cheap tests vs branded tests

Stacey_89

Team PINK
Reaction score
so this week im debating what test to buy!
with my daughter I had a BFP with a boots home brand.

just wondering if anyone has used the poundshop tests??
I dont want to be spending loads on tests just to get bfn!
but if I was to get bfp then I would retest with a branded one just to be sure.
a few people have said they got their bfp with a poundshop test.

I got the pregnancy strip test from Amazon and I didn't even get a evap line when using them .. I think I had duds .. I've have had bfps ,some faint with the store ones in past .. I think they was boots as well lol and tescos .. When i test again I'll try the store one first then get a digital one after.X.

You could try a few of the pound shop ones.. And see .. X.

I bought ICs off Amazon and was still getting BFNs 5 days after AF was due. Think I paid £2.50 (maybe £3.50?) for 2 in Tesco and they came up BFP within about 15 seconds. Currently 9 weeks pregnant with a perfectly healthy little bean :) xx

The dollar store tests where I live aren't as sensitive but they still work very well. I hate the internet cheapies, I always get evaps on mine :(

When i did get pregnant twice got clear enough decent lines on internet cheapie sticks & frer at 9dpo

Have never tried pound shop ones or any others apart from ic, frer & clear blue digi. I think ic are ok if your not testing too early as i find myself squinting but from experience when it has been a bfp for real there was no meed to squint think rest of times there's imaginary lines lol

I'm debating this as well. AF is now 6 days late (only other time I've been this late before is with DS) and I've had 3 BFNs so far. One was clear blue digital on day AF was due, then the other two have been First Response (including one this morning). So I've spent a small fortune so far and still no AF in sight - plus I have really sore boobs.

I'm thinking about buying a cheaper brand and I've read that Superdrug own brand are actually the best and most sensitive tests you can get on the high street, so I'm going to buy a couple to see if they put me out of my misery. PLus they're loads cheaper than FR or CB :thumbup:

Has anyone used Superdrug?

yes I hears superdrug ones are good
had a lool and they are £2.99 single pack £4.99 double pack :) but im holding off now until AF is actually late. x

I got a cheap poas preg strip from asda (freedom) they look just like the ones I got off amozon but much thinner.. Lol.. If AF don't arrive Tomoz (cd32) or Sunday ... Then I'll wait until cd44 if AF hasn't showed as that's the longest cycle I've ever had (once back in August last year. But I'll defo get the superdrug test if they are much better..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->