Change of interests/starting early

babybear11

Mom to 2 beautiful boys!
Reaction score
Hey :flower:

What so you all do it's your LO's suddenly change there interests?

Lo has suddenly really got into Ben and holly! So I'm going to buy him the castle car people and a couple of playlets ...

On top of this I have him a dusty planes bike, jake play set, Imaginext castle, three imaginext dinosaurs, tesko dog, dusty tilt and fly, superhero figures, books, DVDs, new pjs, dressing gown, Xmas day outfit and board games ..

I then have a couple of dress up to buy him but I think other than bits and bobs I'd like to say he's finished!

He has a good 35 presents which I think is plenty! :thumbup:

So what would you do if they ask for something different closer to the time??

I now REGRET being so organised !!!!!! :cry:

My DD was/still is a big Peppa fan from the age of 18 months but refrained from going OTT with Peppa stuff for Christmas as she had loads for her 2nd birthday in October. She likes Ben and Holly as an alternative. Now she's getting into Disney Princess and Lego (3 in October) but still crazes over Peppa and asks for Peppa things.

Just mix up the themes a little and don't focus on one "programme", they will be into anything you want them to be into.

I get a little bit of characters she likes but don't go overboard in case she loses interest, and if she did I would just regift those things to other people. However this is unlikely to happen with Dd as she seems to be very specific with what she likes and doesn't seem to grow out of characters or go through phases really.

I'm nearly finished buying for DD but I'll also hold back say £30 until late nov/early dec in case she sees something that I haven't got her.

I'm kind of lucky in that OHs family leave Xmas shopping to the very last minute so I can always rely on them to accommodate any unexpected last minute wants from DD.

This is why I don't start so early any more. I don't think its so much a problem if they suddenly start really liking something else AS WELL because I'd just add to their piles. Maybe keep a few other bits back for another time if close to a birthday or whatever. But its when they suddenly decided that something is for babies and rubbish. A friend of mines daughter was MAJORLY One Direction obsessed. She got her so much 1D stuff. The end of Nov/beginning of Dec last year she overheard her daughter and her friend saying how they didn't like 1D any more and they were rubbish.

My son has asked for everything dinosaur related I'm just praying he still likes them at Xmas
He doesn't really watch TV or films except dinosaur documentaries so hopefully I will be on. I will get some dusty stuff as I expect planes 2 will be out for xmas

Im defo going to just save next year, although I've picked up somefab bargains I bet I end up spending more lol. X

i did this last year i'd bought chuggington things (luckily not much) and he went off it. they did come in handy for other kids bday/xmas so werent wasted.
i think they will still like the same things come xmas as morgans just really went into the superhero phase and harvey loves jake atnlp and thomas which i think are ones that last a bit longer than say iggle piggle or the likes (which he does love atm)

I try to stick to mostly generic toys,so her bday is a till and Xmas is playmobil. I will buy disney princess as she's been into that forever.

Generally I save buying the big gifts until later for just this reason. DD1 is constantly changing her mind about what she wants, lol. I tend to just buy things that she's been asking for consistently over the year or know that she will play with a lot like Legos. Once we get closer to Christmas I'll start thinking about character stuff for her. She was really into Monster High for example last Christmas but by the time her birthday had rolled around she had moved on to other things and now rarely touches her dolls, DD2 uses them more, lol. She was into Frozen big time for awhile and now no longer, currently it's Simpsons and the Clone Wars, but we'll see if that sticks. :)

It doesn't matter so much for DD2 because of her age, I find that she likes and uses most things she's been given but I still won't get her main gift until closer to xmas. She's recently really gotten into Jake and the Neverland Pirates for example and I'm thinking of getting her a playset or three from that but don't want to go overboard in case she ends up moving on so I'm waiting on it.

He will only be three and half so I'm hoping it will all be fab cos Santa brought it! Just kicking myself for jot waiting!

I'm trying to buy just generic stuff like his main gift from Santa is the big playmobil school to avoid this.

This is my reason for not starting early with DS1, he is 5 next month and I just know he will change what he wants, so I put money away every month. With DS2 he is going to be easy to buy for so need to hold back!

when my boys were smaller they would be into stuff for aaaaages, so was easy to buy things well in advance and they'd still love it. Its as they have got older, really after they started primary school, they started being influenced by friends and I had to start holding off.

I get things like ds games and stuff earlier then character stuff more towards Xmas, I'm quite lucky though that they tend to like the one thing for a while

Yip happened to me last year with DD she was all about peppa pig so I grab loads of stuff in the Summer sales etc only for November/December to come and all she now wants Santa to bring is Doc Mcstuffins and Princess Sofia :dohh:
So I just bought one or two small things to do with them and luckily her birthday is in Feb so I actually had things to buy for her that she wanted :happydance:
This year I have absolutely no idea what to buy for her so I'm not having last years problem lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->