Cheers to BFPs in 2-0-1-6!

My sister recommended I try to take a Tylonel PM at night before bed. That's what her OB had her do during her 3rd Tri and so I did some research and since it's only CatB (just like regular Tylonel) I decided to try it. OMG It was a miracle. I slept for the first time in days. Finally feeling human again.

I only have to get through one more week of work and then we're on break for the holiday. Hoping this LO decides to come a couple weeks early so I don't have to go back for the first week of January. :haha:

Broody - I'm so glad that someone understands! And, what you're describing is exactly what I had heard from other people so I'm sitting here as people are like "well thats what'll happen with baby" going "WTF. even if I"m breastfeeding in the middle of the night I am pretty sure I'll sleep better than this right now". Bah. Stupid people. lol

Whimsy - I'm going for a massage today. I haven't been in a couple weeks because my therapist's schedule wasn't working with mine. But thankfully I"ve got one in an hour and I'm so excited. <3

FF sometimes is tricky with their predictions for O, especially because they look at temps plus CM plus everything else and try to put it all into an algorithm. Hopefully you'll get some answers soon!

Sheece - wow! Loads of blood work! I think my first Fertility appointment was similar. They ran tons of tests, and took so much blood! At least you know that you're on your way to getting answers! <3

Angel - glad you slept well!! Sounds like you're onto a winner :)

Yep I should get my results by Friday (including the glucose test one which I did this morning. yuck!). I'll ring on Friday and ask them to send them through as well as my other test results I gave them at my appointment, as I need to bring them all in with me to my pre op appointment.

Waiting on a call back today too from the lab at our fertility clinic. Rang to get OH's SA results but they only had one nurse on on Saturday so she asked if she could call us back today.

Everything is crossed that they are normal, can't deal with another big setback!

Fingers crossed. A lot can be done to improve sperm quality though if there is an issue. But hopefully there's not!

Hopefully not! The nurse rang him but said she couldnt give him the results only the doc could. And that if there were any issues the doc will call him.

Which is a bit annoying because last week they told us to ring for results.

Oh well. Back to no news is good news!

Oh angel so wonderful you had some sleep. Did tylenol help with the pain? It is difficult trying to schedule things in when you a teacher. Come on juSt a week more. I hope your little one does come early. Did your sister have pain also?

Sheece thats alot of blood. Wow. But finally you are on your way to getting answers and solutions and that's just the best news from you. Yeah I second no news is good news.

Afm, I did a manual over ride on ff just to see what dpo I would have been. Today was 11 (I think, or 10). But put it back to auto. I had some spotting this afternoon and cramping now so AF soon. Ff predicts Fri. Next month if ff does this again, I will manually over ride to get O and AF date. Angel I did also remove the watery cm as I had that all of last week and it's just making ff think I'm still Oing when I know that's done. What I do wish is that I don't have endless spotting

Sheece - that is frustrating that they tell yo uto call for results but then can't give them to you! Hopefully you get news soon!

Whimsical - The tylonel did help some with the pain. Not as much as I would like, but enough that rolling over in bed isn't excruciating, and that's the important part. My sister didn't have pain like this, neither did my mom. They are both really surprised at how much pain I have right now. But I have had some hip problems for awhile so it could also be related.

Do you always have this much spotting? I can't remember. I'm wondering if that's something that could be a hormone thing or if it's just normal?

is it maybe pressing a nerve angel? nerve pain is horrible. atleast you can sleep. even if it just relieves some pain, it is a help. what hip problems did you have before? were you injured?

the spotting started 2 cycles back. it was before my period. spotted for a few days then had AF then spotted on and off the whole cycle. then had AF then kept spotting for almost a week after and since then it has stopped. AF due thurs/fri. i normally get some spotting about 3 days before AF and then nothing till AF. or sometimes a day spotting then AF. this endless spotting is new. i will bring it up at my follow up next year.... i did think the cyst but i have had cysts before without any spotting ever so i just dont know

Hey Whimsy - just looking at your temps, I think they should look at checking your thyroid. I've heard really flat temperatures (ones that don't change very much day-to-day) can indicate a hormonal issue. I've had it happen to me, and I've seen it happen to other girls on the forum.

Angel - I'm glad you found something to help you sleep! Tylenol Night is the best! Here's hoping baby comes early so you don't have to go back to work in January :)

Sheece - Yikes. I would have urged that the doctor call you back ASAP. I could understand if they had just ran a standard test, but with fertility stuff the more you know the better, even if DH's numbers appear in the healthy range!

I agree, the fact that we are even at a fertility clinic should indicate to them we want to know all the details!

I have to ring them on Friday so I will ask again then. I have to get all my blood test results (from last week and the results I gave them previously) for my pre op appointment on the 4th of Jan. I really want a print out of all the results from last week so I can compare to my previous tests and see if anything has improved. And to see how my glucose test went :/

Some good news though, I'm already having fertile cm, fingers crossed I ovulate before the 21st and it isn't just a fake out! And I've hit the 5kg lost mark :D Turns out metformin really speeds things up hehe.

I think I may have spoken to soon. Still kinda fertile cm but temp went a bit too high today to be just before ovulation.Usually my temps go down for a couple of days. Urgh, 5 days until my cut off, come on eggie!!

I survived the week and am now officially on winter break! Woot! :happydance: I told my principal there's a 90% chance I won't be returning after break because I am very possibly too tired/sore/exhausted to work that first week but we'll see what baby does. This weekend we have birth classes, which I'm excited but kind of nervous about. It's the equivalent of the 5 week course but in 2 days instead (9-3:30, with a lunch break). So it'll be a really busy weekend but I think I'll feel better after the class, which also includes information about registration, labor techniques, and the hospital tour. I'm just not thrilled that my first day of "break" and I'll still have to get up at a decent time tomorrow. :p

Whimsical - It doesn't feel like nerve pain, I've had that before. It feels more like bone grating on bone. My hip problems I think come from doing gymnastics. My hips will sometimes feel like they are trying to pop out of place almost. It's hard to explain, they will grate/pop and feel like they're not fully in the socket. It happens sometimes when I'm walking , but more commonly we actually find it happening during sex if I'm on top :blush: It can mean that afterwards my husband has to physically roll me off because I can't move (my hips hurt and lock up). It's really hard to explain and can be real painful. And yet I keep having sex :dohh: :rofl:

Sheece - congrats on the weight loss! That's awesome! Your temps look like they're playing the "yo yo" game. Hopefully they figure themselves out. I did find that I started ovulating sooner/regularly after I lose some weight so that could help too.

Childbirth classes should be good angel. It helped me feel more prepared even though on the actual day it didn't really go as I'd expected

Abe my Dad had over active thyroid problems so last year I did have a test done. Everything was clear. Of course I was not temping then so wouldnt know if then it was ok and now I have the problem . But I will suggest that at next appointment

Sheece congrats on the weight loss. Hope you can lose so much more before the op. I hope you get an O before your cut of date. You doing so much right now.

Angel only 21 days left! Oh my sweet word. Whoo hoooo. I hope baby come before so you don't have to go back. Your sex talk had me laughing so hard.well atleast you having enough sex for me too. I'm on AF and god only how many spotting days will follow so there will be no action happening here. The pain. You saying, I think I have had something similar but not bad. It from the hip bone and it freezes your whole leg. It comes quick and if you don't relax your leg fast or move it to comfy position the whole leg hurts. I also get that sometimes when I'm at the bottom and gets ugly coz have to move to get comfy no matter how close you are to the end. Real mood breaker. Well I don't get it very bad so I can just imagine how bad you get it.
Hope the classes go well. I'm sure you will learn a lot. How much of it you will use when your time comes will be good to know. But good to be prepared for any situation.

Thanks ladies!

Angel - yay for break!! How did the birthing classes go?

So I *think* I've ovulated. Famous last words. I'm on CD16 and I thought I ovulated CD14. I had quite a bit of ewcm and just felt a bit off. Temps have only marginally gone up since then though.

I tested FF with higher temps for the next two days and it gives me crosshairs, but at CD15, so will be interesting to see.

Only 3 days until my ttc cut off date, so hoping I've had a Christmas miracle & ovulated "on time" for the first time since March!

Oh I hope so for you Sheece.

I've got gestational diabetes. I'm so done. On top of the spd, insomnia, anaemia etc etc. March can't come soon enough!

Sorry to hear, broody.

So, either I O'ed waaaay earlier than normal (like CD13) and I'm going to get AF in the next day or two, or I've having tons of activity down there. There was about three days of cramping that stopped yesterday. AF should be here by Christmas.

Trying real hard not to get my hopes up.

37 weeks today! :happydance: I'm officially at "term" according to my doctor. Except of course doctor doesn't consider me 37 weeks until Thursday, so by her standards I have a few more days.

This weekend DH and I went to a 2-day birthing class. It was SO INFORMATIVE. They almost cancelled it because our instructor was really sick and no one would cover, but there were 3 of us signed up who are due within a month and they had no other class to offer us so they found two different women who were willing to split the class up between the two days.

Afterwards DH told me that he didn't realize just how involved the whole process was, and that he's glad we went because he felt it was really informative and it was certainly "not a waste of a weekend" (which is good because he was kind of frustrated that we were spending our entire weekend, 2 days of 9-3:30, in the class). I'm so glad he felt as good about it as I did. We went through all the processes and stages of labor, what to expect in terms of what our body is going through, pain, emotions, etc. They talked about labor coping techniques and had us practice different movements and different breathing techniques - and then we were practicing on day 2 while holding ice (which really helps you simulate the pain a little). And labor partners got a lot of practice in what to do to help us through it.

Day 1 was all about labor. Day 2 was talking about what to expect for C-sections (planned or unplanned), postpartum care, what to expect for recovery, the hospital policies on skin-to-skin and all of that, plus how to's on breastfeeding and newborn care. Honestly, I think this class was one of the best decisions I've made. I feel a lot more ready (informed!) for birth. Plus DH now feels more confident in what he should do and what to expect. :) When we came home yesterday he was saying we need to start putting together a hospital bag and figure out what we want in it. I think he now feels a lot more involved (he realized just how involved he needs to be as a support person), and wants to be part of the process. :)

Broody - I'm so sorry about the GD. That sucks!

Sheece - FX it was O!

Abe - sounds promising! Keep us updated :)

Broody - Oh no! that sucks I'm sorry :( Hurry up March!!

Abe - that sounds very promising! fingers crossed for you :D

Angel - Glad the classes were great! And yay for being 37 weeks! :happydance:

AFM - my stupid temp went down today so I haven't ovulated. Stupid body faking me out again!

My self imposed cut off date is tomorrow. I'm thinking of extending it by 5 days but who knows if there will be any point anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->