Chances of induction

Flannz94

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I just found out my OH is going to be enlisted in the Australian Defence Force on the 24th of feb (which means he'll be gone for 80 days). My due date is 17th of jan, what are the chances of them inducing me a week or so early so he can have some more time with our little man?

Thanks xx

Without any complications I'd say they are slim. But i guess it depends on the medical provider. Are you public or private? You might get some willing to do a stretch n sweep early.

Inductions do come with their own risks including am increased chance of a birth requiring assistance either (forceps or c-section). Inductions can be a lot.tougher than natural labours too. I'm not trying to fear monger you, inductions can go very well also. I had an incredibly successfull and wonderful induction with my 2nd. I'm just trying to make a point that they are a medical procedure in it's own, so aren't just given to whoever wants them.

But like i said it also depends on your medical care. My friend is private and got one early. My friend was lublic and the earliest they'd put her in was at 14 days over due :-/ but if hospitals arent busy (you have to be booked in) they might not have a problem putting you in. I guess it all depends. Where is Aus are you?

I'm public and in NSW. I think I'm just wishful thinking unfortunately but it would be nice if OH could get some extra time in before his enlistment. If they don't agree to it probably just try natural induction ideas at 38 weeks ;)

There's a lot that goes on for baby between 37 and 40 weeks and a reason they hang around in the womb till they're ready to pop! I totally understand why you want your other half to meet baby, but consider why you're not in labour sooner and the reasons for it before doing anything drastic :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->