Champagne and crumpets, my November wedding blog *We did it! Photos included*

Slimming world :) tried to give you a brief explaination in my journal xx

Thanks! Sorry to sound so dumb, it seems obvious now. It sounds so complicated! I just count calories, I'd be far too confused doing that I think.

Have you joined up to my fitness pal emy, it is good for logging goals, calories eaten, exercise (and therefore calories burned off) etc? It is a free thing. My calories they recommend a day is 1250. I personally dont use my calories if I burn them off from exercise. Otherwise like yesterday I would of had to eat over 1800.

Yeah I have it I'm just rubbish at using it. I'm pretty good at keeping track myself. MPF is great when I can be bothered but I so often lose track!

WOW what're you doing to burn 600 calories a day!?!? I know running burns 500 an hour but I can't even run for five minutes :haha: But no I don't use mine if I burn them off either. So I eat 1000, burn about 300 from walking with Rory on my back, so have a deficit of about 1000 a day, maybe more depending on what I do.

I started at 10 and half stone three weeks ago Emy. And on Tuesday I had to buy myself some size 8 work trousers (I haven't been a size 8 trouser since I was about 16 years old!!!) and even they are roomy on me. It deffo can be done

Tasha, I thought the calorie goal was just intake on MFP? As in, if I ate 1200 cals (my target) then burned off 200 cals, taking me down to 1000, I shouldn't then eat another 200 cals to take me back up. Doesn't that defeat the object? Plus, MFP only tells me off if I don't eat 1200. It doesn't tell me off if I've burned cals off to under the 1200 limit, so I just assumed it was ok :lol: :shrug:

That's fantastic! I m just so pissed at myself for getting so big, there is no excuse, last time I was this weight I was pregnant :dohh: And it doesn't help OH keeps buying me chocolate. He knows I'm dieting and I have no self control whatsoever...

Aly you are fine if you are still losing regardless but sometimes not upping it a bit can stall your weight loss. I dont have that problem right now so no need for me to up it.

Emy I was at the gym, ran for 30 minutes - a seven minute mile. Twenty-five minutes each on the x-trainer and bike, and then ten minutes on the rowing machine. Plus a twenty minute swim. I have bokwa tomorrow and then zumba on Monday plus the gym on both days. I really need to get rid of the lb's and tone up.

Sounds like you are doing all the right things. It is tough when the OH is eating crap isnt it? I have the same problem but my willpower is better now and I will chose a bit of fruit to curb the sweet cravings. I think once the weight starts coming off and you see a difference then it helps to maintain the will power. Before photos can help too cos usually comparing photos makes us see the difference long before we see it in the mirror.

Well my scales say I have lost 5 pounds. A bit is probably water weight as I should have only lost three this week, but I have been really ill with a chest and throat infection so maybe my metabolism is higher!? Anyway, pleased!

5lb is fab. Well done!! Deffo keep drinking lots of water. That's my biggest issue at the moment. I'm not drinking enough so I've got a lot of water retention. I didn't realise it would make such a big difference until the other lovely ladies on here pointed it out.

Oooh well done on the 5lb :D I've got water issues too lol. Got my first weigh in tomorrow xx

Fucckkkk gonna have to up my weight loss! My goal was to be skinny by 18th July for OH's graduation but now I'm being sent to cover the London collections (fashion week thingy) NEXT MONTH! Fucks sake! I have to be skinny for that or it'll just be embarrassing!!! Plus what the fuck do I wear?!?!

When next month? I'm sure you've got plenty of time to make a difference. I bet you don't even have that much to lose. As for what to wear, I am the worst person to give advice on that, so I won't :lol:

I write fashion articles, I should NOT be having this problem :dohh: But telling people with whatever money and presuming stick figures what to wear is one thing and actually pulling it off is another! Well right now I'm 10 stone (disgusting I know!) and I am guessing any models etc there will be oh, about four?!

Being 10 stone is not disgusting, on the other hand - being about 4 stone is! I understand that's the industry you work in, but don't half kill yourself to look skinny by next month, it won't do you any good hun. Just be sensible. Xx

WSS! ^^
Why would you even want to be as skinny as one of those models?? 10 stone is far from disgusting. It's not at all about what size you are but about how you dress for your body shape, which I am sure you are plenty capable of :hugs:

10 stone is really not disgusting. It seems unlikely that at that weight you wouldn't have a healthy BMI. They haven't hired you to be a model.

Thanks guys. This is my heaviest non-pregnant weight hence why I feel gross. And I actually really love the boney look the models have, I think it's so elegant :blush: Kind of what I'm aiming towards before the wedding. I think 9 stone by the time I go is about as much as I'll manage, but you're right, I'm not being hired to be a model!

Just remember your future husband wants to marry you and not some bony model! Weight loss is great if it helps your confidence but I think you have that kind of ethereal look about you already :flower:

Its all about how you feel no matter what anyone else says, just be careful, I wouldn't want you to make yourself ill xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->