• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Champagne and crumpets, my November wedding blog *We did it! Photos included*

I've absolutely no idea at all, you have to think seriously (forgetting the fact that you love th dress) about whether you think you can get back to that size before then, safely. Actually, I seem to remember you wanting to change the dress (or was that someone else?) If you don't really really love it then you should change it xx

I have no idea! She's very thin but healthy looking. Isn't the dress a size 6? What size are you now? Have you been a size 6 previously? I know that I could not ever get to a size 6 and look good - I actually look awful when I get to an 8/10 because I get skinny limbs and keep the weight on my hips and stomach. If you've been a 6 before though then surely it's achievable as long as you're not too much bigger now.

I thought it was a 6 but now I'm wondering if it's an American size, which makes it about an 8, if you go by the one size smaller for wedding dresses rule. So I'm thinking that makes her a toned eight stone-ish?! I've been a size 8 before, but not quite as low as 8 stone, with 8.5 being my lowest adult weight. I think I can do it, I just have to be motivated. It's just 7 stone that would be too much to hope for. I'm rubbish at guessing weights though. I'm down to 9.5 now, from doing the 30 day shred for just a week, so I'm happy with that!

Mummy May I did hate the dress but I like it again now, most of the time! Seeing people in the same dress who look awful never helps!

Also, totally OT, but Rory learnt to swim today! Well, in armbands, but he was swimming! Hopefully we'll have the armbands off by the end of summer.

Ohh wow that's awesome! Go Rory! I'm hoping to have Florence swimming before we goon honeymoon. I think 8 stone is a lot more doable. Maybe give yourself another month and see how you're going! Ooh is the shred good then? Xx

How old is Florence? I think most kids can swim if they get themselves confident in the water, so fingers crossed she manages it!

30 day shred is horrid, but it definitely seems to be working! Before I eat each day I have an almost 6 pack, and my legs feel like iron. I'll use it to tone and see how it goes, because I hate the muscly look, I just want to be boney in the end! Hopefully Rory's new toddler carrier will be here tomorrow so gonna celebrate by taking him around Dalton Zoo in it to burn a few extra calories, and then try and walk each day cos it's meant to burn around 300 an hour with a 30lb kid, especially walking up all the hills around here!

She will be 3 next week but haven't really been swimming much though she loves the water! Now we've sorted work commitments out were going to go swimming on a Sunday morni :)

How you getting on with the shred? I've just done it for the first time and although I didn't find it difficult, I found it bloody tedious! Please tell me it gets better lol xx

Hope she enjoys it! Rory was really wary at first but he adores it now. We go nearly every day but that's cos we're living at my parents' at the moment and they're lucky enough to have one of those above ground ones. You know, the oversized paddling pool sorts?

Wow you must be way fitter than me, it absolutely killed me the first few times. I'm finding it easier now but still dead out of breath and sweaty at the end, but it's definitely making a difference to my endurance if nothing else. It does get a little better, especially once you're used to it cos you realise it's quite short and you know how long you have left. It's definitely helping my body image, too, cos I was seeing myself as a total whale and now I'm realising I'm not actually massive, I'm just a naturally curvy person.

My legs are a bit achy today but I'm gonna bash on! I used to go on my exercise bike for 3-6 miles a day so that's probably why, but I'm not really fit lol! I love the jumping jacks though :D xx

Hi! Sorry I have been AWOL, I am getting so stressed with the wedding that I feel sick, it's coming round so fast!

A little update:

I decided on blush and purple peonies for my bouquet, but they go out of season this week so I got some and have dried them in the oven and am gonna be putting together my bouquet this week! Not for everyone I know but I think dried flowers look beautiful and they fit my theme IMO. Will put a photo up when I'm finished.

I booked the projector so that's definitely going ahead, though apparently I need a screen which sucks, cos I thought it'd look awesome projected on to the wall. Also they've changed the room around that I was gonna use (check out the living room, not sure how I feel about the TV and chesterfields, opinions?! https://www.northcadburycourt.com/interior.html) so I may use the morning room for the cinema and have an outdoor drinks reception with fires, fairy lights, mugs of tea, and blankets, but not sure?!!?! Ahhh I'm so confused.

On the weight loss front I am getting nowhere. So frustrating! I feel so shit about myself too, and I'm seriously panicking about not getting thin enough. At the moment I'm just getting muscly and I hate muscle, it's the last thing I want. But if I stop working out I won't lose weight fast enough and when I extreme diet I start to binge. I don't know what to do, can't seem to stick to anything, and it's taking over my life and I am so so stressed!

No other updates I don't think, except I got some 20's kimonos for my bridesmaids so that they don't look samey samey.

Flowers sound lovely, I wanted peonies but I was just told no by the florist. Didn't realise I could dry them! I've bought flowers made from fabric instead. Really sorry you're very stressed, are most things done?
Will look at your link when I'm not on my phone. I know how you feel on the dieting front, every time I try I fail but my head isn't in it and I know that's why I'm doing crappy! Do you think you need a new dress? Xx

Peonies are really tough to dry, and dead expensive! I tried drying some by hanging them upside down first but they aren't as nice as the oven ones. Still would have preferred fresh but it would have cost a fortune and I like to have my bouquet finished ASAP so it's one less thing to do. Are you still having your button bouquet?

I guess most things are done, but I still need to find enough plates and chairs and glasses from places, and sort food etc and just feel stressed and lost with it all, you know? Plus I'm freaking out about paying for everything, it's costing more than I expected!

I can't buy a new dress, if I let myself stay at a size 10/12 I'll never forgive myself and I know I'll not feel confident on the day and hate all the photos. I just have to motivate myself and lose some weight, which is fine, except that I feel so shitty and depressed when I'm dieting, but feel gross when I'm not. I wish I had some willpower!

If you find some willpower throw it my way! Nope my flowers are literally just made from fabric lol!
https://folksy.com/items/4290262-Vi...ace-and-Pearl-Bouquet-The-Shabby-Chic-bouquet
That exact bouquet but she changed the golds to a very very pale pink for me. Its really beautiful.
Yeah its all a lot to do isn't it - I've a feeling mine is also going to cost more than we thought so I've been buying things from my own bank account to try and save the wedding fund lol xx

That's so beautiful! Goes really well with the theme as well, it's all gonna be so dainty with the little tea cups and things! I've finished my bouquet so will get a photo up in a bit cos I'm not sure if I'm happy with it or not!?

Okay so here are some photos, please excuse my dad's gross vase and wall paper. It's hard to get a good photo of it and it looks nicer in real life, but you get the general idea. I wanted it to look quite natural and textured but still fitting with my theme. I didn't want it to look rounded or too bridal, so that's not a mistake that's just how I wanted it! But yeah, I know it isn't everyone's sort of thing.

https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/tomcantgetitup/1002517_10153130069805541_1109682276_n_zps3c58db6f.jpg
https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/tomcantgetitup/11172_10153130079845541_360139533_n_zps8e23b6e1.jpg
https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/tomcantgetitup/971062_10153130099130541_2103476419_n_zpsef671f3c.jpg
https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/tomcantgetitup/1174590_10153130068460541_1181141440_n_zps5503623e.jpg
https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/tomcantgetitup/1150132_10153130097890541_290969931_n_zps684f6888.jpg

Oh I love it! Its beautiful! Its will go so well with your theme, I do love the amount of effort you've put into things yourself. Xx

How are you trying to diet? If your to harsh on yourself your going to sick to it for a week or two but then end up stopping.

stalking! :flower:

Wow, the house you are using looks amazing! and your dress is stunning! How are you trying to lose weight? Maybe you should take up running as you might put less muscle on? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->