Champagne and crumpets, my November wedding blog *We did it! Photos included*

So I think Rory's outfit is decided. We got a tweed blazer from Next's autumn collection. It's 18-24 months but still too big! Hopefully he'll grow in to it! Also getting him one of those granddad shirts, and then a skinny jumper like in that photo to wear over it, and then getting some tweed trousers with braces. I need some brogues but can't find any anywhere! Also thinking maybe a yellow sock peeking out?

Had a talk with my parents the other day about things and I feel much better that it will be okay. Food wise they're gonna sort the menu out but are sticking mostly to what I wanted. For the evening buffets we're going for hot dogs with a veg option, but like nice hot dogs, honestly! Like this:

I'm a bit worried too that people are gonna drop out at the last minute cos of the distance and people are being weird with their RSVPs but I really hope not! I'm considering looking at coach hire to make it easier but don't know how on earth to go about this, anyone know!?

Also, I have built up my collection of plates so I have 40, so only a few more to get. Okay that sounds really silly but I was so stressed about having enough! Went to a car boot sale this morning though and got 20 for under a tenner!

Weird in what way? I thought people were paying for rooms? Rory's outfit sounds lovely and yellow socks would be fab!

Why don't you just email coach ompanies and ask for some quotes? Xx

I have, they haven't got back yet :dohh: If we do go for a coach though I might ask MIL nicely if she'll sort that out cos it'll be for that side and going from her home town. I don't mean pay, but just sort out who's going and maybe ask each person to pay £20 towards it or something. I can't deal with yet another thing to organise!

People are, but some people keep saying they want a room but aren't paying, and I feel really rude saying I need the cash like now. And other people have said yes in their RSVP and then gone and said no and then said yes so I'm really worried! But I guess at the end of the day our families will be there and hopefully our closest friends at least so it'll still be special.

Also, I need some sort of paper holder or frame or something to hold small signs saying things like 'seating plan' and next to the record player telling people to be their own DJ, and another by the guest book. Ideally I'd have something like this but I can't find them reasonably priced:https://fleaingfrance.bigcartel.com/product/siegel-vintage-store-display-stands

I have these already, which I actually use as Christmas ornaments at the moment, but I was wondering if they'd go okay with the theme with small signs in them, or if it'd look weird? I'm not sure. https://www.nkuku.com/Item/Kitchen_-AND-_Dining~View_All/ZU23/Zuri_Place_Name_Set.html

Coach hire wise you need to email them all of the details including time and time of return, if you're struggling to get responses by email then call them as it's easy for them to give you a quote when they have all the information they'll need. DF owns a coach company and I answer a lot of enquiries myself but you need exact details of passenger numbers/times/returns/number of pick up and drop off locations etc to know exact costs.

I love the place name holders and think they would go beautifully!

Thanks! Emma I was wondering do you have a rough estimate of how much a coach would be for 20 people (maybe 30) going from Hull to Yeovil picking up on a Tuesday morning and returning Thursday evening? Sorry if you have no idea but thought I'd ask! No idea what I should expect to pay. I did email them all the times, dates and numbers but no reply as of yet, I'd call but I really hate phones.

I just asked Nick and he said if it was his company he would charge £1200 for 20 or 30 people regardless, the reason being driving laws mean a driver can only drive for 10 hours a day and in a coach (which are speed limited to 62mph) it would likely take longer than that with traffic to get there and back in one day, meaning you'd have to pay for the driver to stay down there, plus his accommodation/meals. Also it has to be a big charge to cover the potential loss of jobs when the bus is down there but not moving. He says the best thing to do is to put the details in here:

https://www.coachhirecomparison.co.uk/

A bigger company that has a lot of staff may be able to put 2 drivers on the job and therefore be able to drive it back to Hull the same day, which will cut costs and you might be able to get it for just under a grand. So if you can get a bigger company that might be better for you on a job this size.

Thanks! Definitely not an option then. I was thinking like £400 absolute max.

To be fair I didn't realise it was so far, 281 miles!

Nick says £400 would be about the cost of the fuel alone. You could always look at hiring your own minibuses, if a driver has passed their test before 1997 they can drive up to a 17 seater, would cost around £70-90 a day plus fuel.

Have you put an enquiry through that website because one just came through for Hulland, Derbyshire? I thought it was Hull? From Hulland it would be cheaper x

:hugs: bless you, defo pass the job on. You have enough to deal with! Hope you get it sorted soon xx

Thanks hun!

Today's updates: Bought the shirt, socks and shoes for Rory's outfit. Will get a picture when they arrive. Also, I'm down to 9 stone! SO happy. But at the same time I still have so much to go that it feels I'll never get there. Gonna try my dress on again at 8.5 stone and see how much I have left, hopefully not too much! Also, going to a vintage market tomorrow to find my bracelet, ring, and headpiece. For the latter I've settled on something like a halo band, but sparkly. And I got some velvet and lace ribbon to tie from my giant balloons. Gonna do two strands on each, hopefully it'll look okay!

Yey for shopping! And well done on your weight loss, that's fantastic! Xx

How's everything coming together? Xx

So sorry, have just seen this! Okay thanks. I've nearly gotten things sorted but it's the last few DIY jobs that are stressing me out a bit, and I keep putting them off cos I'm just so tried/busy/can't be bothered! Start uni again tomorrow and my OH now has a full time job (pot washing, load of good that degree was :dohh: ) so I really don't know where I'll find the time but at least most stuff is done.

Not certain what I have to update cos I'm totally lost in what I've told you guys but my most recent development is that I decided to use some antique letter holders to hold the sign about the guest book, and the one about the table plan. I got these: https://www.etsy.com/transaction/152091997?ref=fb2_tnx_image

https://www.etsy.com/transaction/152091998?ref=fb2_tnx_image

Weight loss is going okay, I'm about 8'10. I feel huge still though. Not happy. I'm having a week off this week just for my own sanity and then getting back on my diet, in hopes of losing about another stone (which sounds loads but it'd make my BMI about 18.5 and trust me I look MASSIVE right now, so unhappy with myself).

Oh and I need a little advice! I'm having trouble getting exact numbers cos some guests are being annoyingly unsure about whether they'll be coming. I have 40 plates so far, all different, but all with a willow pattern sort of theme (mostly blue and white, but not all). The numbers might stay around 40 or may go up to about 60 (though probably nowhere near that many!) and what I'm wondering is whether to find another load of plates or whether to use five or so of the venues which can be seen here:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=411441932289176&set=o.307106799382506&type=1&ref=nf). Do you think they would go with the patterned plates and the velvet table cloths? I can't decide!

Oh and Mummy May thank you so much for sharing my article, was so lovely of you!

I like those plates, it's so annoying that they won't just give you a yes or no answer though! I'm dreading all that (not that I've even finished my invites to give people lol).
Ooh I thought your article was fab, I had a good chuckle at it! You're very witty when you write, not sure whether its intentional or not but it was a really good read!
A week off the diet is probably just what you need to be honest, it does wear you down. I'm going to make a more conscious effort from today to try and lose a stone, I've just stayed the same weight for a while and I don't wanna be the fattest person on my hen do (shallow I know lol) xx

I guess it's my fault for booking a wedding in Somerset when our guests are mostly in the North, but to be fair we didn't even know where we would be living when we booked it, it could have been that we were in Cornwall or something, so we figured the whole country was fair game :dohh: Oh well, guess it's like a destination wedding; the people who really matter will be there (I hope!).

So the blue rimmed plates are okay?

Thank you, that's so lovely of you! I wish I could speak as easily as I could write, I'm so socially awkward!

I know what you mean, my big sister is going on a diet and I am like WHAT?! How dare you, what if I'm the chubbiest person at my own wedding?! And I'm not the sort of person who can pull of chubby either. Since the last time I posted here I had three massive binge days. And then I felt really really gross. So back on my diet now. I'm down to 8'9. I really don't look it though. Tried my dress on and it fits but it's tight around my tummy which obviously isn't a good look (I'm not being paranoid, my mum agreed) so hopefully the last stone will come off of tummy mostly. And maybe a little bit off of my bingo wings, and a lot off of my chubby face, and then I'll be sorted! I think I will forever celebrate my anniversary as never having to wear a wedding dress again day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->