Charlie had Meningitis

Omg hun what a nightmare :nope: I am so glad you have a happy outcome and just give Charlie an extra slobbery kiss from all of us :hugs:

xoxox

:rofl: i will do hehe xx

thanks everyone, i feel a bit upset i think im a bit shocked this acually happend to him i always thought what if he got something like all mothers do i suppose but when it happens you just cant believe its happning im so scared that he will get poorly again i just wanna wrap him up in cotton wool xxx

Aw :( That must have been awful. I little girl a few doors up from me got it when she was 10 months, and doctors kept sending her home saying it was just a heat rash and a bug..she was an hour or so from death when the paramedics got here.

I'm glad Charlies well again, and thanks for the information. I wouldnt think to check the whole rash as I assumed the glass check could be on any one part of the rash x

That sounds very scary :( Im pleased little Charlie is feeling better.

xxx

Ahhh Coz, sorry to hear about poor little Charlie big :hugs: from me and Louis...

OMG what a fright you must have had! Really glad he is doing better now :hug:

How do babies get it?Can we prevent it or vaccinate against it?

:hug::kiss:

Lots of hugs and kisses to your little fighter!!!And a medal to his tired mommy!:hug:

I cant imagine anything more frightnening. I bet you didn't have a wink of sleep in that week.
Thank God he is on the mend now though. :hugs:
Just goes to show, for all the times we worry that we are being a bother to drs and such and calling them, it's worth it for that one time that it turns out to be serious.
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

How do babies get it?Can we prevent it or vaccinate against it?

there are different types but the main 2 bacterial which is the worst meningitis and can be caught through germs or someone you know having it and charlie had the viral type which can just be through someone having a cough, cold or sore throat and spreading that way, i think they do have vaccines against certain meningitis types xx

I cant imagine anything more frightnening. I bet you didn't have a wink of sleep in that week.
Thank God he is on the mend now though. :hugs:
Just goes to show, for all the times we worry that we are being a bother to drs and such and calling them, it's worth it for that one time that it turns out to be serious.
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

yeah you cant be too carefull
i mostly slept in the day when my partner was there as he had to come home to sleep it was horrible in the evening you could just hear crying babies all night xx

OMG!!!

sorry to hear that hun :hug:

I am a little bit confused about the health care you got. they make so much fuzz about the vaccinations that all folks is protected against meningitis and when a LO has it, they are unable to diagnose it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am fuming now :evil:

Only just seen this thread...so glad he's ok :hugs: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"