Changing bag - your bag or babies bag?

Smudge101

Reaction score
I'm team yellow and I'm currently shopping for a changing bag.

Do you consider your changing bag to be your bag or the babies? I guess what I mean is would you buy yourself a more girlie changing bag even if you were having a boy or would you stick with more neutral colour?

I consider it more my bag, I have bought a lovely pink lining bag in the sale they had. The outside is kind of gender neutral & not too girly so hubby doesn't feel like a dope lugging it around..the lining is obv pink though, but I figure it will always be so full of stuff that you won't see it too much. I am having a boy.

https://babycare.bcare.co.uk/shop/1982-pink-lining-queensdale-tote-blue-bouquet.html

I have a black bag with monkey on it. Cool enough for it to be a hold all for me but also functional as baby bag with change met etc

I'm looking for something neutral so Hubbie can go out with it and not feel like he's carrying a woman's bag! so I guess I consider it ' our' bag ( mine and Hubbies) more so than babies

My bag definitely.

I wont be carrying a handbag, so in effect the change bag is now my handbag therefore belongs to me. I just happen to carry babies things in it.

I see it more as my own. My mom got me a diaper bag for my baby shower, I love the IU Hoosiers so she ordered one with their logo on it. For Father's Day, I'm getting my husband a Green Bay Packers diaper bag off Amazon and saying it's from Aisling. Maybe I'll put a bottle of whiskey in it for him lol.

My bag 100%. I doubt my little princess will care what I am carrying, and I think of it as my purse for the next while.

Hubby got me a Coach diaper bag for Christmas (outlet pricing too!). I am looking forward to wearing it :)

I'm trying to stick neutral so that o/h doesn't mind carrying it around but that pretty much leaves me with black.

there's a brand of nappy bag designed by men that look really good and have quite a good color range bit I can't think of the name of it ! I'll update the thread if it comes to me

It is definitely mums bag. It is the mum who will be carrying it after all.

I got a pink lining bag so it has plenty of room for baby things and is still a bag for me too. But we will have to get one for DH to use at some point too.

Our changing bag basically goes with baby (for when me or my husband have them) so it's ours, I guess. Although at this point in life, it's more
Likely one of us has a diaper and pack of wipes in a pocket or purse somewhere, and we keep a change of clothes/etc in the car. I never use much more.

MINE!!!!

hubby uses the free bag we got from boots if he's out on his own, well that was the plan, he's been known to carry each of my pretty changing bags and doesn't bat an eye lid.

that said same bloke would carry my handbag if i asked him

With first baby I would shove her bits in my normal bag but now I've just had my 2nd DD I've bought a babymel black bag which kinda looks like a normal handbag and my oh also said he likes it too and he happy chucks it over his shoulder x

I actually haven't bought a bag yet, but what I did was ask my DH if he cares what it looks like in case he has to carry it. He says he doesn't, as we don't anticipate him going anywhere with the baby without me for a while anyway. I'll either make do with my current purse and just allocate a small space to baby things, or I'll get a changing bag that looks like a purse. I don't want to carry both!

I never carried a separate bag and purse. The diaper bag was mine. This time though, I let DH pick it out and he wanted the fisher price black back pack. Our 5 year old will most likely want to carry it. it's very neutral as DH was always stuck carrying my pink bags in the past as I wore the baby in a sling

My changing bag is pretty girly it's one I had made using a lilac and turquoise liberty print. We are having a boy but I fell in love with it so hell have to put up with it. Lol
I bought dh a dc back pack in black and white as its his fave brand in case he ever goes anywhere without me and he keeps it in the car ready. I'll probably still carry a proper handbag though so I guess it's baby's bag but I didn't really pay attention to gender.

I'm going with a neutral one, dark gray with a green lining.

Though I'm having a boy, I was definitely taking my husband's dignity into account. I wasn't going to choose something covered in baby designs that he'd be embarrassed to be seen carrying.

Plus, if it holds up until there's no more need for a changing bag, it'll work for an overnight bag or something without it being obviously re-purposed. I'm really hoping, since it's a nice heavy duty one from fisher-price.

But in the long run most baby stuff is for the parents. The baby doesn't care what it's dressed in, or what the diaper bag looks like, or what color it's car seat/stroller/carrier/whatever is.

I use the baby bag as my own hand bag, so I prefer it not to be baby-themed. I recently bought mine on Babyologie UK and I receive so many compliments on it.

I hope it helps

My bag! As ill prob use it as my handbag also!

I am just using one my friend gave me. It wasn't big enough for her twins. It's cream with a black floral design on. Have the plain black one you get free from boots for when hubby takes him out or to give the bag to a family member if they do also. Then I always have that bag with me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->