Charting ovulation with Mirena?

Minkel23

Mum to one little boy and one little girl
Reaction score
This is such an odd question, but it's been puzzling me. My husband and I have one little boy now aged 28 months. We would like to have another baby, but because of certain upcoming life events, have to be precise with when we conceive. I still have a Mirena in situ, but will be having it removed in two months. I would like to start charting ovulation so that I can give it our best shot during the months when we can conceive, and then avoid intercourse on the months when getting pregnant would be problematic.

My question is, can you start charting ovulation with a Mirena coil still implanted? It was my understanding that it does not affect ovulation, but I can't seem to find a definitive answer anywhere?

Thanks.x

I would say you could but the chances are upon removal it may completely change your cycles etc

You can try but I echo what Ginge said, having it removed sometimes changes your cycles completely unfortunately.

I'd probably say no harm in trying though because at least you'll get a picture of what it's like now and if it does change then at least you tried your best and fingers crossed it won't change!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->