chicken pox question

amylw1

my 3 boys in avatar. x
Reaction score
hi,

my youngest is rapidly coming up in red spots that seem to be going blistery like chicken pox. i cant get into my docs until tomorrow but i am waiting on a call back from out of hours docs.

i had chicken pox really bad when i was little (twice). does this mean i am immune to it? could there be problems for LO?

please advise.

Hi Amy you're fine as long as you have had them yourself, my oldest had them when i was pregnant with youngest and went to docs and they told me if you have had them your safe. As you have had them twice your pretty safe lol.

Hope this puts your mind at rest hunni!

Clare x

thanks, lil man is head to foot and more are coming up. i've sent the neighbour some money to go and get me some more calamine.

Hun you should be ok if you have had them my son had them a few months ago and I asked MW and she said as long as ive had it Im ok. Hope your LO feels better soon :hug:

hello....my 3 year old son has them right now!!! they are just starting to shrink now.
Your fine as long as youve had them before, i had them when i was little and i havent caught them off him!

hope he doesnt itch too much! x

he's not scratching them etc, just a real grumpy bum

as long as you have had them before its not a problem :), hope your lil one gets better soon x

Can I add a help to your lo..... Piriton or similar to help with the itching once they start to form a 'crust'.

he cant take piriton as it reacts with his asthma medication, but thanks anyway.

he has been really good and hasnt scrathed them, even the 2 that got infected. most have now gone.

I think there's also some research that says if a pregnant woman is exposed to chicken pox the unborn baby gets immunity from it.

I think there's also some research that says if a pregnant woman is exposed to chicken pox the unborn baby gets immunity from it.

not heard this b4. i know it can have serious affects on baby if the mother hasnt had it.

I'm not sure how it affects mom, or baby..... but there IS a chance you can get it again. It's not true that 'if you've had it before, you're safe). Well, YOU'VE even had them twice! LOL......... Maybe you have a less chance because you've had them 2 times already!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->