christenings

Layla

Reaction score
What do you see/think the role of a god parent should be?
How involed in the childs life should they be (in your eyes)

Just want to point out that i dont mean to offend anyone for there beflies. xxx

I have been a bit stupid i think, I had Charlie christened when she was 5 months old, not really sure why i did it coz i dont belive in god, i think it was more for Spiritrual reasons, i saw it as extra protection from the spirit world nothing to do with god of jesus. also so they have a legal person to care for them if anything should happen to me or Jase.

So of course i then got Ethan and Coby done for the same reasons, but the godparents i have picked for them (sadly all diffrent) have been crap, im really disapointed in them.

Also have to confesss, im not christend and nor are some of the godparents so in fact there christenings are most prob void in teh eyes of the church anyways.

I have heard about naming ceromies, but have no idea what they invole, are they more spirit related then christenings?
Could i get them all done again in this way and have the same god parents.
Do you even have god parents with nameing ceromies?

i feel such an idiot now for getting them christend, but if all is well with this prengancy then i dont want to leave this baby out, thats why i want to find out about these nameing ones, what they invole, can i get them all done at teh same time so they all have the same god parents etc

Any info would be great, I cant remember if it was beanie or Kina but im sure one had a nameing ceromies for there child?

xx

i will be getting my 2 christened this summer. i am not a big church goer etc, but all my family is roman catholic and i want it to stay that way, and i only want my 2 to go to a catholic school, and of course i cannot wait till Dior does her communion.

i am not having firends as god parents friends come and go.
i am only having family

My eldest brother and my cousin, they are not great role modles but they would do any thing for my children and have been there for every birthday xmas etc

It was me who haad a naming ceremony. Mine was a humanist one, so not really spiritual (humanism is an approach to life based on humanity and reason). I used to be a Christian but lost my faith and so a christening would be meaningless for me, plus I want Seren to choose the religion (if any) that she wants. A naming ceremony can be anyhting - you can do it yourself, or you can get someone in to do it for you. I got a celbrant from the Humanist Association, but you can have a registrar etc. It is an individual thing so it is entirely up to you what ypu have in it. All your children can be done at the same time. You don't have godparents as such as there is no God in the ceremony but Seren has two sets, Supporting Adults (my sister and her fiance and Seren's nan and grandad) and 4 guideparenst (best friends of mine and OH) I will find the descriptions of their role and some bits of the cermeony to give you a better idea

Here is a good link https://www.civilceremonies.co.uk/naming.htm

Melie is being christened July along with Chloe,we do attend church on family days every 2nd sunday so I will get it done.

God parents have no legal obligation they are there for guidance fir your children and to advise through the years.

I love the dresses for gowns lol like getting wed again

Beanie, those words are lovely. Much nicer than I had imagined TBH. Did you make yours up or did the registrar suggest certain words?

thats fab beanie, thanks for all the info, its something i will look in to.

x

Beanie, those words are lovely. Much nicer than I had imagined TBH. Did you make yours up or did the registrar suggest certain words?

I said what I wanted to be said and she incorporated it all. My favourite piece was whne she spoke about my parents, even though they are no longer with me I wanted them to be part of the day and she did a fantastic job.

Beanie that is beautiful. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"