• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chemical?

aidensxmomma

4 on Earth, Many in Heaven
Reaction score
I hope I'm posting in the right section and don't upset anyone. :hugs:

On Father's Day (June 21), I got a faint BFP. It was really faint, but OH could see it, too, so I know I wasn't just imagining things. The day after, I got another faint positive. I used FRER for both tests. However, I went to the doctor and got a blood test that same day and it was negative. The office told me they only did a qualitative blood test, so they have no idea what my HCG levels were - they didn't check the levels at all.

Two days later, I started bleeding. The bleeding started a day later than my period should have and it was lighter and shorter than a normal period.

So my question is - does this sound like a chemical?

I'm not sure what to think. I'm absolutely devastated because I was so sure I was pregnant. But because of the negative blood test, I'm uncertain if I was ever even pregnant in the first place. So I'm not sure it's "right" for me to be upset.

It's driving me crazy to not know what's going on, so I'm looking for other's opinions. My doctor's office was no help and offered no explanation for why I'd get positive pregnancy tests and a negative blood test.

Thanks for any help ladies. :flow:

Having never had a chemical myself I can't really say but I do know that a lot of the ladies on here have had them and their stories are similar to what you described. BUT I do want to note that it could have been implantation bleeding you had. Some women do get their first "period" when they become pregnant, and some even get breakthrough bleeding as well at 8 weeks from their second period trying to come on. Usually by the time the third period is due, your body realizes what it is supposed to be doing and the bleeding stops.

As to your hormone levels, it could be that they are slower to rise this time. Some doctors don't consider you "pregnant" until your levels are at least 25 miu. If you had positives on FRERs but not on any other brand, it could be that your levels are too low to detect right now, especially since I've heard FRERs can detect as low as 10 miu. I would wait a few days and try testing with a brand that is not as sensitive. Once you get a strong positive on those, go back to your doctor for a repeat on bloods.

I wouldn't give up hope just yet :hugs:

I have had two and they played out exactly like that. If you got not one but 2 BFP and you period was nearly on time, I'd say it was a chemical. Take another test next week with FMU, if it is still positive find a Dr who will do a Quantitative Blood Test and not a Qualitative.

I'm sorry for your loss if this turns out to be the case of a chemical.

Thanks for the replies ladies. :hugs:

I took a test yesterday (a little over a week from my first positive test) and it was negative. :nope: Also, I talked to a fertility coordinator yesterday and she said it was a chemical. :cry:

Sorry for ur loss i just went thru the same thing it is the second time ive had a chemical pregnancy I was sure I was I really wanted it to be but i guess thats how things go

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->