checking cervix?

jellybeansmum

Reaction score
ok so i tried to have a feel but tbh i cant work out what im feeling!! theres no 'nose' that i used to feel when we were trying its more spongy but its hard to tell cos i cant really reach i can only feel around where the bone bit is, you know what i mean?!lol
is anyone else able to work theirs out?

Uh.. Yeah i know mine like the back of my hand but haven't the faintest what you meant there lol

Pregnancy can make your cervix feel completely different, apparently. I never checked mine prior to being pregnant, and the huge belly plus a high cervix made it impossible to even reach the last time I tried, so I've just given up. :haha: I've got weekly appointments now, so I'll just let my doctor tell me what's going on up in there!

Have you looked up what the different percentages of effacement are supposed to feel like? Maybe you're effaced a little bit which is why it feels more spongey than nose-y. :shrug:

LOL.. I attempted this... and just got myself confused. Aside from the fact that it's SO hard to reach it myself... once I did reach it, I was like, "Ok... now what?" I tried to get some good descriptions online, but just got pictures of varying sized circles and finger estimations... not helpful if you haven't felt 2-gazillion cervixes (cervices? what's the plural...? :haha:) before.

I wouldn't bother... aside from the fact that you'll likely freak yourself out... you COULD give yourself an infection, and the knowledge doesn't really do anything for you even if you DO know for sure how you're dilating...

So I figured I was really doing all those wet acrobatics for nothing. ;)

I agree with the other ladies, its easy to get to know yourself up there when you know what you should be feeling, and pregnancy does change it but im confused why tou have a bone bit up there? :shock:

my cervix is quite soft and spongy but ive been checking it throughout my pregnancy and did with ds2 as well so i know what im feeling

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->