Chemical Pregnancy

Greener Grass

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I came here for some advice really. Last week i had what i believe to be a chemical pregnancy, My period was 4 days late, it came at 19dpo instead of 15 dpo. I did have a positive test at 9dpo but then many more negative tests after this so assumed it was faulty or something and I hadn't tested for 2 days before AF came as i had ran out of tests and was waiting on some coming through the post.

I phoned my GP the day i started bleeding and explained the circumstances. I asked if i could get a blood test to measure my hormone levels to which she refused, she said she could do a urine test for me but that was it, I didn't go and get her to do this as figured what was the point, i did save my urine the next morning and tested when my tests came and the test was negative.

I feel like i am in limbo land. In my heart of hearts I know i was pregnant, I have a son and had all the same symptoms as my last pregnancy from about 7dpo. I'm so upset not to have had the blood test so i do not have a definate answer. Because i never got a positive pregnancy test (apart from at 9dpo) noone seems to think i could've been pregnant and everyone seems to think i've just had a 18 days LP for some reason.

Opinions greately appreciated. Thank you

ETA: here is my chart for that cycle if anyone would like to look https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/AM1007

:hugs: In a situation like this it might seem easier to say you were NOT pregnant - less emotions and pain to deal with, and that may be where your friends and family are coming from, as without a pos preg test they may rather say you just had a late period. But just because it is easier to try to sweep it under the rug doesn't make it right, and you must know this in your heart since you're posting here. You said yourself that you had the same symptoms during your last pregnancy. It's true that sometimes our bodies can play tricks on us, but YOU know your body best. If you feel it was a chemical and you need to grieve, then by all means believe it, and ask that others respect your loss. :hugs: Sometimes we don't need a test to tell us what we already know, yes it would be nice validation (either to know for sure you were pregnant, or to know you weren't), but when we don't have that it's best to go with your gut - trust yourself. :flow:

:hugs: i went through almost the exact same thing in feb. Period came five days late, was a big gush instead of my normal five days of light bleeding, i had had one bfp but the rest bfns so assumed i wasnt preg. In my heart of hearts i know i was though. If u need someone to talk to hun, feel free to pm me. Xo

Thank you both, As you say, in my heart i know i was and i suppose thats all that matters. It does sadden me to admit it as i have been trying for 15 months now and this is the closest i have come. I am clinging to the hope that the theory about being really fertile after a mc is true and i fall this cycle.

Nuke, thanks so much, it really helps that someone else has been there!! I'm so sorry to hear you went through the same thing though and again last week :( big giant hugs xxx

im also clinging to the 'more fertile after mc' theory, though its anybodys guess wen ill ovulate. And seriously, pm me any time! Xo

So so sorry, i know exactly how you're feeling. I had this yesterday, 3 positive tests last week, been trying for ages and was so so excited. Had rushed and told my parents, then started to bleed on sunday. I rang my doctor who referred me to an early pregnancy unit, where i had bloods and an examination. They called yesterday evening to tell me my hormone levels were really low and i'd had a chemical pregnancy. The nurse was great and explained that as we were ttc we had just tested too early. The positive results and the symptons i'd had meant that an egg was fertilised but didnt implant properly and that it is classed as a very early miscarriage or chemical pregnancy, and that next time to try and wait till i was at least two weeks late before testing. The bleeding was very heavy and more painful than normal with lots of clots. (i have endometrosis so i'm used periods being bad)

It sound to me like you had the same thing, i get the feeling of being in limbo, there's nothing definiate to grieve over but the feeling of loss is still strong. I even feel a bit of a fraud for feeling so upset, when many people on this forum have been through worse traumas. I feel very silly for telling people far too early, but a lesson learnt.

Wishing you lots of luck, fingers crossed for you this month (i will now have to read up on being super fertlie as i'd not heard about this before finding this thread) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->