chicken pox question

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Club' started by amylw1, Apr 15, 2009.

1. amylw1

amylw1 my 3 boys in avatar. x

hi,

my youngest is rapidly coming up in red spots that seem to be going blistery like chicken pox. i cant get into my docs until tomorrow but i am waiting on a call back from out of hours docs.

i had chicken pox really bad when i was little (twice). does this mean i am immune to it? could there be problems for LO?

please advise.

2. Clare Bear

Clare Bear 2 Daughter's 1 Baby boy x

Hi Amy you're fine as long as you have had them yourself, my oldest had them when i was pregnant with youngest and went to docs and they told me if you have had them your safe. As you have had them twice your pretty safe lol.

Hope this puts your mind at rest hunni!

Clare x

3. amylw1

thanks, lil man is head to foot and more are coming up. i've sent the neighbour some money to go and get me some more calamine.

4. MummyBurgo

MummyBurgo I love my boys x

Hun you should be ok if you have had them my son had them a few months ago and I asked MW and she said as long as ive had it Im ok. Hope your LO feels better soon :hug:

5. nuttymummy

nuttymummy Well-Known Member

hello....my 3 year old son has them right now!!! they are just starting to shrink now.
    Your fine as long as youve had them before, i had them when i was little and i havent caught them off him!

hope he doesnt itch too much! x

6. amylw1

he's not scratching them etc, just a real grumpy bum

7. LucyEmma

LucyEmma Well-Known Member

as long as you have had them before its not a problem :), hope your lil one gets better soon x

8. ttcbabyno.1

ttcbabyno.1 Due Date 25th December

Can I add a help to your lo..... Piriton or similar to help with the itching once they start to form a 'crust'.

9. amylw1

he cant take piriton as it reacts with his asthma medication, but thanks anyway.

he has been really good and hasnt scrathed them, even the 2 that got infected. most have now gone.

10. MaryJ

MaryJ Mom of 1 soon to be 2!

I think there's also some research that says if a pregnant woman is exposed to chicken pox the unborn baby gets immunity from it.

11. amylw1

not heard this b4. i know it can have serious affects on baby if the mother hasnt had it.

12. Dukechick

Dukechick Wife & proud Mom of 2

I'm not sure how it affects mom, or baby..... but there IS a chance you can get it again. It's not true that 'if you've had it before, you're safe). Well, YOU'VE even had them twice! LOL......... Maybe you have a less chance because you've had them 2 times already!!!