Christening

Pyrrhic

Reaction score
Well I have started to plan Bump's christening! :rofl:

May seem stupidly early, but I figure booking somewhere for a weekend meal for people will be a challenge if I don't get a move on soon! Plus having an idea of prices will help so I can set some money aside.

So it will be in March, and after the church we'll be having a sit down meal for 40 people either in a country restaurant on the river (converted old mill) or a private club near the city centre in some nice gardens. Mum's already said she's buying the cake (wooo chocolate!) :rofl:

Are you having a christening or did you have one? If so, what did you do or what are you having?

im glad u brought this up, we're getting our LO christened, so if i may, can i stay and grab some ideas? x

Sure :) I haven't decided much so far, but think we'll be having either a two course buffet or sit down lunch (depending on cost) and then instead of dessert, have coffee and cake. (We're getting the cake from a local cake maker.)

We thought about just drinks and nibbles, but OHs family will be coming from far away so decided to make more of a day of it.

I've seen a couple of really gorgeous christening outfits in Mamas and Papas, which are here: https://www.mamasandpapas.co.uk/range/special-occasionchristening/2517/

yeh i saw some lovely ones in mamasandpapa's my MIL has got one from when her daughter got chrstened, shes only 5, is a handmade one, looks lovely.

i didnt know wether to just have a buffet for after tho, as my OH's family is about 40+Alone, and i have a good 20-30 would want to come ;/

I really really want to get LO christened but OH thinks it's a waste of time and he's not in the least bit religious. I've tried convincing him to have a 'naming ceramony' instead .. but he still doesn't think it's worth doing. *sigh*

All of mine are christened (or baptised as the Reverent says its now called) and LO will be to....

...with all mine we had a great day, the church bit went well and then we had a hot and cold Buffet in a hotel for dinner, by afternoon people start leaving and going home.
Its really great fun and altho OH isnt remotely religious he agreed to it on the 'just in case' Princible lol

I have thought about mine. My mum dug out the gown last week and we are using DH's shawl so we have a bit of both of us in there. Have picked the Godparents - 6 :rofl: I couldn't pick some without others so hey she will have some good ones! I think we will go somewhere else rather than back home save the hassle of having ppl here, but haven't decided where yet. Ours will be in May so have a while to think yet.

I am only doing mine because my family and darrens family have to have it done. I dont care for all that stuff, I was christened and all. Usually my fam has a get together at a resturant but i wont be doing that as i cant afford to feed everyone and will be in no mood for it.

I had my 3 children christened when ethan was 5 months old we had 40 guests at a carvery x

We're having Pip christened, more to appease my parents than anything, but my sister is due a few days before me so we've decided to have a joint christening for Alex and Ava (sound like twins don't they!). Only problem with that is we all have huge families so there'll be about 150 guests - god knows how we'll feed them all! Any ideas??????????

We're having Pip christened, more to appease my parents than anything, but my sister is due a few days before me so we've decided to have a joint christening for Alex and Ava (sound like twins don't they!). Only problem with that is we all have huge families so there'll be about 150 guests - god knows how we'll feed them all! Any ideas??????????

Buffet? or maybe a big BBQ? ...

Thanks I think it will have to be a cheap and cheerful buffet - just need to find a large venue now!

With our eldest DS we had a christening here in UK and it was at a country pub with a buffet.
I didn't enjoy it that much due to family rowing etc :(

Second DS we had it in Italy (hubby is from there) and it was lovely ,booked a restaurant,20+ of us and set menu .

With this one it will be the same again,we had a wonderful experience there and so relaxed.

I had one couple weeks ago.. we had the church then a small gathering at a local hotel :)

Oh my gosh you guys do Christenings wayyy different than over here!!

Here you just get the baby christened with immediate family(like aunts,uncles, grandparents), 2 Godparents...and then you go to someones house and have like finger foods for an hour or so. That's it. No hotels or buffets or anything.

I don't want to get the baby Christened because I know I'm not going to be raising her in the church. My parents will, so I'm letting them go up with her and make their promises and stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->