Checking in with my midwest girls!

Hello ladies! :wave: I am loving this thread! I love seeing other Midwesterners around here :thumbup:
My name is Katie and I live in Apple Valley, MN. My DH and I got married last October. I have a 4yo DD. Looks as though #2 is going to be a girl as well!

Welcome! White Bear Lake here!

Cold here too! We lucked out, it snowed but no actual accummulation. It was a rain/snow mix moreso. I hear Owatanna got nailed hard though :( power lines and trees down since the snow is SO heavy. Can't wait for the warm up!
This is so bizarre because a friend of ours in Farmington said their power was out too and they got nailed. Yet here I am less than 10 minutes away from there and we didn't have any accumulation either...Odd... Looked like Faribault got it handed to them too.

Looks like a couple more days and it should warm up a little. I need to get my pregnant butt outside and moving. I get so tired being cooped up inside!
Yes! It was so nice to get outside for a few days. We went to the Twins game last Saturday and it was absolutely gorgeous! DD is anxious to get outside more too!

here is my bump ladies!! It came in over night yesterday and this morning!!
That's a lovely bump :D

Welcome Katie! :wave: :flower:

Adorable bump, Liz, and congrats on finding out that it's a girl!

I have my gender scan on Monday. I'm so excited to find out for sure what this baby is (my guess is team :pink: though). :happydance:

It's snowing here, but very lightly. I don't imagine that it will stick and it will probably be gone tomorrow or the day after.

hey ladies!! Geez, I haven't talked with you guys in weeks!!! How are you all?? I am good. I finally woke up yesterday with a bump and got an even bigger one this morning:) I found out a couple weeks ago it's a girl. I am thrilled:) I feel good and my sinus infection is finally gone after a long painful month. When are you guys moving into 2nd tri??

Liz my friend you made it home and on here Yippee!!! I have missed you but didn't want to keep bugging you on your visit with family!!! I am so happy now. I have my 12 week scan pictures I want to show you. So So sO glad you are here with us now

hey! I am glad to be back.. but now I am in North Carolina!! haha. I feel like I am never home lately. I missed you guys. About the boobs, yes, mine were fine and now my nipples are KILLING me! They feel worst now then in the beggining but the boob part does not hurt. My nipples were leaking also last week and seem to have stopped now. I want to see your scan! Send it to me [email protected]. I can't wait. Did they say if they saw the gender yet? How's your bump? Mine literally came in over night. Three days ago, my husband was like people might not think you are pregnant yet. Then the next day he was like WOW look at that belly, now you look pregnant and then today it's like ok, it's there. I feel weird. I was so excited for a bump and now I feel like people look at me like is she pregnant for fat? My legs and stuff are not fat, so I am not sure what people think. I will attach my pic for last night and you can tell me what you think:) Talk to you soon! Oh, I am sorry about the snow! That sucks. My friends said we didn't get hit in Fargo, thank goodness I need to get my sod in!! Please do not mind my messy hotel room!!

Attachments

• bb 17+5.jpg
    bb 17+5.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 6
  • bb17+6.jpg
    bb17+6.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 6
Liz- you look gorgeous. :hugs: Yeah our friends in Fargo found it funny we were hit with a lot of snow and nothing there. I will send you the pictures and video in a sec. The Scan tech said she couldn't tell gender yet. The OB we saw said the skull looks like a boy, but we won't know til maybe if we are lucky week 16 or 18. A lot of people think Boy but either way we are real happy. :baby::thumbup:

Liz, I agree you look great! :) I wondered the "pregnant or fat?" question for a few weeks. I've had to make the switch to maternity clothes now since i have nothing left that fits me, so I feel like I look more on the pregnant side because of that. I had a guy ask me last weekend if we are sure it's not twins and another guy say that he thought I looked farther along than I am. I forgave them because I think both of them do not have their own kids, plus they are guys... Lol!

I still don't think I really look like I'm "pregnant" yet. I don't feel like I've actually popped really. I definitely look noticeably bigger but I don't feel like I quite have a BUMP yet. Sometimes I do and sometimes I dont.

I just look a tad bloated most of the time, but I definitely don't look pregnant. I'm still able to wear most of my pre-pregnancy clothing (just need to wear a belly band with my pants or wear stretchy ones). I'm pretty sure I felt the baby move for the first time earlier today though, so that makes me feel a bit more pregnant. :D

Liz you definitely look pregnant, not fat! You look beautiful!
I still wonder if I look pregnant or fat too lol. Certain things I wear you can definitely tell, but then some stuff injust plain look chubby. I'm a bigger girl to start with, so I am very self conscious about it and try to avoid the latter clothes haha. I am still using all my preggo clothes with belly bands, I did through my entire pregnancy with my son. But this time it feels like I'm having a lot more trouble getting comfortable having my pants unbuttoned and just the belly band holding them up. Seems I'm always adjusting, so I may cave amd find me some preggo pants. I am having a lot of ligament pains the last week, last night everytime I moved wrong or to fast it felt like I ripped a muscle in there. I feel baby's flutters still mostly. I've had 2 instances where I felt baby's leg or arm swoosh across the inside of my belly, but not any real kicks yet. I love that part :) DH is still insisting he is finding out baby's sex, I still don't want to know, we haven't even scheduled our 20 week appt yet. Which I find strange. I'm certain my first two pregnancies we scheduled that at our 16 week appt and this time she said she'll schedule it next time. I'll be 19 weeks 5days when I see her again. I'm really nervous about the 20 week ultrasound, my cervix shortened with my son early, and I was on bedrest for a few months. He came at 36 weeks and was fine, but it was a scary few months. So thats what my current concern is. I have braxton hicks already, have since 13 weeks. I can't help but worry about them since I've had preterm labor twice with my only symptoms at first being back pain. Never really had braxton hicks till much later and for me I'm not even sure they were braxton hicks as I was always dilating! We shall see. I'm on a mission of NO BED REST with this baby lol. Would be a huge accompliment. I make sure to drink 64 oz of water everyday, and I am getting off my feet when I feel my back start to hurt or even get braxton hicks. This baby is staying put if I have anything to say about it. Glad to see all of you are well and starting to feel more pregnant! This is the best part of pregnancy!

I have my 20 week ultrasound on Wednesday. I had to have an unscheduled emergency ultrasound 2 weeks ago to check my fluid levels. I was having some awful lower abdominal pain and thought I might be leaking fluid. They wanted to check it out and make sure nothing was ruptured. Luckily, nothing was wrong. My doctor just chalked it up to ligament pain, despite it's persistence. My uterus was measuring very high so she thought the fast growth probably had to do with it. They also checked my cervix length and that was good too. I'm excited for this ultrasound and also really hoping it's the last medical ultrasound I will need for this pregnancy (last time I had weekly ultrasounds after 32 weeks due to high BP and low fluid).
My baby got really strong this last week. Seems daily the kicks are super strong. DH has only been able to feel her kick on one occasion. She's being stubborn, lol.
I am officially 20 weeks today and here is my bump photo:
https://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m224/kay8_88/22A06FD1-C817-4650-9192-2F25F35B7E7F-4694-000006F8718D02DF_zps5aee785e.jpg

14 weeks and a lemon today. Not too impressive I guess as NO ONE has commented on it in the 2nd trimester bump thread. I think maybe there is a little something there. But, I guess it is all just wishful thinking. I have a doc. appt. on the 14th just for follow up as I have to go every 2-3 weeks for one. and hopefully I can cinvince them to let me get another u/s soon for gender before the 18-20 scan for Pediatric Cradiologist

Attachments

• 14 weeks 003.jpg
    14 weeks 003.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 5
I see the start of a bump there :) My "starter" bump was around 12 weeks, but I didn't start bump photos 14 weeks.

14 weeks and a lemon today. Not too impressive I guess as NO ONE has commented on it in the 2nd trimester bump thread. I think maybe there is a little something there. But, I guess it is all just wishful thinking. I have a doc. appt. on the 14th just for follow up as I have to go every 2-3 weeks for one. and hopefully I can cinvince them to let me get another u/s soon for gender before the 18-20 scan for Pediatric Cradiologist

what are you talking about! You totally have a bump!!! It's super cute!!!!!

Liz you are truly wonderful. Plus, you have seen my progression from what looked huge for a few weeks. I guess bloating, to no more bloating now :)
Thank you ladies for seeing a bump there. I have really been in a down mood the past few days. I can't explain why I am just sad and nothing seems to bring me out of it

Lovely bumps, Mamas! :thumbup:

peanutmomma: You definitely have a better bump than I do and I'm a whole month ahead of you. It's very cute!

My gender scan is in about another hour. DF and I are so excited, we can't wait to find out! :happydance:

peanutmomma: You definitely have a better bump than I do and I'm a whole month ahead of you. It's very cute!

My gender scan is in about another hour. DF and I are so excited, we can't wait to find out! :happydance:

do you have any vibes on the gender?

Liz you are truly wonderful. Plus, you have seen my progression from what looked huge for a few weeks. I guess bloating, to no more bloating now :)
Thank you ladies for seeing a bump there. I have really been in a down mood the past few days. I can't explain why I am just sad and nothing seems to bring me out of it
I had lots of days like this too. Yesterday was an extremely overly emotional day for me, for no apparent real reason. Those hormones can really mess with us sometimes. I would say though, that if it gets worse or keeps being persistent maybe talk to your doctor about it. I hope you feel better soon! Lots of :hugs:

That's so exciting!! :D

:blue: :blue: :blue: It's a boy! :blue: :blue: :blue:

I never thought I ever be so happy to be wrong. I was getting serious girl vibes, but it was the most wonderful surprise of my life when I saw my little boy on that ultrasound screen. I can't wait to meet him. He has his mommy's face shape. :blush: <3 :happydance: <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->