Changing bag- what should it have? Any recommendations?

Mazzymoo

Pregnant with first
Reaction score
Almost there with my shopping list for baby- but I still haven't got a changing bag and don't really know what to look for.

There seems to be a big difference in prices - so what features should I be looking out for? Do you have any recommendations and why?

Any particular makes that r very good?

Thanks! :thumbup:

I am a changing bag addict. I have three!!! I cannot recommend the storksak ones enough. There is a video demo of the bags on their website. I have the storksak Olivia, was fortunate my sister gifted me the storksak Elizabeth n I've got a pink lining mama et bebe which I got in the sales. All 3 are fab n I plan to use all 3!

Would've posted links/pics but my phone is playing up!

I also recommend the pink lining bags - they are beautiful! I have the yummy mummy bag and love it, loads of space, plenty of pockets and it looks fab too x

I don't have one yet but what I'm looking for is something washable with a lining that can be wiped up easily with lots of pockets and compartments that isn't too bulky. Pretty would be nice too. Some I've seen have built in changing pads but I'm not so sure I like that feature. I have a seperate one I plan to carry in the bag instead. Have fun shopping for yours!

I am an addict too.

My favourite is my JuJuBe Be All as it had great pockets and compartments and is a good size without looking too huge.

This video shows it off well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjBkZvXdcv8&sns=em

It does look like a changing bag though. So for days when I need to look a bit more sophisticated I have a BabyMel satchel. But it doesn't have the lovely pockets/compartments to organise my bits in like the Be All so I can't think it'll be my main bag.

Seeing as the Be All will spend most of its time attached to the buggy I don't mind that its baby looking if that makes sense?

These are photos of mine (third is the one that came with my travel system but its kind of small)

JuJuBe Be All

https://www.jellybeangroup.co.uk/images/www.jellybeangroup.co.uk/extralarge/021741Ju-Ju-Be_Be_All_Lotus_Lullaby.jpg

BabyMel

https://www.babygosling.co.uk/ekmps/shops/babygosling/images/babymel-stripe-sachel-changing-bag-1706-p.jpg

Freebie one (Cosatto Giggle)

https://onlinebabycentre.co.uk/386-1323-large/cosatto-giggle-golightly-.jpg

Hey I have a Pitterpac bag, was lucky enough to be given one as a present - its big enough for all the things I need for toddler and this one on the way with waterproof pockets etc inside. The thing I like best is that it looks like a designer handbag and is made from gorgeous soft leather so it should last forever www.pitterpac.com

Check out OiOi. Lovely sturdy bags which don't look like changing bags and are individual. Never encountered anyone with the same bag (unlike Yummy Mummy, everyone here has one of those!) and got lots of compliments.

I have JJ Cole mixed leaf (bought it from Amazon) and I love it. Not too expensive, lots of room and pockets etc. reviews say trouble fitting in tommee tippee bottles but I'll be breastfeeding again so no drama.

there are so many to choose from now, i do like the mamami changing bags.

I bought a pink lining bag in the sale, love it! Look for something with a good amount of space with pockets, a change mat, wet bag. I like the pink lining as there is space for your mobile phone & other belongings if you do not want to take an additional handbag out with you.

For me it needs to be spacious, washable, have at least an included change mat and lots of pockets inside. A wet bag is useful too though my changing bag didnt come with one, you can get them from eBay seperately for about £2 anyway. My bag cost only £12.95 and is huge. I have used it to take 9 Medela bottles, 1 breastflow bottle, breastpump in box, steriliser bags and a cool bag with cool pack to my in laws and there is still space left in it! Xx

Since lo was born I have had 5 changing bags and she is only 15 months lol!! I now buy a small holdall and chuck it under the pram and its big enough for both babies! sometimes I just carry a packet of wipes and a few nappies with me as its all she needs in a carrier bag lol

Mine is just a babies r us black and fushia messenger style bag.

It was reduced to £20 and I had a £10 voucher so it only cost me £10.

For me I wanted a practical bag which had plenty of space and pockets for everything I'd need.

I saw some more expensive ones but I couldn't bring myself to spend that much on a hanging bag. At least with this one I'm not going to be distraught if it gets a bit of sick or poo on it. I can just wipe it down and off I go.

i got a paul frank bag off ebay - it's black with pink piping and a monkey face on it. It has changing mat and burp cloth included in it. I liked that it was a bit different and cheeky looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->