Christenings!!

leedsforever

Kerry!
Reaction score
Ok I want to get courtney christened... how do I go about it??

what do we do??

:dohh:

Over hear you need to call up your chosen curch and have a chat with the pastor/ priest about it

Yeah as Sarah88 said, I think you have to contact the vicar at the church you want her christened in x

Yeah as Sarah88 said, I think you have to contact the vicar at the church you want her christened in x

what about afterwards ... what do you ppl do??

hope your ok hun... how you been?

I've been good thanks hun, a bit better now. How are u getting on?
I'm not sure about the arrangements tbh. I think after the christening usually you would have a party or something? We are thinking about having a naming ceremony for Joseph when we finally get it sorted, we would have a little service at the registry office and then a party. xx

Umm... Here people normally have a bbq, just a little get together for lunch or something. A chance for everyone to hang out and catch up.

I'm good :)
Umm... Here people normally have a bbq, just a little get together for lunch or something. A chance for everyone to hang out and catch up.

good good...

I was thinking... of maybe doing it on her birthday so there wouldnt have to be 2 parties and double the expense...?!

what about afterwards ... what do you ppl do??

hope your ok hun... how you been?

I've been good thanks hun, a bit better now. How are u getting on?
I'm not sure about the arrangements tbh. I think after the christening usually you would have a party or something? We are thinking about having a naming ceremony for Joseph when we finally get it sorted, we would have a little service at the registry office and then a party. xx

yeh so so :( having a bad patch as you saw :cry:

but Im sure I will be ok!!
So a naming ceremony happens in a registy office.... what happens??

hello lovely..

my dads a vicar, so i'll help if i can.

usually, you phone up the church or vicar of the church where you'll want her to be christened. then he/she will arrange a meeting with you, usually at your house, so that they can talk to you about when you want it, and what you want the service to involve, godparents etc and costs. i think they might have one or 2 more meetings with you before the day, but every church is a bit different. your allowed to invite as many people as you want to the service, and people usually have a party of some sort afterwards as a celbration!

hope that helps a bit!
good luck getting it all sorted :hugs: xxx

I think it's just loads of talking really lol. Making promises to care and love your baby, then you pick responsible adults (in a christening it would be godparents) who make similar promises and then you can have readings and things. And obviously in a christening you would have the water part which doesn't happen in a naming ceremony.

I saw you are having a rough time, if you need to escape you can always come over to mine or i can meet u somewhere xxx

hello lovely..

my dads a vicar, so i'll help if i can.

usually, you phone up the church or vicar of the church where you'll want her to be christened. then he/she will arrange a meeting with you, usually at your house, so that they can talk to you about when you want it, and what you want the service to involve, godparents etc and costs. i think they might have one or 2 more meetings with you before the day, but every church is a bit different. your allowed to invite as many people as you want to the service, and people usually have a party of some sort afterwards as a celbration!

hope that helps a bit!
good luck getting it all sorted :hugs: xxx

cheers hun... so when you say cost... what do you have to pay??

:hugs:

cheers hun... so when you say cost... what do you have to pay??

:hugs:

its ok hun.. umm, i cant give you a definite answer because all churches are different, but its usually just paying to hire the use of the church & the vicar. wont be too much hun :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->