starting to thin a tiny bit but nothing significant. I went into labour at 6am the next morning.

Some women walk around at 3cm dilated for weeks and don't go into labour, just depends on your body!

I think effacement is thinning of it. I would say it's changed some for sure. Effacement happens more than dilation typically near/after a due date it seems like. I was 1 cm no effacement at 35 weeks, now at 38 weeks am almost 2 cm and 25 percent effaced. I expect to thin out more to 50 percent or so, before I dilate more.

effacement is softening and thinning of the cervix x

thanks emma21 so what does a long cervix mean? xxx

i found looking up images of dilation etc helps me understand what is going on with our bodies....

heres a quick link on stages of Effacement and dilation x

https://www.ahutton.com/cgw/dilation.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->