Chickenpox

Aww, sorry to hear about the pox! The symptoms you describe your little ones having a couple of weeks ago probably were the start of it, they do tend to be unwell before the spots actually come out, and the spots usually do start with a 'queen' spot on the torso somewhere.

My eldest came into the kitchen on the morning of his 3rd birthday party and when I looked up at him he was covered in spots! Luckily all of his guests either had had it or their parents wanted them to get it so they all still wanted to come. My middle one got it 15 days later and had worse spots but wasn't so poorly, he's still got the scars on his tummy now. I used calamine cream and an anti-histamine medicine too which worked well.

Hope everybody's spotty LOs are better soon.

Gemma x

I can say that thank goodness Amanda has it now and not in a few weeks (Nov. 8) when her birthday is. That would be sad :(

Interesting about the queen spot. Never knew. :)

How are they both today Leanne?

I'm pleased to say that Charlie slept for almost 13 hours last night, and is a picture of happiness today (apart from the spots). He's ate today as well. I've seen his key worker today, and she said he's fine to go back to nursery tomorrow.:happydance:

I've been trying to take pictures of him, but he's camera shy!! :dohh:So I've had to wait for his nap. This is his face. Luckily he's not picking at them, so they shouldn't scar. The only one that seems to bother him is the one in the corner of his eye, which was one of the first ones he got.

https://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/famanda33/DSCF1617.jpg

https://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/famanda33/DSCF1619.jpg

Aww, bless him! That one at the corner of his eye does look bothersome. But, :happydance: he's on the mend!

My kids are still sleeping as it's only 5:30 a.m. here. Be interesting to see what happens today.

Amanda's biggest annoyance are the ones under her armpit. They look sore. :(

Ok very strange. I don't think my kids have it. Jayden's spots are disappearing. Amanda's are still there but not multiplying and they still just look like hives...there are no blisters or crusting over and this is day 4. Chicken pox spreads major too and you can get an average of 300 lesions.

They are itchy according to Amanda.

So, what the hell do they have? The doctor was wrong then? Guess I will be bringing the kids back in today.

Ohh chickenpox is so nasty but its best to get it outta the way.

I had it when i was 7 and missed my school trip to York booooooo.

Both me and me bro got it at the same time also but we had them in our mouth and down our throat also, ouch!! I rememeber teh anti-histamine medicine tasted like sweaty socks hehehe

Hope everyone is feeling better soon

It's a hair follicle infection not chicken pox. That doctor the first time was an idiot.

Anyhow, it's common and caused by bacteria on your skin entering a hair follicle. If you touch one and then touch another area on your body, it can spread. It is contagious too.

Jayden's are pretty much gone and Amanda still has her's but has been prescribed cream so it should go away soon.

Can't believe the first doctor got it so wrong :dohh:

Stupid huh?

UGH!

At any rate, at least it isn't a waste of time keeping them home from school.

Blimey!!! Stupid doctor.:hissy:

At least you've not got to worry about Chase getting chickenpox now.:hugs:

Very stupid doctor. Still really don't know what the hell a hair follicle infection is. I google it and they talk more about boils. ROFL!

Its good your kids havnt got it bad . My friends daughter just had it and it was so bad her face doubled the size and they were forming on her eyes, she was admitted to hospital poor thing worst case they have ever seen!
Hope chase doesnt get it iether :hugs:

Here's a picture of my sons back when he had them. He had them so bad he's got scars on his face still from them :o(

https://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z45/hay_v6/Photo-0117.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"