Chloe 14/01/11

andysgirl

Reaction score
I realise I'm a little late in posting this but I really wanted people to know my birth story and to hopefully be reasured that when it all goes wrong it doesn't matter!

I had had mild contractions from Tuesday 11th Jan but they really notched up a gear in the early hours of Thursday 13th Jan, so much co that I needed to get my hubby to attach the Tens machine, which helped in the early stages.
I had my 41week midwife appointment where she did a stretch & sweep and told me I was 2-3cm's which was encouraging, I was told to go home have some paracetamol and try to sleep, which I did for a while.
I managed to eat some pasta (I was told I wasn't eating enough starch) before they started again in earnest. We continued to chart my contractions all night but they were quite erratic, however at 12pm they suddenly got strong and we decided to go to our local birthing unit.
I was checked and still only 3-4cm's told to go home & have a bath.
On way home my waters broke, which felt like someone poured 3lts of warm water on my seat- I think at this point reality set in, my contractions got a lot worse, the bath helped sooth for a while but by 3.30am I was desperate to get back to birthing unit.
I was given gas & air (which I loved) while they filled the birthing pool, which was the loveliest feeling ever (for a while) I then had to get out so I could have pethadine. My husband says this is where I began to say very strange things but I cant remember a thing about it.
We got to 11am and I hadn't progressed so I had to be transfered to a hospital, which i was very sad about because the birthing unit was amazing!!!
Once at hospital I was given epidural, which wasn't as bad as I was expecting and hormones to get to the pushing stage - this took approx 5 hours but I could sleep at last!
Once fully dialated I was aloud to start pushing - for 1 hour - we didn't get very far & I was transfered to theatre. The doctor could't use forceps as baby still very high so I had to have a spinal and emergency c section. I was very sad to have this proceedure as I wanted to avoid it right from the beginning but that was the only way to get her out.
I found the recovery quite hard, I felt quite sore for a few weeks and had trouble getting in & out of bed.
Over all though I would do it all again for the wonderful little girl we got!!!
I hope others dont panic too much, doctors do usually know what they are doing and its in the mum & babies best interest, I cant really remember any of the pain & am looking forward to baby number 2!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->