Change of heart...

jlw617

Mom to 2 girls
Reaction score
I will make a very long story short...we thought we were done having children after our second was born, about 4 years later we decided we wanted more, possibly 2 or more, I was in my 20s when I had my 1st 2, my little boy was just born 5 weeks ago and I'm 33, I know some women have babies into their early 40s but boy, this pregnancy and now newborn thing is a totally different ballgame for me this time! I'm pretty sure we are done now, I just physically dont feel like I can do it all over again! Anyone feel like that was a contributing factor for not having more? I feel kind of selfish for my decision.

I've never been clucky for another until my babies were over one. This time I am going with my head and even when the urge strikes again I am done LOL I am nearly 37 so I'm telling myself I am too old now and have enough children already :haha:

Honestly, this pretty much is my reason for not having any more! I suck at being pregnant And find the newborn stage so tedious and difficult it's killing me to do it twice. I'm not all that keen on the first year either. I was sorely tempted to stop at one only I didn't want my DD to be an only child.
However my DD is now 2.5 and I could stay at this stage forever, she is amazing and I absolutely love it, I might have a third if I could give birth to a 2 year old lol!
Don't beat yourself up, everyone has their reasons for their family size and there is no right and wrong, and there's probably an element of selfishness in all of them!

Yes it's definitely a factor for me. I'll be 31 when this baby is born and didn't really want to be having children into my late 30s or 40s so i'm glad this is our third and last. My mum had my sister and 41 and said she felt a lot more tired then when she had me at 36.

I was also in my twenties when I had my first two and had LO at 33. Definitely done now and I don't care if my reasons are selfish, I couldn't go through that again, I need my body to function. Besides I'm no use to my existing children if I am suffering. We have to be practical xx

Felling like you can't physically go through another pregnancy is definitely a legitimate reason not to have any more children. I think if you ally were desperate for more children you would want to have them despite how physically tough the prospect would seem; my 2nd pregnancy was rough on me physically but I was so ready to do it again, my 3rd was much easier but I'm much less inclined to do it again and remembering the physically tough parts. I'm taking that as a sign that I'm done.

Yes it's definitely a factor for me. I'll be 31 when this baby is born and didn't really want to be having children into my late 30s or 40s so i'm glad this is our third and last. My mum had my sister and 41 and said she felt a lot more tired then when she had me at 36.

I'm the same. I'm currently expecting our second and am 31, I was 28 when I had our son.

Enough for us. I loathe pregnancy, and this time have a pretty painful hernia that will need repairing afterwards and I just don't think my body would cope again.

Were happy enough sticking at 2, we want to be able to afford everything we need for them rather than stretching it too thin. I'm sure I'll feel pangs of regret after this one though.

Yes, there are several reasons that mean we are 'done' but one of them is certainly the physical side and the tiredness. I was 30 when we had DS1 and 35 when DS2 came along. The thought of being pregnant again really doesn't appeal lol!

Same here, I'm 33. We were going to stick at two anyway but after a rough pregnancy I'm more than done. I'm cheering myself through each sleep regression thinking this is the last ever 4 month one, the last ever six month growth spurt, etc.

I definitely don't have the energy to do it again and I still have pgp as well.

I was 34 with my first who is 2.5 years old, and 36 with my last, who is now 16 months old. I am utterly and completely exhausted all of the time, even with an extremely healthy diet, adequate sleep, etc. Feeling too old to have another is a totally legitimate reason for not having doing it all over again. I feel like I COULD have a third baby, but then I just don't know how I'd swing it with the other two, as I'm hanging by a thread already. LOL!

Same here, I'm 33. We were going to stick at two anyway but after a rough pregnancy I'm more than done. I'm cheering myself through each sleep regression thinking this is the last ever 4 month one, the last ever six month growth spurt, etc.

Lol I'm also 33 and I was afraid I was the only one who does this! 'I never have to do this again' has become my mantra. I also just keep looking at my 2.5 year old and thinking this is what I'll have in a couple of years - keep going!

I was 36 when kiddo was born and 38 for munchkin. I'm done. D. O. N. E. Haha! I don't know what it would be like having a kiddo at a younger age but I know for sure that my second pregnancy was much harder on me than my first.

I just don't like being pregnant. I love the babies but definitely not the being pregnant part.

I honestly don't think it's selfish. I think if you feel like it would be too hard on you then it's the best decision for you and your family.

Lol I'm also 33 and I was afraid I was the only one who does this! 'I never have to do this again' has become my mantra. I also just keep looking at my 2.5 year old and thinking this is what I'll have in a couple of years - keep going!

I'm definitely going to be checking off every tooth in her red book as it comes through and I think I'll throw a party for the last one. Imagine never having a teething baby ever again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->