chai tea

RB25

Reaction score
i just had a chai tea and and googled that it can cause a miscarriage, now I'm freaked out! i know this sounds silly buy do you think i'd be ok just after one tea?
thx

I think there's an issue if it has Star Anise in it because I LOVE Chai tea and drank it in my previous pregnancies not even thinking there would be an issue. I know the one from Starbucks is safe to drink.....I've even had it a couple of times. Don't worry yourself over it too much. I'm sure everything will be fine!!!

thx, i checked the ingredients online and yes it contained star anise :(
i have already had issues with bleeding and now its stressed me out. never again.

Really? I drink this every night before bed and sometimes in the morning. Where did you hear that?

pregnancy books and different sites do not mention the risk of herbal teas in pregnancy, just food, alcohol and reduced caffeine intake. herbal tea risk i just researched separately and so many tea is not good for you. back to water for me..

I can't imagine that one chai tea whether it has Star Anise in it or not would be anything to worry about. Please try not to worry.

Yeah Chai does mean tea and it's not the tea that is troubling but the spices they put in it. Still I really don't put much stock into it because I've drank Chai tea through 3 of my previous pregnancies never knowing that it was supposed to be bad!!!!

i always think the name sounds so repetitive :D

I wouldn't worry. If you feel uncomfortable, stay away from it. Usually your instincts are right.

thanks ladies, my anxiety is settling down now. i became physically ill instantly. Its so hard knowing the ins and outs of everything we consume!
this pregnancy means so much and i do not want anything to go wrong. i could not forgive myself if i could prevent potential problems. this is my first IVF attempt which is successful so far, hence my stress.

I don't see any point in worring, hun. Chai is just the Hindi name for tea with lot of milk and less water. Being an Indian I have seen chai being served atleast twice a day in every household including pregnent women. Infact it is very good to drink some light tea in the mornings to clear ur daily motions. I am getting severe constipation in this pregnancy & drinking 1 cup every morning. so don't worry, nothing will happen to u.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->