cheesed off!!

I'll be porkchops fan too!!

(I hope I wasn't being insensitive in my last post. I'm having a REALLY REALLY bad day and I think my judgement is off)

I got on facebook and then closed my account shortly afterward....people just started popping in out of the woodwork...I like my privacy...I think 6 degrees of seperation is not enough...With FB...it's more like 2 degrees of seperation....Maybe i am just paranoid...I have been stalked more than once....so maybe i am gunshy...There is no way in hell I would post pics of my children on any public forum....There are MANY evil nutjobs out there....One cannot be too careful....It is far better to be safe than sorry...I just hope that no one is lulled into a false sense of security because something evil hasn't happened to them yet...

I got on facebook and then closed my account shortly afterward....people just started popping in out of the woodwork...I like my privacy...I think 6 degrees of seperation is not enough...With FB...it's more like 2 degrees of seperation....Maybe i am just paranoid...I have been stalked more than once....so maybe i am gunshy...There is no way in hell I would post pics of my children on any public forum....There are MANY evil nutjobs out there....One cannot be too careful....It is far better to be safe than sorry...

This is exactly why I don't have one; also, as stupid as this will sound, I figure that when DD is an adult, if she wants to put her pic on the web, that is her choice, but I won't decide that for her! I know it might sound over protective, but I remember what it was like when my parents used to show those pics of me at dinner parties, lol.

I also hate the thought of her not getting into the college or job of her choice because of something I put out there. :flower:

I'll be porkchops fan too!!

(I hope I wasn't being insensitive in my last post. I'm having a REALLY REALLY bad day and I think my judgement is off)

Thank you and you haven't said anything insensitive! In fact, you have given me a lot to think about today. :hugs:

I got on facebook and then closed my account shortly afterward....people just started popping in out of the woodwork...I like my privacy...I think 6 degrees of seperation is not enough...With FB...it's more like 2 degrees of seperation....Maybe i am just paranoid...I have been stalked more than once....so maybe i am gunshy...There is no way in hell I would post pics of my children on any public forum....There are MANY evil nutjobs out there....One cannot be too careful....It is far better to be safe than sorry...

This is exactly why I don't have one; also, as stupid as this will sound, I figure that when DD is an adult, if she wants to put her pic on the web, that is her choice, but I won't decide that for her! I know it might sound over protective, but I remember what it was like when my parents used to show those pics of me at dinner parties, lol.

I also hate the thought of her not getting into the college or job of her choice because of something I put out there. :flower:

Exactly...or...something far worse can happen.....It's difficult to imagine unless you've been through it, but I am strongly cautioning everyone who reads this to rethink their position....There are crazy SICKOS out there...:flower:

I got a stalker when I was 26 and ICQ was the big thing. Young and very dumb.

I remember ICQ :)

I would cancel my FB but I use it to stay in touch with 2 friends who live a distance from me and some rescues contact me via it occasionally but I have got the security as tight as possible so I can't even be found on a search but I still don't trust it.

And I said to DH you never really know who has access to the internet and I don't want photos of my child being accessable to sickos.

But definitely want a porkchop fan page :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->