charting help?

purplelou

Mummy to Lana Erin
Reaction score
Hi ladies - I am new to charting - just started end of last cycle - but so far this cycle there doesn't seem to be a pattern forming. I thought I had ovulated around CD11.....but it's all been up and down really - any words of wisdom ??

thank you x :thumbup:

You have several open circles...are they missed temps? This could be why you don't have your crosshairs yet.

FF needs about 6 days of lower temp before the O spike before it will draw the crosshairs and confirm O you might want to tick the discard box on Cd8 and see if it then draws the crosshairs

The open circles are when you take your temp outside the normal time - FF NO LIKEY

do you mean the white dots?? I have taken my temp every day with no misses - I am not sure why they are white....

There is a setting for your default time (usually the time you set your alarm clock for) and if FF sees your time as being much outside that, it has the blank circle

thanks Northstar. I usually temp at 6.30 - but those temps with a white dot are between 7.00 and 7.30 - blimey - FF doesn't give much leeway does it

reading the manual thingy, it seems to suggest it shouldn't make that much difference - perhaps I shouldn't tell FF if I have a half hour extra sleep. lol

do you mean the white dots?? I have taken my temp every day with no misses - I am not sure why they are white....

In order to maximize on info gleaned from BBT monitoring, ideally you should be taking your temp at exactly the same time every day. For example, I take mine at 6:55AM without miss, even setting my alarm on weekends to make sure that I take it. I keep a note pad next to the bed to jot it down and go back to sleep. When you start taking temp consistantly at the same time, you won't have those open white circles and your chart will become very reliable!

If you take your temp late, you will be warmer - which will make an arse of your chart unfortunately.

I use this site to see what my temp WOULD have been if I sleep in - and add this to my notes in FFhttps://www.whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php

In order to maximize on info gleaned from BBT monitoring, ideally you should be taking your temp at exactly the same time every day. For example, I take mine at 6:55AM without miss, even setting my alarm on weekends to make sure that I take it. I keep a note pad next to the bed to jot it down and go back to sleep. When you start taking temp consistantly at the same time, you won't have those open white circles and your chart will become very reliable!

I'm pretty consistent when my OH is away at work for 2 weeks, but when he's home he's a major cuddler as well, so sometimes I have to discard a temp as I wake up being cuddled to death :sleep:

reading the manual thingy, it seems to suggest it shouldn't make that much difference - perhaps I shouldn't tell FF if I have a half hour extra sleep. lol

I don't tell it, lol.

I temp anywhere between 5-6 am. If it's really off, I adjust myself (which is a no-no, but I'm not exactly new to charting).

I don't tell it, lol.

I temp anywhere between 5-6 am. If it's really off, I adjust myself (which is a no-no, but I'm not exactly new to charting).

I do the same thing, lol.:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->