Checking in with my midwest girls!

Well ladies, I didn't get the progress I was hoping for. I'm 2-3cm now and only 40% effaced. To too things off, doctor estimates baby weighs around 7.5 lbs. Last week she said 6.5 lbs. I don't like this 1 lb a week jump..... I have 2 weeks or more to go...... I am not having a 9 pounder! I told DH that I'm done. Not having anymore sex, I was only doing it for the labor and it isn't working lol. I don't feel like it and I'm sick of stressing it already. Baby will come when baby comes. I wave the white flag. I surrender. I don't want these last weeks to feel like an eternity. Hopefully baby decides to be kind and come sooner rather than later. :)

well! I had my baby on Sept. 21 at 10:42am. She is PERFECT!! she is the best baby. She doesn't cry and is beyond calm, must take after her dad:) I was induced on the 20th due to high bp out of the blue and sudden weight gain and my hands were really bloated and bad reflexes. I was given a gel and that didn't work, broke my water and that didn't work, then pitocin, which I didn't want. I went 14 hours and got the epi and 45 min later pushed her out! It took 12 contractions and she was out. It was the most amazing thing I have ever experienced, I want to go back and do it all over again!! She was 7.5 lbs and 20.5 in. she latched on right away after birth and is doing great at breast feeding. She takes after her mom and sleeps a lot! she gets up between every 3-4 hours to eat and goes back to bed at night, so I am well rested and feel great. I have to say, labor was not at all bad, it hurt don't get me wrong, but it was not horrible. here is her pic from yesterday.

Attachments

• leila.jpg
    leila.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 1
well! I had my baby on Sept. 21 at 10:42am. She is PERFECT!! she is the best baby. She doesn't cry and is beyond calm, must take after her dad:) I was induced on the 20th due to high bp out of the blue and sudden weight gain and my hands were really bloated and bad reflexes. I was given a gel and that didn't work, broke my water and that didn't work, then pitocin, which I didn't want. I went 14 hours and got the epi and 45 min later pushed her out! It took 12 contractions and she was out. It was the most amazing thing I have ever experienced, I want to go back and do it all over again!! She was 7.5 lbs and 20.5 in. she latched on right away after birth and is doing great at breast feeding. She takes after her mom and sleeps a lot! she gets up between every 3-4 hours to eat and goes back to bed at night, so I am well rested and feel great. I have to say, labor was not at all bad, it hurt don't get me wrong, but it was not horrible. here is her pic from yesterday.

She's so beautiful! Congrats Liz! I felt the same way about labor after the first time! It hurt, but truly the experience is amazing and nothing can compare to it. Nothing quite like giving life and holding your baby for the first time! Labor doesn't frighten me at all! I'm so glad it was such a good experience for you!!

Beautiful little girl, Liz! Your labor story is a bit different than mine, but it sounds like our babies are exactly the same in temperament. I also had high BP, but I was already in active labor when I went into the hospital and my high BP was cause by my contractions and the stress that came with them. Of course they induced me anyway to get things moving faster because of the high BP, but my water had already broken on its own and I was 5 cm dilated and my contractions were 2-5 minutes apart when they transferred me from triage to labor and delivery.

OMG!!! LIz she is so cute Love it!!! I can not wait. I am so miserable I lay down majority of the time as sitting up causes painful BH. But docs said a few weeks ago that if I can breathe through them they are not labor. I have a scan and doc appt. tomorrow and will be scheduling my induction date of Oct. 17th. No one who sees me thinks I will make it that far as I am 2-3 cm dilated already so we shall see.

You'd be surprised how long you can make it dilated so far! I was 4cm for a couple weeks with ds with lots of bedrest.

Congrats Liz! She's beautiful! :)

I'm so ready to be done!! I told the OH if she doesn't come soon we are having sex whether he likes it or not lol. We haven't dtd in ages, but not for lack of wanting on my end. I am so uncomfortable every day. 38 weeks and I'm going to start the eviction process with sex and trying to take walks. I had to miss my appt this week so I don't know if there has been any change. We shall see next week.

induction date is scheduled. October 13th I will be exactly 37 weeks. So, 9 days

Are you nervous Peanut!? I'm so excited for you!! And I'm not going to lie, if you end up having your little girl before I do, I'm going to be insanely jealous!! lol

Exciting!! I am so wishing I was having a baby right now....... instead I spent the night baking 4 batches of cookies, without a single dang contraction! What is wrong with my body!? One min I was thinking the time was near and now there's just nothing happening.. so frustrated...

36 weeks and only 7 days to go before my induction and finally meeting my baby girl.

Peanut! I'm so excited for you!! You have to cherish the moment she comes out and they put her on you. I want to go back and relive that moment. Ill keep checking to see if anything happens till then! Good luck

So exciting peanut! :)

Craftymama: I'm convinced that my body won't go into labor on it's own. We'll see in the future, but I just can't help but believe it lol

I never had a problem laboring before! This pregnancy feels like it will never end. I am currently going on 2 hours awake choking on the intense heartburn that suddenly woke me. I just want this baby to come! I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow, never been this pregnant before and am super worried I'll be pushing out a 9 pound baby. Doctor said last Wed baby felt 7 1/2 lbs. A 1 lb. jump from the previous week. I dread hearing how much she thinks baby is today lol. Hoping I'm at least close to 4cm when she checks me, or at least really thinned out! I go back to work November 1st, baby or no baby.... what the heck was I thinking....

I just discovered peanutmomma was in labor the other day. No updates since yesterday but Tower6 was updating in the third tri bumps section. Yesterday she was 4cm and they were doing a drip to induce. Hopefully baby is here and we'll get an update soon!

OH I haven't checked the bump thread for a little while, I hope everything is ok with her and little Zaya!!! Wishing them both the very best!

For myself, 38 weeks and some semi uncomfortable period cramping this morning after DTD last night. I go in soon so I'm hoping to hear that there has been progression from the last time. This little one is so low I can barely keep her covered with any of my shirts... I feel like my belly is always peaking out and it drives me nuts!~

Me too, this started the 6th it sounds like and I hadn't checked since before that so I just saw it all today.

I go in at 5pm for my 39week appt. Begging her to do a sweep haha. Last night the sharp shooting pains in my lady parts was so bad I couldn't sit. Baby kept doing SOMETHING down there that was NOT comfy. I keep hearing "you haven't even dropped" but I don't think people realize just how high this baby once sat. I couldn't breathe most of the time. I can feel that baby is much lower than previously, even if it doesn't look like it. If I'm not effaced more at the very least, I'm going to lose it and cry right there.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->