Cheers to BFPs in 2-0-1-6!

Temp shot up this morning, a decent ovulation like amount - fingers crossed!

If it is ovulation, it means I ovulated on my original due date. That's a bit poetic isn't it.

On CD18 too, Christmas miracle.

oh sheece i have such a hard time trying to figure my FF charts, your makes me even more confused. i dont think you O'd just yet. your temp did go up but it new went higher than your "pre O temps" (if you O'd CD14/15.) so i think if you want to maby you can wait the 5 days but safest to stick to your cut of date and wait for Jan op. i think the op will really do wonders for your cycle and your chances ttc.

angel, those lessons sound so informative. i think for your DH its finally starting to feel "real" for him. you have been preg for 37 weeks(today officially) and you have been feeling pregnant and expecting a baby, he hasnt. i think the classes really set his mind into "oh this is for real, its happening, we having a baby in a few weeks time" i do hope much of what you learnt helps you and i hope you dont come to worst case senarios and just be like those women who walk into hospital, have a baby and next day walk out with baby.

abe that so promising.... hoping the weight loss helped you so much and you get your christmas miracle

asm, had a few days spotting, AF for 5 days, 1 day spotting and then no spotting. you ladies cant imagine the joy i have that i have no pro longed spotting. right now i can not feel my cyst, but that happens after AF so hoping that this time it is gone.

Alright, I caved. I've started a 2017 thread. I really don't have any more faith in my body to hold on to the hope that I'll get my BFP this cycle.

Thread can be found here: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/trying-conceive-1/2421875-cheers-bfps-2-0-1-7-a.html

My doctor appointment yesterday said that baby was head down in the rihgt position (facing my back). She's very low on my cervix. Doctor says there's a 50/50 chance she could come next week while my doctor is out of town, but there's also a chance she could come up to a week late (so sometime after January 18th). :dohh: I'm still keeping FX that this baby comes in 2016. I'm so tired of being pregnant and just want to meet my LO. I'm having a lot of BH lately, hoping that is a sign she's on her way.

Sheece- Keeping FX!! that's a nice jump, so that would be really nice if that is your Ov. jump! The part about temps that sucks is the part where you have to have 3 days work of temps before you can determine O actually happened. But that was a nice jump so it could be a good sign!

Whimsical - Yes, the classes really helped him realize just how close we are to having a baby. Most of hte time I'm the one who is like "OMG we're having a baby", almost like I forget all the time, and then he laughs at me and says something like "How could you forget that?" :haha: But I think this just made him realize how close it is. Me too, actually.

I hope your cyst is gone! I can imagine that is not a pleasant feeling at all! My sister deals with some bad cysts and I know how much of a pain they can be!

Abe - I guess that makes sense, now that 2016 is about to end. :hugs: Wishing everyone the best of luck in 2017!!

Abe - I'll move over there too

Angel / whimsy - probably spoke to soon. Had a temp dip today. But I'm getting lots of ewcm, most ive had in the last 4 months I reckon.

Going to last chance BD tonight and hope for the best. Cutting it too fine time frame wise after that.

Also got half of my blood test results back. All normal, including my glucose test, phew!!

Still waiting on my AMH test, which is what I'm most worried about, but she is having a look for the results & she said she would send through OH's results too, so we will finally get the Semen analysis results!

They close in an hour for the Christmas break though so I hope she hurries!

angel how are you? did you have baby M yet?

anyone knows how Jezika and her baby are doing?

Still pregnant unfortunately. :(

Last week doctor put me on forced leave. I was seeing a colleague of my actual doctor's because my dr was out of town. I was already on break for the holidays and she took one look at me and said "are you still working??" when I explained I was on break and going back to work this week she shook her head and basically said no. She said I looked overly exhausted already and she didn't want me to work anymore. So I'm on Mat leave a week earlier than expected. Works out okay because they use my sick leave to cover the additional days I'm out instead of having to move my mat leave dates (which are already set in the HR system and would be a pain to redo all the paperwork), but now I'm very anxious to have baby because I feel like I'm wasting my time just sitting here. . . .

Have my 39w appointment today. Have yet to have a cervical check so I'm kind of hoping she'll do one today so I can find out if anything is happening at all. The week after xmas I was having a ton of contractions, sometimes they'd get to 6-7 mins apart and last for up to an hour that way and then fizzle out. :dohh: But now this week I've got nothing going on. It's like my body gave up and decided it was too much work!

blah.

I just want my baby now that I'm on leave and feel like I'm wasting time doing nothing.

Aw Angel that must be tough!! Howd your 39 week appt go? Hope they gave you the news you wanted to hear :)

Whimsical - Yeah we're basically ready for baby and everything's done except the part where she actually shows up. :haha:

Had my 39w appointment yesterday. Sorry in advance for long update!

After talking to doctor she suggested that I consider going back onto my anti-depressant that I was taking prior to pregnancy. She said the one that I was on before is safe for pregnancy, and especially fine now that I'm less than 2 weeks away from delivery, and is 100% safe for BF. She doesn't usually push meds, in fact she told me it was perfectly okay with her if I didn't want to do it. But, I have SADD and struggle significantly in the winter here (when I lived in Texas I was fine but since moving back to Washington, I do not handle winter well at all), and based on our conversation regarding sleep, and the amount of crying I've been doing in the last few days, she's concerned, particularly about postpartum. I've been really great emotionally all pregnancy but now it's getting to a point where it would be worth looking into because the meds take a few weeks to kick in, if I'm already on it now it'll be better if I end up in a bad place post-birth. And, knowing my own past mental stability, I suspect I'll need it, at least through the winter. I usually do really well in summer/spring/fall but a northern winter is very bad for me. Prior to TTC I had actually used herbal remedies (St. Johns Wart with other stuff) and those were sufficient and worked well, but those are dangerous for pregnancy and dangerous for BF, so it's actually safer for me to be on the sertraline instead of the St. Johns Wart until I'm done BF.

She's having me start half pills on the lowest dose until after baby comes, so it'll just start to build up. I'm okay with that. I know my limitations emotionally and mentally and I know that I need to be emotionally stable to care for my baby.

In positive news: she said that the nausea I'm having, plus the extreme emotional stuff is a sign I'm close to labor. She offered to do a check and "stir the pot a little" (Membrane sweep is what I think she was doing, lol). I agreed because I was curious as to how my cervix looked. I'm 50% effaced and she said my cervix is 3cm dilated on the outside and 1.5cm on the inside. I didn't realize you could be two different dilations, but whatever. She said it looks good. And told me to drink lots of red raspberry leaf tea to help things along (I love having an actual doctor who still encourages herbal and natural solutions!). I told her I'm already drinking 2-3 cups a day and said she thinks it's working and to keep it up

She does NOT induce patients unless they are way overdue, she's not a fan of inducing unless there's a strong medical need, so theoretically I could go to 41+3 before she'd induce but she suspects I won't need it.

Oh Angel, I forgot to say on the other thread that I was super emotional the week or so leading up to labour. Irritable and cried a lot. Fx for you!

That's all sounding good Angel. I was told that anti depressant is completely safe so I'd say just go for it. Your mental health is so important and having a baby can send you crazy! Baby blues are horrible. I didn't realise you could have two different dilation either! Hoping your little one doesn't keep you waiting much longer

I think I've lost some of my plug today! A little hard to tell because I'm still having some spotting from the sweep yesterday but this definitely looked more like mucousy stuff and less like regular spotting. FX I'm coming up on baby time soon!

Jezika - that's encouraging! Maybe I'm getting close!! :D

Broody - Thanks! I guess the two different dilations makes sense if, while my cervix is effacing, the one end is dilating at a different rate than the other. I just never thought about it before. :haha: I'm thinking that once I get more effaced it'll quickly jump in dilation then because the outside dilation is already further along. :shrug: or something like that. Basically I need cervix to get nice and soft and efface fast! :haha:

I had no idea there was two measurements for dilation either!

You do sound like you are getting closer, fingers crossed it happens soon for you :D

My op has been pushed back until February 21st. Basically my insurance wouldn't cover it and I didn't have $8k to pay for it, so he switched me to the public list and now I get it for free! Don't know why I bother with insurance.

We BD last night just in case but I think I may have already ovulated. So annoying I should have worked all this out ages ago, then we wouldn't have had to miss this month and not ttc'ed!

That sucks that your op had to be pushed back, but at least you get it for free. That's nice. I can't believe that your insurance wouldn't pay so it was going to be $8k! But at least you have the option to be on a public system and get it paid for, that's really nice. :)

Based on your temps I don't think you've ovulated yet, so you may still have a chance. :hugs: Keeping FX. :)

Yeah we are pretty lucky with our healthcare system here! You may have to wait a bit but you can get treated for free for most things.

I had a ton of really strong ewcm on CD31 so I was thinking I'm in for a chance CD32 onwards. I just need temp to go up again tomorrow heh.

Can't count how many times I've said that though!

congrats Jezika on your little baby girl. how has momhood been so far? esp over the holidays.

angel, i love that your doc puts your first. i mean your baby means the world to you but no used having a baby if you wont be able to handle being a mum. i hope you do keep on the meds for now, till you know you are much better. being a mum is alot emotionally and i would want for you to enjoy every minute. its really good that the meds are safe for baby too.

i also never knew about the 2 dilations. you learn something new every day. i hope all this emotions are like what Jezika said and just means your due date is here.

Quick update:

I went into Labor Friday! I woke up around 1am with contractions that weren't very painful but consistently 5 mins apart. I let DH sleep while I timed them and by 2:45am I woke him because they were still 5m apart but now getting a little painful.

Baby Melody was born Friday 1/6 at 1:51pm. 7lb 2oz and 20in long. <3 I'm so very much in love!

Attachments

• IMG_2695.jpg
    IMG_2695.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 5
Massive congratulations! It's been lovely sharing your journey with you. On to the next one now! Motherhood&#128512;

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->