Chinese takeaway for almost one year old?!

Chips from the chinese are amazing though <3

Oh and I saw on TV that most of the food we think is chinese is actually indonesian food so that probably has something to do with it too.

Yes girls I meant it as a joke about Chinese food. :)

Of course I know take out food (Chinese, Mexican, Japanese, etc..) is nothing like authentic food from that region. I am Japanese and I don't just make onion volcanoes on a hibachi all day long. lol
But I make "authentic" stir-fry all the time, and there are a lot of food at Chinese take out places that offer good options, but even if a LO eats a couple bites of salty or fattening stuff then that's ok too once in a while. My Chinese place has a big banner on their menu that says "No MSG" so that's why I am ok with it.

Oh and I saw on TV that most of the food we think is chinese is actually indonesian food so that probably has something to do with it too.

Hmm not really. I had Chinese friends in school and also had a good Malaysian friend but of Indonesian heritage, both families had a restaurant, some of the dishes that a few Chinese restaurants serve these days such as Satay are Indo-Malay but most aren't. Indonesian food usually involves a lot of lemongrass, galangal, coconut milk or cream, brown coconut or palm sugar, rarely involve soy sauce unless it is ketjap manis which is like a sticky sweet reduced version of soy sauce, the ingredients are so different to Cantonese food which is what most Chinese food in the UK is based upon. The rest are US or UK hybrids mixed with traditional Chinese dishes and most are Cantonese (I.e from Hong Kong and nearby areas). My mum had a book with Chinese take away good specifically and some of the things they put in it you'd never imagine for example lemon chicken is usually made with custard powder. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->