Christmas Boxes !

Babybump87

Reaction score
What do you do a 1st of December box or Christmas Eve Box or both !?!

Last year we did a 1st December Box and elf on the shelf both for the first time ! This year I am not sure which one to do !

Ideas Welcome !

Both!

December 1st Box has advent calendar, arts and crafts, Christmas jumper, PJ's and some chocolate/sweets....basically things for during December.

Christmas Eve box has family PJs, hot chocolate, book, dvd, reindeer food etc

I'm doing a Christmas Eve box this year for the first time. Excited about it!
For stuff for during December (Christmas dvds, Christmas cups/bowls, sticker books and books etc) I pretty much just introduce it when I put the decorations and tree up.

We do a Christmas Eve box. I get Christmassy things as and when during December.

We do Christmas Eve box but we’ve also started doing a few little things on the night we put our decorations up which isn’t necessarily 1st December. We do Christmas pjs, Christmas sweets and watch a Christmas film then when the kids are in bed our elf ‘appears’. Our Christmas Eve box tends to have the same things in each year - more new pjs, recycled Christmas teddies and blankets, reindeer food, magic keys and more chocolate or sweets

I did a Christmas eve box last year for the first time. Had reindeer hot chocolate, santa balloon, a key to leave out for santa, PJ's and a colouring book.

Invisible elf comes out to play with his door on the 1st, and he'll be bringing the girls calendars. I didn't realise people did a box too.

My 1st December thing isn't a box as such, it's just things we have on 1st December when we get everything out and decorated. I like to make all of Dec about the lead up so we do arts and crafts, make cards, go to parties, school plays etc etc. Makes it all last longer and builds up excitement :)

Because we're spending Christmas at our flat for the first time ever this year instead of going to my mums, I was going to get a magic santa key and I like the idea of putting it in the Christmas Eve box cheers ladies!

I only do a christmas eve box which contains new pjs, slipper socks, santa key, reindeer food and a goodbye present and note from our elf. We are usually always out most of xmas eve so when we return our elf has gone and left this behind.

I don't normally do a first of dec box. Our elf usually just appears with an advent calendar and then ill leave out sone craft things or sticker books most mornings. Im wondering though whether this year just to have the elf arrive with a box full of craft books etc for the month? Would be a lot easier tbh

My elf door appears on the 30th of November and then the elf arrives on the 1st with the advent calendar and letter from Santa and some kind of reward chart. First year was simple reward chart to get a sticker every day till Santa came, last year was little reward cards to save up and this years is a chart to do good deeds etc to get your sheet filled up with a letter explaining that kindness is what makes Santa sleigh fly so needed help. The elf does something every day and sometimes that is just bringing christmas colour book, cookie kits etc.
He is gone on xmas eve morning leaving goodbye note and little gift but door still there and later on in day nearer bedtime Christmas eve box arrives. Has pj's key, reindeer dust, santa plate and bottle for his milk, magic key, sweets and other little bits that I find and a certificate confirming that is on the nice list.

I may do a Christmas Eve box this year. Not doing elf as dd doesn't like elves. Not doing advent as I didn't like dd's attitude last year when doing it. Have never done boxes at all, so since I'm not doing anything else, I may do the Christmas Eve one. I'm trying to come up with a new Christmas Eve tradition anyway so this would fit nicely if I do change things up. Have no idea what I'd put it in yet.

Have no idea what I'd put it in yet.

I'm doing it for the first time and mostly based on inspiration off ladies on here, mine contains:
- dvd (non-Christmassy, the Christmas ones come out at the end of Nov)
- game (as in a board game, chose one I thought was appropriate for what my DS can do) (had to take it out of its box to fit in my box!)
- book (again non Christmasy)
- minions cupcake mix. We bake loads but I thought this would be fun and easy
- magic santa key
- treats and snacks
- face packs for me and SIL! Don't see why it shouldn't have something in it for us haha.

I'm going to let DS open it in the morning of Christmas Eve rather than the evening and then we can spend the day watching the film, playing the game, doing the cupcakes etc. No point really doing it in the evening for what I've put in it, because then it'll soon be bedtime and by the time santas been the next morning he'll have forgotten everything that was in it!

I do a Christmas Eve box, usually has new pyjamas, a mini selection box, maybe a DVD or craft (usually baking), a magic flannel things like that. Xx

I have our Elf bring our December 1st boxes with pajamas, books, sticker books, treats, and advent calendars. Christmas eve we are usually way too busy with family to do anything.

Ohh didn't realise how popular Christmas Eve boxes are . We usually go to OHs parents on Christmas Eve and get back late . OH dresses up as Father Christmas (it's hysterical lol) and gives the girls a little gift .

I did a box last year on 1st December which had in it
Elf, advent calendar , Christmas crafts , coins , a few other bits and bobs can't remember now ! That's exactly us Phantom too busy on xmas Eve !

Was conflicted this year but think I am going to stick with the 1st December until next year

I Think I may leave them out some pjs on xmas Eve as if the elf left them there lol . Thanks for the ideas of what to put in them .

We have an Xmas eve box. Last year it had pyjamas, book and happyland nativity figures in. Will be the same this year. Think next year we'll start an advent calendar on the 1st and add hot choc etc to the box. We just get films off sky now else would put in a DVD. The box should be big enough for little games like snap or similar as she gets older.

We do both. I don't really spend a lot on the Dec 1st box as it's mainly 'recycled' things from previous years ...Christmas books, C'mas dvds, C'mas colouring and sticker books etc. Then I also get them some Pyjamas and advent calendar... Elf arrives that morning too and brings it all for them.

C'mas eve box is cookie mix, bath bomb, pj's, dvd, book, hot chocolate, treats, magic key, santa plate, reindeer food x

Our elf brings Xmas 1st box which contains all the Xmas books, dvds, crafts and advent calendars.

I did an Xmas Eve box one year before we started doing the elf, but I prefer giving them it at the start of the month then they can get more use out of the stuff.

Our elf brings crafts and treats throughout December too as well as being a menace lol .

Bought the girls boxes today from B and M and I am going to add their name on it in gold stickers .

Loving all the ideas !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->