Cheers to BFPs in 2-0-1-6!

Joining you ladies! Most of my bnb friends have already gotten pregnant and had their LO's. Fingers crossed 2016 will be our year!

Hoping to join you guys. second cycle tcc and off the Nuva ring. first cycle was a bust and I never was able to detect when I O'd. this cycle I have been taking a more proactive approach and started using opks and checking for CM. I was actually able to be pretty sure when I O'd I got a + opk and lots of EWCM. hoping this cycle will be the one, even though I know its pretty early. expecting to test on Jan 8th.

@abennion how is the acupuncture going? I was thinking about doing that. I've been going to my chiropractor again. He gave me hope saying how when your spine is aligned, it supports better blood flow to your organs and has helped his other patients with fertility issues. I'm sure acupuncture is 10xs better for that.

Welcome Elle.T! I'm happy you stopped nuvaring. I work for the courts in nj and we have nuvaring as a mass tort case. It's not good for women. Potentially very dangerous to your uterine health. Fingers crossed you caught that little eggy!

@Emma1316...what day do you normally O? Hopefully you can find time to rest between all that traveling! Are you traveling for the holidays or for work?

@dancingnurse2 ugh I know what you mean. It's bittersweet. On one hand you are so HAPPY for them. But on the other you feel sorta left behind still waiting for your BFP. The good news is that you can always find comfort in a new thread and there will always be good friends on here to support and cheer you on until you get your bfp! This thread is the right place for that. So where are you in your cycle?

@Hope: Acupuncture is going well. DH started last week to help with his morphology. I'm hoping the combination of both of us going will up our chances... its a 3-5 month wait to hear from the fertility clinic. We've already been waiting a month.

"Welcome Elle.T! I'm happy you stopped nuvaring. I work for the courts in nj and we have nuvaring as a mass tort case. It's not good for women. Potentially very dangerous to your uterine health. Fingers crossed you caught that little eggy!"

Yikes!!!! and Thanks! Its so crazy luckily I never had alot of side effects with the NR but It definitely feels great to be off hormonal BC.

wishing you well on your journey as well!
:happydance:

Wifeybby - my husband and I are also officially TTC after 6 years of NTNP- i hope to get in to see a dr either Jan or Feb to see what might be going on...

Here is to lots of BFPs in 2016 !

Hope: I am on cycle day 10. This cycle we are NTNP due to new adventure with travel nursing. Next cycle we will go back on Femera and Metformin. 2016 holds so many new and wonderful opportunities.

Hey all,
Mind if I jump in this thread? My husband and I have been ttc (oh my, I hope I'm using the acronym correctly- clearly I am new) since May of this year. Or last year if you read this post tomorrow. I have learned much about the process from the community here and am oh so thankful. I agree with dancingnurse that 2016 if full of new opportunities!

Hi ladies! I just realized I haven't posts on here since like page 2, but trust me I've been stalking lol. The prenatals Dr gave me are so expensive, as in $60/month, so I bought some for $15 (with DHA, Folic Acid, etc.). Waiting to see him in about a week or two for the sonohysterogram. I started 10 days x 10 mg Provera 12/20, AF arrived today so be scheduling the SHG Monday.. Also going Monday for a 2 hour blood work for something insulin-related, to rule out or confirm PCOS (no cysts on 1st US). Dropping off DH's semen sample this week as well. Stocked up on OPK's and waiting for my BBT thermometer from eBay. Excited to see if the Provera will somehow set me straight for a cycle, praying so hard to ovulate. Sounds crazy, I know.

Lately (could just be the holidays) literally *everyone* is asking when DH and I are going to have a baby, since we've been together "forever" and were "behind". Next month is our one year wedding anniversary, so I try blow it off, but if only people were more sensitive. I obviously know how long I've gone without a BFP and trust me its not by my choice.

How are you all doing? What's new!?

@Emma glad to see you're relaxing! I hope it works wonders for you.

@dancingnurse please update on using femara! I've heard its effective with low side effects, but more side effects than clomid. I hope its your ticket to a BFP!

Wifeybby - my husband and I are also officially TTC after 6 years of NTNP- i hope to get in to see a dr either Jan or Feb to see what might be going on...

Here is to lots of BFPs in 2016 !

Thank you for sharing that! After being together that long, everyone seems to start to wonder.. Even though I never even talked about TTC even as far as whether or not I was even on BCP. Its always been something I've wondered about myself, and am totally not open to talking about it with friends or family.. Seems too personal somehow. That's why I LOVE these boards, I can talk without any sense of feeling judged. I hope you get your BFP sweetie, I'm sure its absolutely worth every second of trying/waiting. :) <3

Please keep in touch and let me know what your doctor tells you! Or what tests they want to run. I wonder if our plans will be similar!

Happy new year everyone!

I'm back after a week over east for Christmas. I managed to sit on an ant and got a staph infection of all things, so I've been on antibiotics, so I was worried it might push ovulation back a bit, but yesterday I got the start of ferning on the scope and my temp went down a bit this morning so looks like I should be ovulating tomorrow or the next day. Back to closer to 20 days so thats good!

I was so relaxed on holiday so I'm hoping that helps too. Back at work today and I feel the stress climbing up again so trying to block that for the next couple of days at least!

Bring on the TWW :)

Wifey: The Femara has been much better on me then the clomid did. Both have caused weight gain, even though some people lose on metformin. Oh well, I will do what is needed for baby.

Hi, hope everyone had a nice Christmas and new year? So I decided to not temp or do opks this cycle and it's been great! I'll also took a break from here for a couple of weeks as we have been so busy over Xmas. Not sure when I o'd but I'm prob around 5-7 DPO and am feeling normal! Well except for my skin, it's so bad this cycle.

Seeing all our family and friends has been great but of course there has been plenty of baby comments. At times I felt like saying 'we are actually working on it, give us a break!!!' My mum has actually been the worst but I think that's because we can talk openly. Anyway for some reason I'm not that hopefull this cycle. Guess we'll see in a week or so.

All the "when are you...?" questions are enough to drive us all crazy, am I right? It's hard to handle those moments, esp when it totally catches you off guard. @mrsunicorn @Emma, sounds like you can relate!

@dancingnurse - I could deal with a little weight gain lol if it gets you your BFP might as well get used to it. Lol!

I'm CD 2 of a provera period, which is different than my normal flow; TMI much more brown than the usual dark red. I'm not concerned, but its worth mentioning!

Good luck girls, I love that we all sound content and excited for the new year and possibilities!

We made the decision to tell our parents & siblings that we have started trying, I hope we dont regret it down the track if it takes a while and they start asking questions!

My pet hate is when people ask "so when are you having kids". You never know someones situation! It should be like a general rule that its off limits I reckon :thumbup:

My OH and I arent married so we have been lucky so far, but yesterday my uncle did point out that i was getting older and i should get a move on cause he didnt want to wait too long :growlmad:

fingers crossed your TWW turns into a BFP Emma!

I'm totally confused now. I posted that a couple of days ago I was getting partial ferning on my scope opk and I was expecting Ovulation in the next day or two. 3 days later, still no temperature raise. I did have a big dip this morning so I'm hoping tomorrow will be the day, but I used the scope this morning and the results looked infertile!

I'm hoping the results are just stronger in the afternoons and I'll get a positive tonight. We are BD'ing every day so I'll hopefully catch it, I'm just impatient ;)

Sheece, if you bed every other day you will be just fine! Keep at it!

Thanks Hope - just trying to focus on keeping it fun now I think ha ha

More partial ferning last night, and negative this morning, with no temp rise. I must have jinxed it when I said I think I'm back on track this cycle! CD 23 now ..

On the upside, today is my last day of antibiotics so if thats effecting things, it should get back to normal from here :)

How's everyone going?

Hope - I just saw your signature - you got your BFP?! Congratulations!! :D

Hey sheece, hope you o soon, any sign of it yet?

I'm around 10 DPO, af due Wednesday and I'm feeling all the usual stuff - cramps, skin break out (much worse this cycle), and bbs hurt. I've started testing as I really need to use up the 20 odd ICs I have so eventually I won't test before af is due. Oh, and it was bfn of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->