Christening

loopylou86

Reaction score
I am looking into getting my little boy christened and wondered how I go about organising it? I know they say you should have two men and a woman as god parents for a boy but is this true? Thanks

Now days u can have what u like hun. For my nephew I was the godparent and there was one godfather who was a friend of my brothers.

For our Lo christening (girl) we had my brother and his wife, and my step brother and his wife.

The godparents should both be baptised themselves and some churches ask for the godparents baptism certificate as proof, but our didnt, they just wanted ours.

Normally, it should be a close friend or family member but whatever u want.

We had Sophie christened last month and we had two godmothers and two godfathers. Our church didn't ask to see any baptism certificates or anything but we had to fill in an "application for baptism" form which asked if each godparent had been christened and confirmed. BiL hadn't been christened OR confirmed but was still a godfather (we made a bad choice with that and he sniggered his way through the service but that's another story!)

We found it really easy to organise - first I contacted the vicar and sorted out the date, then we phoned a local restaurant and asked them to do a buffet and that was pretty much it. LO wore the robe that my brother and I were christened in, I made the cake myself and that was about it!

xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->